Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With over 70,000 units sold and 300 million shots hit over nine years, SkyTrak is the world’s best selling consumer launch monitor. As the first affordable and comprehensive personal launch monitor, it opened in-home simulation to a much wider group of consumers than seen before, and eventually paved the way for the technological explosion we’ve seen in the segment in the last five years.

Continue reading...

Fantastic write up by @Hawk as someone that has tried just about every device out there currently. Excited for THPers to get this in their hands.

Very well written article. A device with a lot of features that is so unobtainable by masses. A lot of great features and updates as well with a company that has time and experience backing up its product. Can’t wait to see the reviews coming in on here.

This looks awesome!

Love the inclusion of tutorials from Nick Clearwater (can't wait to see what those encompass). Also love the thoughts of incorporating it with GolfTec to create lesson plans and practice routines.

Do you know if the unit measures the Angle of Attack on clubs (don't see it in the screen shot).

@Hawk outstanding write up...truly phenomenal. I'm curious if you got more information from Skytrak after the early sneak peek call?

Some highlights that are mentioned in the article...
1. Club Data!!?!?!?
2. Improved hardware (also manufacturing tolerance for alignment)
3. Software improvement - that driving range data screen with the optimal ranges and color coding results means bashing balls can actually be helpful, with visual cues. "Shot Score" addition is nice because you can see how well you hit your previous shot(s) based on how that shot would relate to a full round score if you hut every shot just like that one.
4. PRICE... 😲

The price is just fantastic, can't wait to hear about the Trade-in policy.

This looks awesome!

Love the inclusion of tutorials from Nick Clearwater (can't wait to see what those encompass). Also love the thoughts of incorporating it with GolfTec to create lesson plans and practice routines.

Do you know if the unit measures the Angle of Attack on clubs (don't see it in the screen shot).

I didn't see it mentioned in what's going to be available at launch.

@Hawk outstanding write up...truly phenomenal. I'm curious if you got more information from Skytrak after the early sneak peek call?

Some highlights that are mentioned in the article...
1. Club Data!!?!?!?
2. Improved hardware (also manufacturing tolerance for alignment)
3. Software improvement - that driving range data screen with the optimal ranges and color coding results means bashing balls can actually be helpful, with visual cues. "Shot Score" addition is nice because you can see how well you hit your previous shot(s) based on how that shot would relate to a full round score if you hut every shot just like that one.
4. PRICE... 😲

Thanks @The Dave ! I did have a media kit they sent us, though the call really clarified and expanded on all the features.

What a write up and the new features fit well for the new price. Time to pre order!!!

Dang. Great write-up @Hawk! Looking forward to hearing about the trade-in program, this is probably going to be a pretty easy decision to upgrade if it’s available in Canada as well.

great write up. that price point is excellent. would love a side by side comparison among the units in this class. how do they compare in data points measured? sim features? price points?

Also as someone who is looking for a new instructor and who took lessons at Gofltec a Loooong time ago, i really hope they lean hard into this partnership.

$3,000 🤯🤯🤯 This looks incredible.

Are the trade in details on their website yet?

I don’t believe if I saw what the subscription price will be for plans in the article and on the website just a note they are coming. Didn’t see an option to select when adding to my cart for pre-order. Will those be released at a later date?

For $3000 they might sell out and be on back order in the first month.

great write up. that price point is excellent. would love a side by side comparison among the units in this class. how do they compare in data points measured? sim features? price points?

I'll leave that to the marketing teams and/or retailers for the most part.

Pricing-wise, I believe this is dropping at $500 less than the nearest competitor (Bushnell). Software packages have to be considered as well. I believe the Play and Improve package is increasing by $50, but now includes 16 e6 Connect courses like (in addition to the 15 WGT courses iOS users already have access to).

I don’t believe if I saw what the subscription price will be for plans in the article and on the website just a note they are coming. Didn’t see an option to select when adding to my cart for pre-order. Will those be released at a later date?

While @Koske didn't mention a change in the Game Improvement plan, I don't want to say it's staying the same without confirmation. He did mention a $50 increase in the Play and Improve due to the 16 added courses. I forget the entire list of courses.

Last edited:
While @Koske didn't mention a change in the Game Improvement plan, I don't want to say it's staying the same without confirmation. He did mention a $50 increase in the Play and Improve due to the 16 added courses. I forget the entire list of courses, but he did mention Pebble being one of them.
That honestly isn’t a huge increase imo.

Who is going to talk me out of this?!?! 😂😂😂

Great writeup Hawk!! This is better than what O was hoping for. Looks like they upgraded an already good product and added radar to capture club data! And that price point is fantastic!!! I'm jumping over to their website now to learn more about the trade-in details!

Back