The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy your swing looked phenomenal after that little time Chris spent with you. You started hitting every ball on the screws, you could tell with just the sound of the club. It was awesome to see how quickly you took to the changes and just started hammering it.

Thanks buddy. Gotta get the handicap below 10 so I can start competing with you guys! I'm so motivated by positive change it isn't even funny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yesterday I had a chance to get a productive range session in - just hammering in tips and suggestions made by Freddie and the teaching pro that I will be getting lessons from: alignment, grip, knee bend, firing the hips through the ball more, and the sync between my upper and lower body. I didn't particularly pay attention to ball flight yesterday, as the left-to-right wind was fierce at times, but I felt I was making progress and getting more and more consistent contact throughout my bag.

Spent quite a bit of time swinging the 588 Custom driver and am gathering my thoughts for that thread...but I hit it very well. By the end of my time with it, I was painting the center of the club face and feeling very good about where I'm going with my swing. Lots more work to do (delayed by yet another upcoming snow storm), but I am seeing lots of positives.

Thanks buddy. Gotta get the handicap below 10 so I can start competing with you guys! I'm so motivated by positive change it isn't even funny.

You and I both! I did a lot of thinking on that drive home. Going back and forth on if I wanted to go through an entire swing change and what not, but it's for the better. Motivation could be my middle name!

After disappointing play Friday and Saturday I went through 2 buckets after my round and spoke with my coach via text and ironed some things out through those 2 buckets.

I had gotten long with the swing on the course after being great on the range before both rounds.

Today on the course I really focused on staying short in the back swing and was hitting the ball really well.

Time to engrain the short back swing, when I get home.

It's hard as hell once you get on the course dude. Something about being out there makes your mind go back to same-old/same-old.

Hit a couple buckets of balls at the range. Swing feels just off. I dont know where I'm at in tje back swing, top, or follow through. .. just all over the place. Have lesson scheduled at golftec and hope to straighten things out.

Down in sunny FL and after hitting both Bertha Drivers today, I have some work to do with my driver path.

Haven't been able to work with driver as much because of my basement ceiling and it showed.

Irons on the other hand were wonderful, just playing a tiny fade on the monitor and I am almost positive a set of Apexes will be in the bag come July.

It's hard as hell once you get on the course dude. Something about being out there makes your mind go back to same-old/same-old.

I did much better today but let it slip back to the old swing a little on the back 9 here and there.

So difficult to take it to the course and not have 5million swing thoughts every time you set up to the ball.

#myentireweekend

Its just so frustrating when one swing you do everything right, and get a great ball fight. Then the very next swing, you swing like you never swung a club before. ..

I did much better today but let it slip back to the old swing a little on the back 9 here and there.

So difficult to take it to the course and not have 5million swing thoughts every time you set up to the ball.

#myentireweekend

It'll come around boys. Basically the very start of the year for you.

Its just so frustrating when one swing you do everything right, and get a great ball fight. Then the very next swing, you swing like you never swung a club before. ..

Hey, I know that guy!

I opted for 2 hr 30 min practice today instead of playing a round. Full swing was good so I cut that short and spent almost 2 hours working on short game. Chipping with 9i from 30 ft and 8i from 45ft. This is new for me and I'm excited at how easy it is getting the ball to land quickly and roll out like a putt. I also worked on putting in 5 ft increments and lag putting from 40 - 50 ft.

At least for weekend practice, i think I'll start spending a majority of the time on short game. I know I'll start seeing better scores if I keep this up.

Sounds like a great practice today Canes and quite the marathon as well. If you keep up the short game work like that you'll be deadly

Final simulator session of the winter, they are tearing them down this week. Spent 2 1/2 hours on the range working on a variety of distances. Figured out a mental reminder for my habit of pulls lately, to keep my front side in. A note on athletic tape on my R1 cover should help that. All in all a good day, now I can switch focus to the short game!

Hit a couple buckets of balls at the range. Swing feels just off. I dont know where I'm at in tje back swing, top, or follow through. .. just all over the place. Have lesson scheduled at golftec and hope to straighten things out.

Ooohh take me, take me!!!

Going to the range later to give these a go. 18hr epoxy sucks when you want to swing 'em. Thanks Kang, will get them back to you soon, maybe. If I can find my arms after swinging these.

Did a trx workout this afternoon and going to try to drag my butt to the garage after I get the kids to sleep. Lesson tomorrow and want to be prepared.

Spent a little time in the garage trying to ingrain the things I worked on yesterday. Lots of half swings with a focus on a right swing path. I out a rake (alignment aid was in the basement) in the center line so I could see if the ball was right or left of center. Can't wait to get back out on the range.

Just a quick 30 minutes tonight. Working on that knee flex and it's getting a whole lot easier as I get stronger and more flexible. Hit some good ones.

That impact ball thing is interesting. I feel like my wrist cock is sort of hampered. Maybe I'm doing it wrong

I spent a couple of hours at the range today. I have been working on getting back to the left side and not releasing the club so early. It had not been a very good session. I really knew it was a bad session when the teaching pro approached me and ask me what I was working on. I let him know then he must of really felt sorry for me. He then preceded to work with me for the next 30 minutes.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

New practice set up! Spent a lot of time today working on my swing change.

ezu2amev.jpg

Lesson number 4 of 12 tonight.

I think I made some significant progress in the last two weeks, with the last few days really appearing to cement some things in my head. I'm not really sure what he has in store as the next step, but I have mentioned I'd at least like to briefly look at the driver swing in either this lesson or the next one, as golf season is right around the corner. Typically, my iron swing/hybrid is easier to improve than my driver swing and I see a disproportionate distance increase through lessons there. Likely tied to the fact that I practice with the driver 1/10th of what I do with other clubs. That is probably going to have to change at some point, but for now I'd just like a bandaid or two to get me through the opening months. I can keep the ball in play, but I really want to iron out this flip with the driver.

Took my son out to the range today during his Spring Break. He and I "split" a large bucket. Worked on posture, or really letting my shoulders drive the backswing to get to a more solid position at the top. Felt really good in terms of getting more consistency from my shots. After that, about another hour working on chipping and putting. Worked on Dave Stockton's application of the low shot, and really liked it. Seemed very simple. Again, taking his lessons from Unconscious Scoring into account, particularly as pertains to posture when addressing shots around the green.

Have another lesson slated for Saturday, to try and really reinforce some consistency with my big sticks. Between then and now, plan to play at least 9 holes every day, with 18 probably either Wednesday or Friday (and possibly both).

Worked quite a bit on my swing today. Basically worked on balance and staying in control with a full swing. Only a few more days before I will get a chance to play some real golf and see if all the inside work has helped or hurt.

Just finished a lengthy practice session followed by 11 holes out on the course. After the disappointment in my game the past weekend I decided I better get these swing changes put into memory or suffer the consequences. I went to the range and hit about 150 balls working on slowing down my swing and keeping tempo. What I noticed was I
Was able to control the club face throughout the swing and hit some good shots.

After playing with Robman7 and his comment regarding my full swing wedge game I worked on dialing that back. I have always taken full swings so this would be new to me. I worked on my 56* and 60* and noticed better accuracy and control.

I then proceed to follow that up with an on course session. I still hit a few errand shots off the tee, however my misses didn't leave me in a bad position which allowed me to get up and down.
I still had putting issues more to getting the right line over speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back