The Ringer II Golf Shoe by Travis Mathew

hadi05

Just happy to be here! Also Bald...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
15ish
I wanted a new pair of spiked golf shoes to replace my old ones. I was looking for something comfortable, water proof, breathable and kept me connected to the ground for those dew sweeping mornings. That’s a lot to accomplish. The Ringer II fit the bill for me. The water proof design, sweetspot cushioning system, air mesh lining system and the new Tour Flex Pro soft spikes will help me accomplish my goals and keep me comfortable while walking 18.

I can tell you that these have an athletic fit, but a nice toe box. The heel design keeps my foot from slipping as well. I can’t wait to put these in play this year. I went with black in size 13. I’ll provide more feedback as I get rounds in them.

The Ringer II by TM

IMG_1391.jpeg
IMG_1393.jpeg
IMG_1394.jpeg
IMG_1395.jpeg

I so wish those were all black.

I’m a little nervous about the white mid sole, but Mr Clean Magic Eraser should do the trick!

For a relatively "plain" shoe, they've managed to make it look really good.

For a relatively "plain" shoe, they've managed to make it look really good.
Pictures really don’t do them justice. Lots of little details. I like the clean look honestly. I know it’s not everybody’s taste.

I’m a little nervous about the white mid sole, but Mr Clean Magic Eraser should do the trick!
Magic erasers are the easiest way to clean any white on a shoe. It’s almost cheating.

Magic erasers are the easiest way to clean any white on a shoe. It’s almost cheating.

I agree! That’s why I’m not so worried about it.

They look good. Interested in hearing how they do after walking 18.

If they'd been a little earlier to the party I'd have the white and blue. I liked my last Ringers and Cuater Luxe a lot. So they'll probably still happen at some point. They look good.

If they'd been a little earlier to the party I'd have the white and blue. I liked my last Ringers and Cuater Luxe a lot. So they'll probably still happen at some point. They look good.

They do look good. They feel good too! I’m hoping for a range session today to see how the spikes do in turf.

They do look good. They feel good too! I’m hoping for a range session today to see how the spikes do in turf.
I'm sure they'll be great. Both their spikeless pattern and spikes are, so these are surely a winner.

Very sweet, enjoy

I'm sure they'll be great. Both their spikeless pattern and spikes are, so these are surely a winner.

I’m interested in the spikes. They talked about them in some detail online.

The spikeless shoes are legit, just not waterproof.

I’m interested in the spikes. They talked about them in some detail online.

The spikeless shoes are legit, just not waterproof.
The Luxe were and I really like my pair. Kind of best of both worlds.

Yeah these will definitely happen at some point. Travis Mathew is practically on autopay. 😆

I've got 3 sets of shoes that have white mid sole and I just clean them after every round. They look practically brand new and I've had them for over a year.

I used these shoes on the range today and they are ridiculously comfortable (for me at least). I liked the way they felt throughout the swing. I wish I knew more about the "three degrees of traction" in their description of the spikes. Some spiked shoes you kind of feel like you are rocking on the spikes. Not these. The weight transfer from one foot to the other was nice and the follow through felt very stable. I am impressed with how well these shoes will help with stability for me. I am certain there was a lot of thought put into the spikes, how many the shoe should have and where they are placed.

One thing that might not be for everybody is the back ankle support. It is a little higher on the very back. It's almost like it cups your heel and locks it in. I might have to wear different socks on the course. However, I feel it adds to the stability of the shoe.

Interesting how these are now Travis Mathew branded and not Cuater.

I wonder if they got the sizing sorted out. First version of The Ringer had a famous 1/2 size known issue... in that you had to buy bigger than you needed.

Last edited:
That's a good looking shoe.

I'm guessing @xThor should be by shortly to talk these up

Interesting how these are now Travis Mathew branded and not Cuater.

I wonder if they got the sizing sorted out. First version of The Ringer had a famous 1/2 size known issue... in that you had to buy bigger than you needed.

I can’t really comment on why the brand change occurred. I have my opinion on it. I think these still run a little snug, but not terrible. I can tell you I’ve bought many shoes throughout the years and not all brands shoes fit the same for the size listed.

That's a good looking shoe.

I'm guessing @xThor should be by shortly to talk these up

They are! Their price point isn’t bad for a spiked shoes. I was able to take advantage of a 20% off for registering so that helped the price of these and the Daily Pro Hybrid a lot!

looking forward to seeing more colorways. Black on white doesn't do a ton for me (read: my complexion).

😂 you could still rock them. What about white?!

Back