The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else had back pain from running on a treadmill? That's really the only thing not going great on the weight loss journey. If it would warm up just a tad outside, I would run out there, but I hate running when it's cold. However, when I run on the treadmill, after about 15-20 minutes, my lower back starts feeling extremely tight. I went to the chiropractor today, and it may have helped a little, but it's still getting tight the longer I run. I hope to try to get outside sometime this weekend and see how it goes out there.

Never had this exact issue, but I have noticed a different running form on the treadmill. Running outside, I'm more on the balls of my feet. Maybe this is your issue on the treadmill? You don't want land heavily on your heel. I could see that causing back pain.

If you think that might be the case, just focus on landing on arch of your foot (heel and ball simultaneously) on every stride.

Last night GG and I had a business dinner and were both able to keep it sensible with no issues. Today we are having a wonderful dinner with pork tenderloin that is very low cal so we are half way through week 1 and cruising along. Looking forward to seeing how the goal is coming along.

Last night GG and I had a business dinner and were both able to keep it sensible with no issues. Today we are having a wonderful dinner with pork tenderloin that is very low cal so we are half way through week 1 and cruising along. Looking forward to seeing how the goal is coming along.
For me that is the toughest time. Dinner out, or on the road is a killer. Specifically early in the diet/transformation. I'm not sure if its will power or what.

I haven't gotten any back pain when running but I don't use a treadmill. My lower back was getting really sore out of the blue for the first few weeks of my exercise plan and still occasionally now, usually when I really push the cardio. I can't really think why running on a treadmill would cause back pain. Did you ask the chiropractor about it?

I didn't tell him it was from the treadmill, but I did say my back was getting really tight while running. He didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary. Last summer, however, I go to where I was running 4-5 miles a day and my back never bothered me and all my running was outside. Now that I'm trying to get back into it, all I've done is a treadmill and it's hurting just about every run.

Of course we need to have doughnuts the day before Good Friday for some random reason. Gonna sit this one out!

They do look good, not gonna lie

Breakfast! Cereal has 140 calories, 13g protein and 10g fiber per cup and milk has 35 calories per cup. Wish I had strawberries instead of banana.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364472971.771148.jpg

Typing away using Tapatalk!

I had some oatmeal this morning. Forgot how full this stuff makes you. With some fruit it came right in around 250 calories.. A great way to start the morning

I am so proud of us for eating so sensibly last night, we had sushi, and JB ate mostly raw fish and then we split 3 rolls but we only ended up eating about 1 roll each and we had nothing fried, no mayo and no cream cheese In fact I only ate 4 pieces of sushi and a ginger salad and I was stuffed! Who knew ginger salads were so healthy? Not this girl, but I was excited to find that out, because it was delicious and nutritious.

I did a Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown DVD this morning and it was awesome! I highly recommend it, I know people will think it's just for women, but give it a try and then tell me what you think. She incorporates yoga with strength training to give you one intense workout. I really enjoyed this one.

I am off to make some oatmeal, I really need to get to the store and buy some more fruit, especially berries because I would love to add those to my oatmeal.

I am so proud of us for eating so sensibly last night, we had sushi, and JB ate mostly raw fish and then we split 3 rolls but we only ended up eating about 1 roll each and we had nothing fried, no mayo and no cream cheese In fact I only ate 4 pieces of sushi and a ginger salad and I was stuffed! Who knew ginger salads were so healthy? Not this girl, but I was excited to find that out, because it was delicious and nutritious.

I did a Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown DVD this morning and it was awesome! I highly recommend it, I know people will think it's just for women, but give it a try and then tell me what you think. She incorporates yoga with strength training to give you one intense workout. I really enjoyed this one.

I am off to make some oatmeal, I really need to get to the store and buy some more fruit, especially berries because I would love to add those to my oatmeal.

Ya I added some raspberries to mine this morning and they were delicious. I am stuffed right now and for very little calories

I just posted the recipe and info in the recipe thread, but tonight we are having Maple-Chili Glazed Pork Tenderloin Medallions. So healthy and looks to be absolutely delicious. Pretty excited about it.

Based on our last chicken dish we did (sliders) and it was phenomenal, we have high expectations.

I just posted the recipe and info in the recipe thread, but tonight we are having Maple-Chili Glazed Pork Tenderloin Medallions. So healthy and looks to be absolutely delicious. Pretty excited about it.

Based on our last chicken dish we did (sliders) and it was phenomenal, we have high expectations.

I believe we are having some version of pork tenderloin as well this evening, I'll have to check with the Master Chef and see exactly what is is

It was fate us talking about the yoga dvd this morning. I got an email with $3 off any exercise DVD from target. There may be a trip there in my future.

I didn't tell him it was from the treadmill, but I did say my back was getting really tight while running. He didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary. Last summer, however, I go to where I was running 4-5 miles a day and my back never bothered me and all my running was outside. Now that I'm trying to get back into it, all I've done is a treadmill and it's hurting just about every run.

Since the chiropractor doesn't think it's out of the ordinary and it sounds like it's more back muscles tightness I wouldn't worry about it unless it is still hurting after a week or two of getting back into it. Hopefully it clears up pretty fast.

I would totally give that a shot, I think the flexibility and workout that would come from it would be huge for a golf swing.

Have you seen the Bob Harper Yoga Video? He had a series out about 2 yrs ago that has a good yoga video with it. Its a pretty good workout. This one. http://www.amazon.com/Bob-Harper-Warrior-Darren-Capik/dp/B00429C1VQ

I posted it in the fitness thread but thought I would share it here also. For people that enjoy salt there is a healthier alternative. Celtic sea salt. My friend/trainer recently suggested it to me. It was a little hard to find and a little expensive ($13 for a bag) but it should last a while. Here is a link to the benefits as I couldnt possibly explain it properly myself: http://www.celticseasalt.com/Dr-Recommended-Sea-Salt-W280C549.aspx

Lunch was an organic PB and honey sandwich on whole wheat, carrots, and an apple.

Been playing around with the myfittnessapp down to a diet of 2200 or so.

Going food shopping tonight

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Have you seen the Bob Harper Yoga Video? He had a series out about 2 yrs ago that has a good yoga video with it. Its a pretty good workout. This one. http://www.amazon.com/Bob-Harper-Warrior-Darren-Capik/dp/B00429C1VQ

I have not seen this but I will check it out, thanks!

Lunch was an organic PB and honey sandwich on whole wheat, carrots, and an apple.

I have never heard of a peanut butter and honey sandwich but it sounds delicious

I have not seen this but I will check it out, thanks!

I have never heard of a peanut butter and honey sandwich but it sounds delicious

That is by far my favorite sandwhich, I just haven't ever figured out a good healthy alternative, PBJ or PBH are always buy guilty pleasure!!!

2 full hours of hockey without subs. According to my monitor I put in my skates, I burned 1794 calories on the ice today....And it feels like it, my weigh in from before to after the skate, I lost about 2 pounds from just the skate. So far, my intake has been gatorade and a homemade turkey sandwich, but instead of bread, wrapped it in lettuce.

Dan

2 full hours of hockey without subs. According to my monitor I put in my skates, I burned 1794 calories on the ice today....And it feels like it, my weigh in from before to after the skate, I lost about 2 pounds from just the skate. So far, my intake has been gatorade and a homemade turkey sandwich, but instead of bread, wrapped it in lettuce.

Dan

You're killing it Dan! Wish I could play hockey more than once a week. Burns a bunch of calories.

You're killing it Dan! Wish I could play hockey more than once a week. Burns a bunch of calories.

I'm going for 3 days/week on the ice, and 3 days/week in the gym. I take Sunday off. Hockey is an amazing work out like no other, good competition, and a great fat burner, not to mention increasing your endurance. I absolutely despise running because of the wear on my knees, but I can go on the ice for hours on end without any issues.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back