The Weird Dream Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I dream a lot. A lot. And most of them are pretty weird.

I crashed on the sofa when I got home tonight. One of those "coma" crashes. It only lasted about 45 minutes, but it was long enough for me to have a bizarre dream.

I was playing golf, but my putter was not, err . . . conforming.

The shaft was the right length, but the head was not a putter head. It was longer than the shaft. It was sort of a tube (like PVC pipe), but different diameters at different points (sorta like a snake that ate two rats) and covered with a grip-like rubber. I was so frustrated trying to putt with it and I couldn't understand what happened to my Anser style putter.

I can't explain anyone else's dreams. I have a difficult enough time understanding my own. Strangely enough - I had a dream recently that I was playing golf with BigBadBoneDaddy and his wife. When I told him - his only question was to ask what we were all wearing.

his only question was to ask what we were all wearing.

That's guy-code for "were we naked?"

Spoiler
and "were you impressed?"

For some guys - not from him. I had a golf skirt on and so did his wife. I honestly can't recall what he was wearing.

I would have to say my weirdest, and most re-occuring dream, would be the one where I am trapped in a hotel room by some terrorists. They all leave, and I'm tied up, somehow I get loose and start trying to fight them. They slit my throat, and as I'm trying to stumble out a guy stops me and hands me a banana and some shoe polish. He says that I should rub the banana in the shoe polish and then apply the mixture to my neck, That it would heal the wound. And it did.

THEN to make things better...

I was in my own hotel room, and as I walked out, a guy in a suit was right behind my door, so i slit his throat... found out that guy was my boss from work, and told him about the banana and shoe polish. THen he left, I had a work christmas party that night, and he was there with his neck bandaged, so wrapped in christmas wrapping paper, i gave him a banana and shoe polish.

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the worst part is that i'm NOT a violent person.

And it's impossible to describe how those kinds of dreams really "look." What you say when you describe them doesn't even come close to the level of weirdness going on. When people hear/read, they apply realistic/normal images to them. But mine are always bizarre looking and there is often lots of disconnect.

Only later in the light of day. When they're happening, everything makes sense or you don't care or question why it doesn't make sense. I think the strangest ones are when you wake up and don't know if it was a dream or if it really happened.

After escaping from my first wife, I dreamed for months that the "Marriage Police" found me, handcuffed me, and took me back, telling me I had to stay there. I woke up in cold sweats. Worst nightmares I have ever had.

My dreams always center around me trying to make it somewhere on time, but I can never make it. I just lag which is opposite of how I really am.

My dreams always center around me trying to make it somewhere on time, but I can never make it. I just lag which is opposite of how I really am.

Ugh. I have that one ALL the time. I hate that.

That, and be required to fly a plane (not an emergency, just like I should know how) and not knowing. Although, lately, I've gained some partial skill.

. Although, lately, I've gained some partial skill.

Are you taking flying lessons?

I have dreams sometimes when I nap that I am eating and then when I wake up it takes a while for me to figure out if I have eaten or not.

Are you taking flying lessons?

I have dreams sometimes when I nap that I am eating and then when I wake up it takes a while for me to figure out if I have eaten or not.

No. I've somehow gained skill in my dreams.

I have dreams that I can't open my eyes while driving.

No. I've somehow gained skill in my dreams.

I have dreams that I can't open my eyes while driving.

I have had the one about driving with eyes stuck shut as well. I wonder what that is all about? I also used to have one about being naked in public.

I have been having re-occuring dreams about alligators since I was about 5. The dreams are often different everytime but there is rarely a week that goes by that I don't have at least one dream about alligators. The other night I had this awful dream about deception and death and when I woke up I was in tears, I literally had tears rolling down my face it was very disturbing.

GG - I wonder if something happened when you were 5 - perhaps you heard a story about someone being killed by an alligator. When I was 11, I saw a child hit and killed by a truck. Since then, whenever I'm stressed, my dreams are always about car accidents and when I'm very stressed - they become nightmares.

GG - I wonder if something happened when you were 5 - perhaps you heard a story about someone being killed by an alligator. When I was 11, I saw a child hit and killed by a truck. Since then, whenever I'm stressed, my dreams are always about car accidents and when I'm very stressed - they become nightmares.

I honestly have no idea, I just know I have always had dreams about alligators. The funny thing is I went to school at UF and the campus has a huge lake called Lake Alice and there are 100s of alligators in there. There were times where they would just come out of the lake and crawl on the streets and the cops would have to come and get them back in the water. I just can't get away from alligators. In fact when we moved into our new home the very first day I went out back to the lake behind our house and sure enough there was an alligator sun bathing in the neighbors backyard.

GG - Ask your parents - they may remember something you don't. There were things about the accident I witnessed that I didn't remember until I asked my parents years later. I had blocked out that the police questioned me at the scene before it was cleaned up.

Do you have a fenced backyard GG? Although with alligators a stone wall would be better, but any fence would be better than none.

Do you have a fenced backyard GG? Although with alligators a stone wall would be better, but any fence would be better than none.

We have a stone wall.

GG - Ask your parents - they may remember something you don't. There were things about the accident I witnessed that I didn't remember until I asked my parents years later. I had blocked out that the police questioned me at the scene before it was cleaned up.

I told them about it when I was younger and they would just laugh at me, they had no idea why I dream about alligators.

I told them about it when I was younger and they would just laugh at me, they had no idea why I dream about alligators.

Well - that is just not nice of them.

I also used to have one about being naked in public.

Those never bothered me. I thought it was odd that I was naked, but just kinda thought "oh well."

We have a stone wall.

Like JB said, we have a huge stone wall. When you live in Florida you just kind of know that alligators are around. When I was a kid we had a baby alligator in our pool because our house backed up to a lake and we just had chain link fence. This occurred after the dreams started so I do not believe that was the culprit.

Those never bothered me. I thought it was odd that I was naked, but just kinda thought "oh well."

I have never had that naked in public dream. I have had the dream where I am trying to run but no matter what I do I just can't, I have even been shot in the head in my dreams, and I often dream about being told by a loved one that they no longer love me but I have never been naked in public in my dreams.

I often dream about being told by a loved one that they no longer love me but I have never been naked in public in my dreams.

Maybe if you were naked more, they would still love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back