The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chiefs are always tough against division opponents, and I NEVER bet against them at home regardless of how bad they are.

I make it a habit of not betting against any NFL team at home too often. I think the stats are something like 70% of matches are won by the home team. There are obvious exceptions though "cough...bills...cough" :D

Anyway, I'm happy my Bucs managed to get off to a good start. Give it another 3 years and we might be back in the playoffs ;)

50/50 chance the Jets lose Jenkins for the season. I think that will be a devastating loss for them. As for the Cowboys I am just speechless. Is it too early to start looking forward to hockey season?

Time for some more NFL ponderings. Are you kiddin me Dustin Keller? The game is on the line and you step out of bounds short of the first down. And it was 4th down. Dustin, heres a tractor, pull your head out bro. And the guy the Jets traded up to get Mark "Sanchise" has turned into the second coming of Brad Johnson, the human check down. Really, you draft a guy that high in the draft shouldnt he have enough skill to let him play? Lets look at his numbers: 10/21 74 yards. Welcome to the QuinZone. Its like Cleveland Browns '09 stuff. Sorry but "Sanchise" just isnt that good and was drafted way too high. Looks like the experts had these two teams confused, the Ravens are the team to beat.

Chiefs? Wow and again with a QB putting up QuinZone type of numbers but this team wins. Hell Smalls has already given up on the Chiefs and is looking forward to winter and posting stuff about strange shovels.

50/50 chance the Jets lose Jenkins for the season. I think that will be a devastating loss for them. As for the Cowboys I am just speechless. Is it too early to start looking forward to hockey season?

It would be a blow to them, but they still might have the best defence in the league without him. Now the offence is another matter. The announcers kept commenting that they should 'let Sanchez loose' to run the offense. Normally when choaches keep the reins on a young QB like that it is because he is struggling or has no weapons to work with. I'm interested to see if the Jets can open up against a less stingy defence.

Time for some more NFL ponderings. Are you kiddin me Dustin Keller? The game is on the line and you step out of bounds short of the first down. And it was 4th down. Dustin, heres a tractor, pull your head out bro. And the guy the Jets traded up to get Mark "Sanchise" has turned into the second coming of Brad Johnson, the human check down. Really, you draft a guy that high in the draft shouldnt he have enough skill to let him play? Lets look at his numbers: 10/21 74 yards. Welcome to the QuinZone. Its like Cleveland Browns '09 stuff. Sorry but "Sanchise" just isnt that good and was drafted way too high. Looks like the experts had these two teams confused, the Ravens are the team to beat.

Chiefs? Wow and again with a QB putting up QuinZone type of numbers but this team wins. Hell Smalls has already given up on the Chiefs and is looking forward to winter and posting stuff about strange shovels.

Its not a check down when in your mind thats option 1 before the play even starts! Ha! Another fine product of USC.

LMFAO!!!!

As THP's resident Jets fan...here are my thoughts on the game last night. Jets had all the turnovers and field position they could ever hope for and still only score 9 points? Shonn Greene looked like he was back in high school? O Line was horrible. too much pressure up the middle. The D played well (as usual) to keep the game close waiting for the offense to do soemthign but that never happened.
they were without Jenks for most of the year last year and their D didn't miss a beat. They'll blitz more against the run now

Total brain fart by DK. Disagree about Dirty Sanchez though. He's better than Brad johnson by a mile. He looked awful last night due to the pressure so he checked down way more than he should have but more because he had to. He couldn't throw down the field because plays weren't able to develop due to the pressure he was getting all night. Also, a lot of the 'check downs' were designed swing passes to the RB which is why they got rid of Jones and picked up LT 2.0. Jones could run but had hands of feet compared to LT who is nasty out of the backfield.
It would be a blow to them, but they still might have the best defence in the league without him. Now the offence is another matter. The announcers kept commenting that they should 'let Sanchez loose' to run the offense. Normally when choaches keep the reins on a young QB like that it is because he is struggling or has no weapons to work with. I'm interested to see if the Jets can open up against a less stingy defence.
Last night was a pure 'Mark, take care of the ball and we'll win this game' strategy and it didn't work.

Its not a check down when in your mind thats option 1 before the play even starts! Ha! Another fine product of USC.

See comment above about swing passes. Hey, all the USC guys can't be like OJ right?

Im going to be honest, I just dont think the talent is there with Dirty. Last night there was a huge difference in QB play. One could make the throws and one couldnt. They both had tons of pressure and got hit. But one looks like a poised QB with a bog arm and one looks like a guy who the Jets are scared to let make any throws down field.

Bingo. Sanchez is in final stage pull-ups and Flacco is wearing briefs already. Flacco is a lot more mobile than I thought he was for a big guy and definitely has the bigger arm.

Im going to be honest, I just dont think the talent is there with Dirty. Last night there was a huge difference in QB play. One could make the throws and one couldnt. They both had tons of pressure and got hit. But one looks like a poised QB with a bog arm and one looks like a guy who the Jets are scared to let make any throws down field.

Lets not get too negative on Sanchez. Flacco has a ton more weapons to throw to right now. Jets best receiver is Braylon Edwards for crying out loud. I think week 5 you will see a more wide open offense for the Jets.

Bingo. Sanchez is in final stage pull-ups and Flacco is wearing briefs already. Flacco is a lot more mobile than I thought he was for a big guy and definitely has the bigger arm.

True. Last night was just a battle. Great game to watch. But some really dumb plays and mistakes too. Like Flacco, dude get rid of the ball. You got a cannon where your arm should be, fire away. He got body rocked that first play after holding it too long.

Sanchez is probably the only QB that that thought Romo hitting Choice on a check down at the end of the half was a good play. That man loves to find those check down receivers

They better open it up before then. Edwards, Cotchery and Keller is plenty for him to play with until Holmes returns

Lets not get too negative on Sanchez. Flacco has a ton more weapons to throw to right now. Jets best receiver is Braylon Edwards for crying out loud. I think week 5 you will see a more wide open offense for the Jets.

I agree with you so far. But I have to say, that in the 1st half, Flacco looked just as bad. I have never seen a QB underthrow more wide open receivers than that.

Sanchez is probably the only QB that that thought Romo hitting Choice on a check down at the end of the half was a good play. That man loves to find those check down receivers

The defense was dictating that last night. I dont think of check down as much with Sanchez, but they were not giving up anything over the top. ANd that was without Ed Reed.

I disagree here. The Jets have the better oline, a really good TE in Keller, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery who is one of the most underrated WR's in play right now IMO lol. Braylon Edwards is not a bad WR to have either. He has weapons. His RB's are good too. I'm not going to say Greene is terrible after one bad game against a bad @ss defense. Sanchez didn't show much last night. Im not saying 300 yards passing but 70???? I'm not a fan of Sanchize. Doesn't mean he isn't good but he better start playing better because he has a lot of weapons.

I disagree here. The Jets have the better oline, a really good TE in Keller, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery who is one of the most underrated WR's in play right now IMO lol. Braylon Edwards is not a bad WR to have either. He has weapons. His RB's are good too. I'm not going to say Greene is terrible after one bad game against a bad @ss defense. Sanchez didn't show much last night. Im not saying 300 yards passing but 70???? I'm not a fan of Sanchize. Doesn't mean he isn't good but he better start playing better because he has a lot of weapons.

Braylon Edwards is a receiver? I thought he was the fry guy, because he clearly has grease all over his hands.

well, it's safe to say that the jets aren't the contenders that i thought they are. yes, their d is nasty but there's no doubt that the rookie db wilson and the new addition cromartie aren't revis. they committ way to many penalties and boldin made wilson look like a rookie! they better get some offense going b/c pittsburgh's d is gonna be tough, miami's d is gonna be tough. they proved nothing to me last night.

What about those Titans? Anyone else around here a Titans supporter?

Lol. Yeah I know the knock on him but IMO he does command attention and stretches the defense. I can think of a few teams that would love him as a WR.

Braylon Edwards is a receiver? I thought he was the fry guy, because he clearly has grease all over his hands.

couldn't disagree more. if you're basing it off of last night's gasme only then yes. By the same token, give the MVP award to Vick or Arian Foster then too. Well Wilson is a rookie lol/ Wilson played ok and the Ravens burned him when they got the Boldin matchup. Revis was not shadowing Boldin like he normally would because that was really his first long term physical activity since January? Cromartie isn't Revis but who is? He played well I thought as a whole.
well, it's safe to say that the jets aren't the contenders that i thought they are. yes, their d is nasty but there's no doubt that the rookie db wilson and the new addition cromartie aren't revis. they committ way to many penalties and boldin made wilson look like a rookie! they better get some offense going b/c pittsburgh's d is gonna be tough, miami's d is gonna be tough. they proved nothing to me last night.

what about CJ? dude's nasty!

He likes Gold.

Lol. Yeah I know the knock on him but IMO he does command attention and stretches the defense. I can think of a few teams that would love him as a WR.

You are making the assumption again, that he is a WR. And I cannot think of very many that want a guy that is fast, tall, is owed lots of money, and can't catch.

Jets don't have Santonio till week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back