The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll second JB on Excedrin Migraine. It works better than anything I have found. When I sat at a desk, staring at a computer screen for 9 hours, I would get headaches so bad, I would have to wear my sunglasses too. Try the Excedrin, but if the headaches continue, I would schedule a Docs appointment. It's usually something as simple as sinus blockage which can be fixed with a daily nasal mist or something. Better to get it checked out if they continue.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Yeah Ghost. You and I have spoken about it before. We both like our golf shoes, and the LCs just wreak of comfort.

haha think we've been trying to get people on the LC train for a while now it seems.

Long day ahead... Catch ya dude around lunchtime.

Does the reality of life ever hit anyone like a ton of bricks? I am interning full time and taking classes so I am busy as heck, but I just realized in May I will be done with college forever and then I have to start life.. I don't know if I am happy, sad, or scared

TapaTalk from the iPhone

My rant is that I want to live some where I can play golf all year round. I got to play last weekend and didn't have to bundle up like the Michelin man, thats a treat for me where I live.
You can Canadan need to gas up the family truckster and head to Sarasota on the 29th for some golf.

Driving buddy? GregDan, let's roll!!!

Does the reality of life ever hit anyone like a ton of bricks? I am interning full time and taking classes so I am busy as heck, but I just realized in May I will be done with college forever and then I have to start life.. I don't know if I am happy, sad, or scared

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Maybe a little of all of them? You'll do just fine buddy.

Most definitely. I've been in the post-school workforce for almost a year. I like it and all, but I just miss the free time that I had. Now I get home from work and I don't feel like doing anything. I loved being in school, I just hated the schoolwork. I can afford my golf habit now, but I have less time to spend golfing. I'm ready for retirement!

You could just be a professional college student. I graduated with people in 1999, that haven't stopped going to college since, and still have no idea what they want to be when they grow up or what they just spent the last 14 years working towards.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

You could just be a professional college student. I graduated with people in 1999, that haven't stopped going to college since, and still have no idea what they want to be when they grow up or what they just spent the last 14 years working towards.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Haha as much as I like that idea, I wont be going to parties and stuff as a 30 year old, and all of my friends will be gone. I am just ranting for the sake of ranting, but it just is starting to feel more and more real

For the Arrested Development fans

tumblr_lwhmv3RTWT1qi696mo1_500.png

Haha as much as I like that idea, I wont be going to parties and stuff as a 30 year old, and all of my friends will be gone. I am just ranting for the sake of ranting, but it just is starting to feel more and more real

Yeah. I was an id-jit and partied my way out of school a year into it and have been working and on my own since, so I have no idea what your going through. I'm sure it's a pretty big adjustment though.

I'll second JB on Excedrin Migraine. It works better than anything I have found. When I sat at a desk, staring at a computer screen for 9 hours, I would get headaches so bad, I would have to wear my sunglasses too. Try the Excedrin, but if the headaches continue, I would schedule a Docs appointment. It's usually something as simple as sinus blockage which can be fixed with a daily nasal mist or something. Better to get it checked out if they continue.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Oh I've been to the doctors office. It's a stress headache. There is just no way to destress. My job is what it is. I love it but it is stressful. Plus the staring at the computer monitor kills my eyes. They become unfocused(need glasses) and this takes the head to level 11!

Scheduling a meeting and people don't send an acceptance or decline.

Go to kickoff meeting with the presumption that they will be there and they don't dial into a meeting.

Jacka$$es are in London and it is hard enough finding time during the respective workdays that people are supposedly available.

Respect others time and freaking decline if you can't make it. Now I get to reschedule and go through the crap again.

Oh I've been to the doctors office. It's a stress headache. There is just no way to destress. My job is what it is. I love it but it is stressful. Plus the staring at the computer monitor kills my eyes. They become unfocused(need glasses) and this takes the head to level 11!

Ah. Well, at least you know it's not something major and is something that with a few modifications here and there, you can get under control. Glasses for the constant computer gazing is an easy fix. But like War said, a little daily exercise can do wonders to lower the stress, in addition to eating better as you said you needed to do. Headaches suck, dude. Especially when you are stuck at work and nothing seems to make them go away.

Just found out my son and his friend went to Top Golf last night and his friend broke my driver:angry:

Awww yaaaa. Those conversations where Dad's get to let off a little steam about how much stuff costs, who's going to pay for it, the money tree in the backyard, etc. And, the kids just kinda stare at the ground and shuffle their feet.

Its just weird to think about having to leave college behind.. It has gone so freaking fast dude

Just wait until you are out in the workforce, you won't know where the time went. Enjoy your last semester best you can, the real world will always be there for you.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I have a long time left in college, but I feel the same way. I love college and want to stay like this forever, but thinking about having my own life and job is awesome.

:wavey:

Cold up there?

Not terrible, but could be so much better...

You can Canadan need to gas up the family truckster and head to Sarasota on the 29th for some golf.

Thought about it, I do have nothing planned as of yet...

You may have heard of this place called Flo-rida, year around I tell ya, palms tees and warm breezes

I might have heard of something about that place.... Warm weather, sun, and golf all year. Then I wake up.

you and me both man!

We should work on this...if only I could make it work. Haha

I've had enough of the Christmas music coming across Pandora this morning. Not even on a Christmas station. Stop it Pandora. Stop it.

I've got to throw out a rant I have had many times.

Please hit the "Enter" key a couple of times every few sentences. One solid block of type is very difficult to read, especially when you don't use capital letters. I started reading one such post and I had to give up. Sounded like it was going to be a good read, too.

Please hit the "Enter" key a couple of times every few sentences. One solid block of type is very difficult to read, especially when you don't use capital letters. I started reading one such post and I had to give up. Sounded like it was going to be a good read, too.

haha I wish I could rep this dude. SOOO true!

Haaaaaaahahahaha! This is why I break my novellas up as much as I can, makes it easy on the eyes and therefore people are more inclined to read it!

angry mod strikes again hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back