The Royal Wedding

and comes from a wealthy family and has a smoking hot sister too. When does the Royal Threesome get televised?

I would get up early for that.

I DVR'd it but only because I wanted to see her dress and a portion of the ceremony. To me it's more about watching history unfold in front of you. Plus I think it's very interesting to watch how other cultures do things, such as this wedding. Plus, I am still a girl and every girl dreams of being a princess one day. Even if it doesn't have the same meaning as it once did, it's still pretty freaking cool that this commoner woman is not a princess. For a woman, this is a true fairytale happening right in front of us.

I DVR'd it but only because I wanted to see her dress and a portion of the ceremony. To me it's more about watching history unfold in front of you. Plus I think it's very interesting to watch how other cultures do things, such as this wedding. Plus, I am still a girl and every girl dreams of being a princess one day. Even if it doesn't have the same meaning as it once did, it's still pretty freaking cool that this commoner woman is not a princess. For a woman, this is a true fairytale happening right in front of us.

Well since you guys own this site, just dub yourselves King JB and Queen GG! Who wouldn't respect the authority of the Queen?

Well since you guys own this site, just dub yourselves King JB and Queen GG! Who wouldn't respect the authority of the Queen?

No way...that would require GG to change her avatar!

This is something that has been bothering me for quite sometime now. Let me start off by saying good for them. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and do love seeing people fall in love. That being said, I can't stand this event in the least. This will seem harsh, but this has bothered me for months now, ever since it was announced. They announced their engagement, and within days we were bombarded with news and magazine artices. Days! Books were published, and over night, this "commoner" became a celebrity. Which leads me to the next point. The monarchy is outdated and clinging to what "power" they have left. Tradition is good. I have traditions in my family, but I am a strong believer in progress. There is a reason the western world is no longer ruled by royalty. We've moved past that point. The elitest class system is gone. So why must I treat these people differently? The are people no different than I, but their titles make them better than me? Please. This is the 21st century. It's time to move forward. I read an article the other day talking about the future of the monarchy in Canada and if it was time to officially become a republic. The article talked about the "celebrity" of the royals and if they were still fit to be our officiall heads of state. They seem to be more celebrity now than "leaders". Therefore should celebrities be leaders? I've of the opinion not.

And this is everything that's wrong with this world. Too much emphasis on useless things. There is no reason that this should be as big a deal as it is. All I've heard on the news this week is about the wedding. Why is it so important? What makes this more important than everything else that's going on in the world? What makes these two people more important than everyone else? Just because their celebrities? I just don't understand this.

I'm sorry for ranting here. I really am. I needed to get this off my chest. I'm just so sick of this kind of stuff. Famous for the sake of being famous. That's what it boils down to and I just can't stand it. 2 billion people have or will watch it today. 1/3 of the entire human population. For a wedding? For people who don't deserve what they have? I feel sorry for us.

Congrats to William and Kate. And I do mean that.

Brit POV...throughout the build up for the past couple of weeks I haven't really got into it. I didn't pay too much attention as its literally been thrown in your face and just felt a bit over the top. However, watching it today made me feel really proud to be British. A lot of people feel like the royal family are redundant in modern society, but they do portray our country in such an amazing way. Today the whole world's media was upon Britain and IMO it looked great, not just the wedding party but all the crowd were well behaved and patriotic (something us Brits don't do very often).

The added romance of the whole thing in that Kate wasn't royally linked in any way before today just added to the whole occasion. Sure, she had money growing up...but her father built up his wealth from nothing.

So yeh, some of you guys may say it was a overly hyped load of crap. But at the end of the day it was a great occasion for our country and I'd like to think we came accross rather well.

Sorry, but speaking as an American, didn't we fight a war some years back so that we would not have to give a sh!t about the royal family in England? I think I am remembering that correctly.

Hah, I guess I don't watch the news or tabloids as much as the rest of you. I'd noticed it at the checkout but never felt overloaded by it, not like I had to buy a gift or a suit. I don't understand the hostility though, maybe, it cut into the airtime of tmz or american idol. Truthfully if this wedding has infringed upon anyones life I recommend finding a driving range instead of the tv.

Brit POV...throughout the build up for the past couple of weeks I haven't really got into it. I didn't pay too much attention as its literally been thrown in your face and just felt a bit over the top. However, watching it today made me feel really proud to be British. A lot of people feel like the royal family are redundant in modern society, but they do portray our country in such an amazing way. Today the whole world's media was upon Britain and IMO it looked great, not just the wedding party but all the crowd were well behaved and patriotic (something us Brits don't do very often).

The added romance of the whole thing in that Kate wasn't royally linked in any way before today just added to the whole occasion. Sure, she had money growing up...but her father built up his wealth from nothing.

So yeh, some of you guys may say it was a overly hyped load of crap. But at the end of the day it was a great occasion for our country and I'd like to think we came accross rather well.

I personally do think it came off very well and it was beautiful. For me this was about history and tradition and while the media may have ruined some of that because of their constant 'in your face' coverage I would agree in the end this was quite an amazing spectacle to watch.

So who's watching it? We're recording it, not getting up that early.

If I had to resort to watching this, I would take a sledge hammer to every TV in the house. Nothing beats excess other than being able to flaunt it to the world. Not sure what makes this news worthy or what draws people to want to watch it. JMO of course.

Where are people hating here? On CBS, CNN, NBC, and ABC? Or are people hating in the Brits for being subjected to this?

Back