The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really been working on my takeaway and making a bigger turn. My last lesson showed me how little I turned, which is a flexibility issue more than anything. One of the cool things about GolfTEC is being able to go back and hear what my coach is saying during my lesson. I'm seeing a big difference in my consistency since I've started my lessons.

Really been working on my takeaway and making a bigger turn. My last lesson showed me how little I turned, which is a flexibility issue more than anything. One of the cool things about GolfTEC is being able to go back and hear what my coach is saying during my lesson. I'm seeing a big difference in my consistency since I've started my lessons.

The video feedback and SEEING what the coach is trying to tell you is huge IMO. Ive always been a visual guy

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Good range session tonight. My irons are starting to come around with the high draw and even worked on some knockdown shots. I still had a few hooks with the hybrids and 5i so I worked on a slight weakening of the grip to help straighten it out. There's really a fine line here as too weak a grip and I'd block it to the right.

Came up with a new swing thought today. Use the shoulders for the takeaway. So important to get that first move right.

Will be hitting the range on Sunday morning to try and work on the currently disconnected swing and see if I can get things straightened out again - would love to get a round in but the soaked ground just isn't making it an option at the moment

Another 100 balls, Another day. Just enough to work on some 40yd pitching, staying behind my full iron shots and some 3W's off the tee.

B769F712-CFC3-4FC8-80D1-2D3E60295590_zpsbcu0aqqt.jpg

Where are you??

FF3713B6-8BCA-4783-BFF4-5A951EA41BEE_zpsgffdtarb.jpg

#HackerDoingWork
#Never2Early

I did my practicing last night Natedogg. Glad you were able to get out there.

This is my range:

ga6e7ety.jpg

#diaryofanortherngolfer
#ohwait
#beenpracticingsincedecember

Was just curious.......I'm sure indoor nets and artificial turf are good too.

Was just curious.......I'm sure indoor nets and artificial turf are good too.

I'm just bustin balls Nate. Don't get all sensitive on me!

Awesome lesson this morning!!!! I had engrained 50% of my last lesson which is more than he thought I would :) and had fixed some issues we hadn't discussed.

Quick fixed distance from the ball, I had gotten too close. Worked on turn and where I need to stop, stopping the sway forward on Downswing plus a couple little things. More later

Ha....then we were doing the same thing.

We're coming for you FrozenPipe Brad!

It's an issue that affects more people than you think!

NOT ON MY WATCH!

Lesson booked for next week. Always exciting.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Just finished up a great little practice session. Worked up and down the bag again, but this time I started to add a bit more power to my swing. I had been practicing at probably 70% to get the muscle memory to begin to stick. Super pleased with the results. Ball striking was very good.

Still haven't gotten to the done yet to see how this ball flight is doing, but I can't wait to see where it is.

After my range session today I ask myself.... Have I ever swung a club? Very discouraging.

Now I'm waiting for a lesson to start.

After my range session today I ask myself.... Have I ever swung a club? Very discouraging.

It will come together bro!

CJ, stay vigilant. I felt like that so many times. Still do honestly. There are just days where it doesn't click. Clear your mind and don't let it linger through the lesson.

Hit the range today and was just killing it...pretty pumped! I was scorching my 4 and 3 iron...I love squaring it up with the 3 iron and just watching that sucker fly. Last 20 swing sucked as my hands started to blister and hurt. The orange whip I bought today really did wonders for me today.

Days like today on the range make me even wonder why I play this crazy game. Only a handful of shots were hit well & everything else was a struggle. Feeling very dejected right now & frustrated.

Nothing but indoor net hitting for me with the weather around here... focusing on stretching as well

Well did some irons hitting tonight in the basement. Did some stretching then did some practice swings I shouldn't have. Ended up hitting the freaking light on the darn ceiling. Well after clean up started hitting with the pitching wedge and worked up to the 4 iron. I was really trying to relax and then boom I got the tempo going just right and was striking the ball very well. Tomorrow I am going to go play the Simulator at a local golf course with Bhillin, so hopefully I can keep hitting them well there.

Couldn't take it anymore, finally broke down and spent an hour at a simulator near me. Best $16 I've spent in a while. Just being able to swing clubs felt great. Not sure how realistic the distances were, felt abut 10 yards short, but the clubs were nicely gapped.

With more snow in the forecast, I may go back 1-2 times a month until we get out of this mess and I can at least swing in my garage a little.

Stick with it CJ! We all have those days where we just don't have "it" you'll work through it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back