The Official Banter Away Thread

I rescued a german shepard/rotty mix 2 years ago, he's great, but he is absolutely the worst walker. He has 2 speeds, full gas or dead stop. He's the curious pup, and we will be in a walk and he will see something new or different and just stop, sit, and honestly it looks like he is just thinking or trying to process what something is and WILL NOT BUDGE. He's about 80 lbs, and when he doesnt want to move there is no making him move. I can literally drop the leash and walk off and he will just sit there trying to solve lifes biggest mysteries without moving.
LOL! Milo is so easily distracted too, any noise or person, dog, human, leaf, he needs to be up in all the business. This is why I have small dogs though, so at least I can pick them up haha.

I don't run unless I'm being chased! I'm not some psychopath like @Mmaynard11 or @MarMill and let me tell you after I finally caught her I thought my heart might explode lol
I’ve been running less since being put on BP medication, but still try to run at least 2-3 miles. Today was one of my longer runs even though it was a slow slog running through humidity before the storms arrive.
IMG_3202.jpeg

LOL! Milo is so easily distracted too, any noise or person, dog, human, leaf, he needs to be up in all the business. This is why I have small dogs though, so at least I can pick them up haha.
Fortunately, my dog Roscoe is highly motivated by food. Mention the word cookie to him and I can get him to do anything. Walk a few feet away and say "Want a cookie?" and he comes running full speed.

Fortunately, my dog Roscoe is highly motivated by food. Mention the word cookie to him and I can get him to do anything. Walk a few feet away and say "Want a cookie?" and he comes running full speed.
Milo is also super food motivated....except on a walk it's like he becomes possessed by a demon haha.

I’ve been running less since being put on BP medication, but still try to run at least 2-3 miles. Today was one of my longer runs even though it was a slow slog running through humidity before the storms arrive.
View attachment 9265885
For some reason I thought you would have had decent BP just due to how much you actually do run.

Nothing like getting to NJ and going right to Urgent Care for this stupid infection.

View attachment 9265885
That's a good distance. I'm going to start running again shortly. My goal will be 3X a week for at least 30 minutes with a longer run 1X a week once I get into shape.

For some reason I thought you would have had decent BP just due to how much you actually do run.
Nope when I went in for a annual check up my provider was surprised I haven't had more complications. Prior to BP meds, my HR while running was up in the high 180's low 190's which is not good.

Nope when I went in for a annual check up my provider was surprised I haven't had more complications. Prior to BP meds, my HR while running was up in the high 180's low 190's which is not good.
Yea that's mine if I haven't worked out in a while. It's amazing how fast you lose endurance after how long it takes to build it up.

Nothing like getting to NJ and going right to Urgent Care for this stupid infection.
Okay that didnt take too long.
Doctor seen - Check
Prescription received - Check

No playing for me at Hidden Creek which is brutal of course, but thats okay. There to help the group.

Doctor seen - Check

No playing for me at Hidden Creek which is brutal of course, but thats okay. There to help the group.
Doctors orders? 😕

Doctor seen - Check

Hopefully a quick recovery with the prescription. Then rest that thing until September ;)

Doctor seen - Check

So there's a chance of JB vs @Koske singles the week after next?

There is.
Result will be the same though. Team JB wins.
Well, that's good news.

Our views on the result differ, but that's OK too.

Just bought a deli sandwich and a coke at the airport…for $20 😳

Just bought a deli sandwich and a coke at the airport…for $20 😳
I just would have bought a beer and called it a day.

You shouldnt have eaten.
I needed something, it’s why I went small don’t worry I will be hungry

I'm on BP meds now too. Mine was pretty high (like 150s/160s over 90s), but I never had any side effects and felt better then than I do now while taking the BP meds.

I'm on BP meds now too. Mine was pretty high (like 150s/160s over 90s), but I never had any side effects and felt better then than I do now while taking the BP meds.
I was right there with you…same numbers. I could run 5+ with little to no effort. Now I struggle running to the mailbox and back.

Doctor seen - Check

Hopefully it improves with some rest. This is a tough stretch with the number of events going on, and an elbow giving you problems.

Get well!

Back