The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I mean was the TEAM should get out in front of it, before the league. I would think the TEAM would discipline him before the league does.

And that may be the case. However if the league does not discipline the team over and above whatever they do, I will be surprised. This clown might have impacted future games, future plays, and future employment of an individual.

surreal audio and video of the Metrodome room collapsing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyLX2hY7E0

All the more reason football stadiums should not be domed.

And that's what, the fifth time they've had roof issues there? Think there might be a design flaw?

From wikipedia:

Five times in the stadium's history, heavy snows or other weather conditions have damaged the roof and caused it to deflate. On November 19, 1981, a rapid accumulation of over a foot of snow caused the roof to collapse, requiring it to be re-inflated. It deflated the following winter on December 30, 1982, again because of a tear caused by heavy snow. This was four days before the Vikings played the Dallas Cowboys in the last regular season game of the 1982 NFL season. In the spring following that same winter, on April 14, 1983, the Metrodome roof deflated because of a tear caused by a late-season heavy snow, and the scheduled Twins' game with the California Angels was postponed. On April 26, 1986, the Metrodome roof suffered a slight tear because of high winds, causing a nine-minute delay in the bottom of the seventh inning vs. the Angels.

Im confused as to why they chose that type of roof. Just doesnt make any sense considering the weather.

Im confused as to why they chose that type of roof. Just doesnt make any sense considering the weather.

I think they should have gone with a retractable roof, so they can open it up for winter home games and close it up for Super Bowls, concerts, any "inside" sports. Never really got the whole idea of giving up a big contribution to home field advantage by sticking a dome on a cold weather stadium.

the carrier dome in syracuse has the same type of roof

The streak is over, we'll see you down the road Favre! Great streak though!

wow, I kind of can't believe it. So if Jackson plays good and they win tonight, does he get another start?

wow, I kind of can't believe it. So if Jackson plays good and they win tonight, does he get another start?

I doubt it! Just another come back of Favre's, lol. Who know's, he may show up and start afterall, lol.

Woah, didnt realize he actually played in 321 straight games. The 297 was just in regular season games, 321 is playoff games to. Wow

Woah, didnt realize he actually played in 321 straight games. The 297 was just in regular season games, 321 is playoff games to. Wow

Whats the chances of anyone ever being able to accomplish such a thing? I don't think it will ever happen, but whats the odds?

Knowing Favre he will comeback and try to beat his streak again....... :D or at least try

Also, does anyone know what happened to the assistant for the jets! did they fire him?

Whats the chances of anyone ever being able to accomplish such a thing? I don't think it will ever happen, but whats the odds?

Well peyton is behind 92 games right now, but Im not sure if they count playoff games (they should) or not. He might be able to catch him but idk if the streak is only regular season games or playoff games to?

Also, does anyone know what happened to the assistant for the jets! did they fire him?

No. Disciplinary actions are being discussed right now.

Well peyton is behind 92 games right now, but Im not sure if they count playoff games (they should) or not. He might be able to catch him but idk if the streak is only regular season games or playoff games to?

Records are for regular season only. You'll notice they always add "including the post-season . . . "

They have post-season records, but you don't combine the two.

Records are for regular season only. You'll notice they always add "including the post-season . . . "

They have post-season records, but you don't combine the two.

ahhh ok, makes sense. Just thought the streak might have been different. Thank you for the info.

Jets stength and conditioning coach suspended without pay for the rest of the regular season and playoffs

Love him or hate him, Brett Favre is the toughest SOB to ever lace 'em up. Cheers, Brett, though I lost some of my love over the years, I enjoyed the hell out of watching you play. I saw a lot of those 297.

Kevin

Love him or hate him, Brett Favre is the toughest SOB to ever lace 'em up. Cheers, Brett, though I lost some of my love over the years, I enjoyed the hell out of watching you play. I saw a lot of those 297.

Kevin

Great post.

Yah poor Houston is getting throttled. The eagles.need to pick up Andre and have the best receiving corp ever!!

The Texans tackling...or lack thereof...has been terrible tonight. As to the Eagles getting Andre...they would then be a real threat.

Texas fan called it "Pick Six"! Lucky dog new it was there... great call!

Spoiler
Picksix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back