The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell her that they could put a big factory on the golf course and that would be a billion times worse for the environment than a golf course that is for the most part all green.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

Is this a serious post?

I'm not sure what to do at this point. My wife hates golf, and I love/need golf for my sanity. There has to be a compromise somewhere but I'm at a loss to find it.
Does she hate the sport, or hate that you are away?
She does. She hates what golf courses do to the environment and stuff, LOL

I feel for ya breezy, that's a tough one.
Really? As in, the cutting down of trees?

Sorry to hear it, Breezy. There's no easy answer for that one.

That and the fact that most places litter ground water with pesticides and fertilizers. Around here you have to understand that a lot of courses are carved out into mountain sides. Where does all that run off go? How do you get in there to build? Tons of removal and waste. At least, that's her argument.

That and the fact that most places litter ground water with pesticides and fertilizers. Around here you have to understand that a lot of courses are carved out into mountain sides. Where does all that run off go? How do you get in there to build? Tons of removal and waste. At least, that's her argument.

Does she drive an electric car or hybrid?

breeze i feel for you bro.... its one reason i might never get married. i NEED golf its my stress relief from everything especially all the messed up stuff i see at work. and most people just can't understand that. its cost me quite a few relationships. Hope you guys can find a compromise.

Does she drive an electric car or hybrid?

No. We have two kids and a dog. We don't all fit in a Prius. I know where you're going with this. She's a Natural Resource major with an emphasis on forestry. It is what it is and I don't particularly want to get into about how you think she's some sort of fraud.

My best friend divorced his wife about six years ago because she was crazy and put him $150K in debt. She hated golf and claims she divorced him because he played golf all the time. He and I played once a week at most. Then as his girls got older, they are close friends with my daughter as they have grown up together, they would take no interest in the game because their mother tells them golf led to the divorce. So now he rarely plays, and he and I have not played together in over two years. We could be doing golf vacations together if his wife would have not been crazy about money and embraced the game. I'd like to throw her in a prison yard full of zombies.

I hope you guys can figure it out. I'm lucky to have a wife and kid that both love the game. Definitely get those kids involved when old enough, then maybe even the ladies might take an interest. It's a tough thing to deal with, I know.

Kevin

Is this a serious post?

Not really. A course is better than a factory but the chemicals certainly aren't good.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

She hates that I'm away for "5 hours, I mean what else takes 5 hours?!?!?!?!?!"
Sorry to hear it, Breezy. There's no easy answer for that one.
No there isn't Hawkster, and I've been fighting this battle for so long that I'm tired of it. I call uncle.

breeze i feel for you bro.... its one reason i might never get married. i NEED golf its my stress relief from everything especially all the messed up stuff i see at work. and most people just can't understand that. its cost me quite a few relationships. Hope you guys can find a compromise.

Like most, its a point of contention in my household. I would love to play every day but sadly I cannot. I made a deal that I could play 9 holes every week after work 1 day. I can occasionally get in 18 on the weekends as well but a guaranteed 9 a week is nice and not too much time away from the family.

Not really. A course is better than a factory but the chemicals certainly aren't good.

What do the two have anything to do with each other? TC makes a valid point, especially in the area in which he lives. I can see why it would bother someone like it does Erin

No. We have two kids and a dog. We don't all fit in a Prius. I know where you're going with this. She's a Natural Resource major with an emphasis on forestry. It is what it is and I don't particularly want to get into about how you think she's some sort of fraud.

I would never say anything like that man. I was just curious. I am not an environmentalist at all man. Sorry if it came off that way.

What do the two have anything to do with each other? TC makes a valid point, especially in the area in which he lives. I can see why it would bother someone like it does Erin

It's a very valid point. And I was simply making a point that there could be worse things than a golf course on the land.

I think you are being a big man Breeze. Golf is something you do to enjoy, but love is one of the only things worth living for.

She hates that I'm away for "5 hours, I mean what else takes 5 hours?!?!?!?!?!"

I hate having 5 hour rounds too. I wish I could always play JB 2 hour rounds. I think we would get in a lot less trouble for this amount of time away.

I think you are being a big man Breeze. Golf is something you do to enjoy, but love is one of the only things worth living for.

This is a good point. Hopefully Breezy can find a balance. It is a tough tough thing

Breezy, maybe as compromise try to cut it back to 9 holes for a little while? I think cutting it out completely is just going to frustrate you and may cause resentment.

I hate having 5 hour rounds too. I wish I could always play JB 2 hour rounds. I think we would get in a lot less trouble for this amount of time away.

Add in the fact many courses are 20-30 mins away (from me at least). My wife doesnt love it, but knows it could be worse. I am sure that will change when ddxu jr comes along in january.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back