The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Certainly not, but there is a correlation.
I have to disagree here, hdcp most def has a correlation on the ability to hit certain shots...IMO

I dont think its a shot type more or less the ability to keep a ball in play. Thats the correlation I see.
I think it's both, a high hdcp golfer has one maybe two shots in the bag, mid handicap a few more....etc....IMO

I have to disagree here, hdcp most def has a correlation on the ability to hit certain shots...IMO

I think it's both, a high hdcp golfer has one maybe two shots in the bag, mid handicap a few more....etc....IMO

I think you have a good point (with quantity) but its not to say a 20 handicapper couldnt hit a stinger better than a 2 handicapper. Some shots fall easier to others imo.

Right ^

I see the correlation as being between the number of and quality of shot types. Example: a 15 cap might be able to hit a fade, but a +2 might be able to hit variations of fades and do so with greater consistency, which to Yoccos point keeps the ball in play and just as importantly, increases scoring opportunities.

I didn't mean to imply anything is impossible but I wouldn't suggest anyone that is a double digit handicap go out and try to start learning a stinger as I see that as an "advanced" shot, for lack of a better term.

I think you have a good point (with quantity) but its not to say a 20 handicapper couldnt hit a stinger better than a 2 handicapper. Some shots fall easier to others imo.
That is correct some shots are just easier to some and any level golfer can learn to hit a certain shot or shots.
Right ^

I see the correlation as being between the number of and quality of shot types. Example: a 15 cap might be able to hit a fade, but a +2 might be able to hit variations of fades and do so with greater consistency, which to Yoccos point keeps the ball in play and just as importantly, increases scoring opportunities.

I didn't mean to imply anything is impossible but I wouldn't suggest anyone that is a double digit handicap go out and try to start learning a stinger as I see that as an "advanced" shot, for lack of a better term.
Nothing is impossible, you just have to believe...hehe

Right ^

Point taken because I know if I tried to learn anything other than, dont put the ball too far offline of my normal shot I'd be in trouble lol.

That is correct some shots are just easier to some and any level golfer can learn to hit a certain shot or shots.

Nothing is impossible, you just have to believe...hehe

HAHA. You know whats funny though, is I looked back on some of my comments towards Sean Foley and realized how dumb they were. This man maybe onto something with Tigre.

HAHA. You know whats funny though, is I looked back on some of my comments towards Sean Foley and realized how dumb they were. This man maybe onto something with Tigre.

I like this spelling. I think I am going to start calling him Tygre kind of like how the Euros spell tyre.

3 of his students have won in the past 7 tournaments, pretty good results.

I may have said some crap about Foley too, but now I think Foley >*∞ Hank Haney

3 of his students have won in the past 7 tournaments, pretty good results.

And they weren't tiny little torunaments either.

Tiger is a good golfer. Always has been. The fact that he now has renewed confidence in a go to shot has to scare a lot of players on tour.

I hit my irons like a single digit handicap, drive the ball like a mid handicap and putt like a 4 year old girl. So many things go into a person's handicap.

Unfortunately I can relate. I hit almost every fairway in my last round, hit a couple of extremely lengthy putts, and had a relatively solid day around the greens. I also managed to hit less than 5 GIR's. My iron play was horrific.

And they weren't tiny little torunaments either.

Tiger is a good golfer. Always has been. The fact that he now has renewed confidence in a go to shot has to scare a lot of players on tour.

This and the fact that putting with confidence is huge. To finally get the 1st win and to beat a solid field by 5 will definitely give him some momentum

If you look at Tiger's stats from the weekend, 4th in putting and near the top in GIRs and total driving, he put together a very solid weekend.

If Tiger can keep it together it's possible he becomes this year's PGA version of Yani Tseng.

Kevin

Haney is such a doucher dude. He's on Sportscenter trying to act like his book is a friggin book about golf. He says the title is in reference to missing putts or missing the fairway....what kind of a fool does he take me for? Does he even coach pro golfers anymore? D bags like Haney suck man.

If Tiger can keep it together it's possible he becomes this year's PGA version of Yani Tseng.

Kevin

I thought Yani was struggling

Well obviously handicap determines what shot a person can or can't hit.
That's what some keep preaching.

I hit the stinger with a SW. I can get it to go about 130 yards. That's right, I'm that good
I hit a stinger 54* today. Not 130 yards, but about 50 yards farther than intended.

All this time I was a stinger master! I've been calling them skulled shots!

So, I won't lie. I ended up reversing the cancelling of Hanks book on my kindle. I often wake up in the middle of the night and reading helps me go back to sleep, so when I saw it had been delivered to my kindle I figured I'd read through the first couple pages to see how it was and then pass back out. Well, I ended up reading through the first 4 chapters. I won't give my opinions yet and give you guys a chance to get through some of it, but I'll just say it's very interesting. It's what I thought it was going to be in some ways, and in some ways it's different. Let's just say Hank talks about himself quite a bit.

I'm really glad tiger was able to pull through under Foleys swing. I like Foley alot, have for a long time, and I was hoping he wouldn't come out looking like a failure.

How do I do that. Just read 130 pages of it. I never ever read!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Go download SharePod from download.com. You will have to search for it. You can look through the files on your iPad in the SharePod user interface and then choose to save the book's file(s) to your hard drive. Specify where you want to save the file. Once you save this file, zip it up and then you can put it out on the internet or email it to me and I will put it out there for all the THP'ers to read who don't want to give Hank their money.

Back