The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, its the Steve Smith Bowl!! I got Steve in this one. lol.

Did you see the pics of his ankle? That thing was funky! I think he will look better against other teams.

Probably around the time of the third game or hey, if he would have gone to training camp?? haha

Probably around the time of the third game or hey, if he would have gone to training camp?? haha

Amazing what a few weeks getting on the same page with your receivers can do, huh?

Didn't Favre miss most of training camp last year too? I don't think he needed time get on the same page. He didn't last year. He just looked tired in the second half.

Edit: By tired I mean old haha.

Didn't Favre miss most of training camp last year too? I don't think he needed time get on the same page. He didn't last year. He just looked tired in the second half.

Difference is last year he had Rice. He clicked with Rice very early. I dont see any receivers on that team that he is going to click with besides Shiancoe and dumping off to AP. Maybe Camarillo will be the guy a few weeks down the road. I think the Vikes will be pounding AP for the next few games.

Also yeah those pictures of Favre's ankle and thigh were gruesome. Looked like he had been beaten to death.

Difference is last year he had Rice. He clicked with Rice very early. I dont see any receivers on that team that he is going to click with besides Shiancoe and dumping off to AP. Maybe Camarillo will be the guy a few weeks down the road. I think the Vikes will be pounding AP for the next few games.

Also yeah those pictures of Favre's ankle and thigh were gruesome. Looked like he had been beaten to death.

He definitely missed Rice but even if Rice was out there, he was off target and just seemed really slow. There were doing pretty good in the first half and the second half he couldn't hit anything. I couldn't believe they abandoned the AP strategy so quick. He was looking a few steps from breaking a huge run.

Yeah I agree. I thought AP was going to have himself a game last night

I think the Raiders will be hard pressed to beat KC for last place this year! I still think KC edges them out, 4 wins for the Chiefs, 5 for the Raiders. They still have Al Davis running the show, and it IS Oakland!

The NFC West is even worse! The 49ers may win the division since there is no other talent within the division,b ut I don't see them doin anything else. They might get 2 or 3 wins outside the division.

I think the Raiders will be hard pressed to beat KC for last place this year! I still think KC edges them out, 4 wins for the Chiefs, 5 for the Raiders. They still have Al Davis running the show, and it IS Oakland!

The NFC West is even worse! The 49ers may win the division since there is no other talent within the division,b ut I don't see them doin anything else. They might get 2 or 3 wins outside the division.

Wow, I really disagree. Oakland's D is VERY good this year and they will run the ball well. No more JaFatA$$ means at least 2 more wins and I think they go 9-7 this year, and maybe even better.

i think Oakland will be respectable this year...their D is solid. Campbell should give them a solid QB. Also Cable is going in to part of his 3rd season as head coach. He may he rough, but there atleast is some stability with the coach now, which hasn't been the case since Gruden

Well, Vikings pretty much lived up to my expectations last night. Prediction: Favre will quit teary-eyed in a press conference sometime mid to late in the season when playoff hopes are dim. Any predictions in what week? I'm going with week 13.

NO has a few wrinkles to work out, but they played against a good defense last night, and made that defense look pitiful for a few drives. It was a good learning experience for them as a season opener.

Wow, I really disagree. Oakland's D is VERY good this year and they will run the ball well. No more JaFatA$$ means at least 2 more wins and I think they go 9-7 this year, and maybe even better.

Completely agree. Oakland is going to be good this year.

I'll wait to say theyre going to be good but I will say I think Oakland will be much improved. And that was just by getting rid of the worst number one overall pick of all time. Yup I think that pick was worse then the Ryan Leaf pick.

It's still Oakland and it's still Al Davis. He has screwed up the team for years and will continue to do so. I'll think that until they prove me wrong. Just because a team looks good on paper doesn't mean they will put it on the field. When all the teams are 0-0 everyone is a contender.

Except for the Bucs, Rams, Bills, and Chiefs (sorry Smalls)
It's still Oakland and it's still Al Davis. He has screwed up the team for years and will continue to do so. I'll think that until they prove me wrong. Just because a team looks good on paper doesn't mean they will put it on the field. When all the teams are 0-0 everyone is a contender.

Except for the Bucs, Rams, Bills, and Chiefs (sorry Smalls)

lmao. Way to bring the pain! The season hasnt even kicked off for those teams and thanks has already eliminated(thanks'ed) them lol

as the French say....le BOOM!
lmao. Way to bring the pain! The season hasnt even kicked off for those teams and thanks has already eliminated(thanks'ed) them lol

That's so true! And I already said the Chiefs would finish behind the Raiders (who will finish third!)

Exactly. The Raiders have been no strangers to having a bit of talent lingering around the locker room. It is disarray in the front office and the organization as a whole which is dragging them down. This is a team that people just don't enjoy playing for. Bench fillers go there as a last chance, rookies only stay until the end of their contract, and the Seymours get trapped by franchise tags. Add in an uncanny ability to draft poorly and make bad trades and I see more of the same for this year. I hate sounding morbid, but I think the Raider's rebirth is going to be delayed until Davis either passes on or becomes too sick to muck things up any more. But watch for a couple more big upsets like they pulled off last year.

Great stuff Esox. I especially liked the Raiders preview! hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back