The Putter Thread - Show Your Gear Off

On the hopeful theory that there are no dumb questions--

What's the big deal about Scotty Cameron putters? Why are they a religious experience? The copper one is pretty, but that's the copper.

We will have a feature article coming up soon on the front page about this very subject.

We will have a feature article coming up soon on the front page about this very subject.

Great I'll be looking forward to that one for sure.

On the hopeful theory that there are no dumb questions--

What's the big deal about Scotty Cameron putters? Why are they a religious experience? The copper one is pretty, but that's the copper.

I'll be writing an article about that exact subject this week... it is definitely a loaded subject

Here are the stock photos, I'll get pics of the actually putters later today.

Cameron Red X5

REDX5.jpg

Cameron Circa '62 #2

Circa62_2.jpg

Yes! Tiffany

tiffany_large.jpg

you should send that circa 62 #2 for a refinish... maybe a copper or a dark oil, lots of options

here's a little friend from the collection... rarely see's the course but is great on lightning quick greens

Yonex Super ADX Forged Blade - Phil Mickelson Model ... graphite shaft

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

DD...better send that head to LaMont asap. He has a head of mine to finish similar to yours.

Good to see your iMac in the background also. Very nice.

Back on topic, my putter is a Wilson Staff Kirk Currie IV

KirkCurrieIV.jpg

Last edited:
DD...better send that head to LaMont asap. He has a head of mine to finish similar to yours.

what are you having applied? I wanted to have it de-chromed and then have a copper plate added but I'm having a hard time finding someone to do it

what are you having applied? I wanted to have it de-chromed and then have a copper plate added but I'm having a hard time finding someone to do it

DD - Try a search for Electroplating services in your area. It's getting harder to come by nowadays, it's expensive for them to remain EPA compliant. I had to send my last batch of car parts to an outfit in Arizona last year for chrome plating.

Check the Aerospace industry, they'll use copper plating for an underlayment (and finish layer sometimes) on certain parts.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: JB
DD--Dad and I just went thorugh my bag, and I mentioned how pretty the Scotty copper putter is. Just showed him yours, and he agrees. I'm still lusting after it, and I don't even use a blade.

Looking at it again, I realized you have your name on the thing. Duh. Since when it Duarte Irish?? The Duartes who live up the street from me are from the Dominican Republic.

my baby

tracy2-beauty.jpg

I have a Yes! Tiffany 34". I am okay with it now, but was disapointed when I read 35" on ebay and It measured to be 34" the C-groove Spot is smaller than most of the Yes Putters. I do like it though.

I was about to buy a TM Rossa Imola 8 but the deal fell through.

DD--Dad and I just went thorugh my bag, and I mentioned how pretty the Scotty copper putter is. Just showed him yours, and he agrees. I'm still lusting after it, and I don't even use a blade.

Looking at it again, I realized you have your name on the thing. Duh. Since when it Duarte Irish?? The Duartes who live up the street from me are from the Dominican Republic.

my dad is from Venezuela, mom is first generation Irish - American...

I got my mom's genes

Contact Lamont for a quote. He can do all of this for you. [email protected] is his e-mail address.

sunset... welcome to THP! I have seen your work over at PT and your putters are impressive!

DD,
We are working with Sunset and based on the numerous emails we have received from readers on the main site we are hoping to review some of his putters soon. I know you are one of the people that requested we review them.

sunset... welcome to THP! I have seen your work over at PT and your putters are impressive!

Thanks, I am talking to Josh via e-mail to see about setting something up here.

Honestly though when I started my company I talked to a couple different finishers to decide who to use and Lamont is top notch and can do about anything.

Thanks, I am talking to Josh via e-mail to see about setting something up here.

Honestly though when I started my company I talked to a couple different finishers to decide who to use and Lamont is top notch and can do about anything.

Glad to see you've made your way over here and are working things out with Josh. I can't express how much I value the craftsmanship that goes into your work... tired of everything in our society being mass produced with low quality

Glad to see you've made your way over here and are working things out with Josh. I can't express how much I value the craftsmanship that goes into your work... tired of everything in our society being mass produced with low quality

All of our putters see hand work, some more than others. My production runs are only 25 at a time and on the Yaupon and Surfside many of our hosels are hand made. We DO NOT engrave(few exceptions) because we do not make OTR bang them out mass production putters, or want our putters to look that way. Our custom putters take 3-4 weeks to create to order are 100% handstamped and paintilled, length, loft, lie, and weight are done to order.

There are other "custom" putter makers that only do custom handstamps and everything else comes out of a factory and charge as much and in some cases more than we do. To get the level of customization you get from us from someone else you would pay well over 100.00 more. There are some that charge the same or a little more than us that are not even truly a putter maker. They did not personally design their heads and they come only one way, no hosel options only a couple of standard weights to choose from.

I truly made this company to offer a putter that others would charge you 400.00 for and offer it at a substantially lower price.

Thanks for the kind words, it is really nice to hear that someone appreciates the company and what our mission was to bring to the people.

I completely agree with your price point...

I went back and forth with company "x" drawing up some designs, hosel options, finishes, what not etc etc etc

anyways, they came back with a 800 dollar estimate... the putter is handmade but it was really more of a test to see how everyone compares their work. you are spot on and I'm glad that, as a staff writer here at THP, your company will gain some exposure and you'll essentially help someone find that one putter that fits them just right.

Well this is my baby:
5e05_1.jpg

52b4_1.jpg

5614_1.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the face, but there's the most beautiful little milling pattern, which looks kinda like wood grain. I haven't had any work done on it as yet (it sdoesn't need it, I think).

Apparently this belonged to a Nationwide Tour player before the guy before me... Don't know whether its true or not, but I don't care because it feels good and rolls the ball well.

By the way. I love your TeI3, DD!

Thanks man... wait till you see my latest project! I am having a Scotty Circa 62 Number 5 (mid mallet) refinished with the same copper plate... going to be sick!

We are waiting DD. I am waiting to eventually have my custom THP putter to show off. But my GEL is going quite nice right now. And it is PURDY

We are waiting DD. I am waiting to eventually have my custom THP putter to show off. But my GEL is going quite nice right now. And it is PURDY

you should have the following slogan stamped on the bumbers...

"Three Putting" --------------- "Since 2008"

Back