The Subaru thread

Be interested to see what happens when you get up around 100k.

I thought Subaru had their head gasket issues figured out but I have done 3 sets in the past 3 weeks all on outbacks with damn near 100k on the dot.

WHat years and what models? I thought they had that issue fixed with the 2007 or 08 models.

They all had 2.5 4 cylinders.

That's what I have. Hopefully it is not widespread.

Since I quit driving all over the place, I only put on 6,000 miles this year, so it could be a while before I get to 100K.

I have always wondered why they have never really ventured in the truck market.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Only the Baja, and that is basically a cut off Outback. I would get one after they were out a couple of years.

The Subaru thread

I have always wondered why they have never really ventured in the truck market.

I think the small pickup market dried up here in the USA. And what market there is for them, is pretty much cornered by the Toyota Tacoma. Ford stopped selling the Ranger, and I'm pretty sure there is no more Dodge Durango. If, and a big if, Subaru (or anyone) could come out with a small utility pickup with 4x4 and DECENT gas mileage, they might have something.

after I went to DEQ today and got new tags, I went to the DMV and got new Crater Lake license plates. simple things like that make it look sooo much better...

I think the small pickup market dried up here in the USA. And what market there is for them, is pretty much cornered by the Toyota Tacoma. Ford stopped selling the Ranger, and I'm pretty sure there is no more Dodge Durango. If, and a big if, Subaru (or anyone) could come out with a small utility pickup with 4x4 and DECENT gas mileage, they might have something.

Jeep Gladiator in 2015... Maybe

ypazutat.jpg

Yeah the small truck market is dead except for the Tacoma.

Too high of a cost, fuel mileage both about the same as a half ton really did it in.

I'd by a Subaru truck and with all the work they've been doing with Toyota I wouldn't be too surprised to see it happen.

Jeep Gladiator in 2015... Maybe

ypazutat.jpg
That looks pretty bad@$$....

But what will it cost and how will the mileage be? The gap between the Tacoma and other full size trucks is too small price and mileage wise.

Subi's are so nice. Thinking of these for my next ride. Preferably and XJ crossover. In the new year going to see my options for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My drive home from work tonight reminded me how much I love my Subaru. We are getting crushed with snow all day yesterday and today - my Baja did the job yet again.

My drive home from work tonight reminded me how much I love my Subaru. We are getting crushed with snow all day yesterday and today - my Baja did the job yet again.

Dude you drive one of those subaru truck things?

Please tell me its yellow.

Absolutely!! Been driving it for 10 years and will be sad to get rid of it this spring.

My brother calls it a mid-size car with a truck complex.

Edit: just saw that last sentence. Mine isn't yellow. Dark gray and light gray combo. No way am I driving a yellow Twinkie.

Most of them I have seen are yellow!

Very first car I can remember my parents having was this brown Subaru turd that would backfire all the time it was amazing.

Most of them I have seen are yellow!

You don't see many yellow around here. Most see the gray like mine and the dark red.

Very first car I can remember my parents having was this brown Subaru turd that would backfire all the time it was amazing.

oh, the levels of sarcasm in this post...

[video=youtube;-PKc_hCkTqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PKc_hCkTqc&[/video]

when I went to the NW Subie's meet Monday night, the guys said my car was worth around $2500 if I cleaned it up real nice and made sure everything was good. I'm thinking maybe sell it and get a '03ish forester...

I no longer have a Subaru, but they are great cars. I had a 2004 WRX sport wagon and a 2007 B9 Tribeca. Both great cars.

Back