Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
What's the worst Excuse you've ever heard for a bad shot?

Doesn't have to be genuine (someone could have said it as a joke)

Here's my favorite (and this guy was dead serious:)

After missing a 6 foot putt, the guy was in a bit of a rage. He finally knocked the ball into the hole and reached in to pick it up.

He gave the ball a long look and tossed it to me and said

"Look at this. The ball says PRACTICE. No wonder I missed the putt. It's not a real ball."

I didn't know what to say. I remained quiet.

What is the best excuse you've heard?

I (jokingly) blamed the wind once on a tee shot that didn’t get 5ft off the ground. I think I said something to the effect of “damn wind knocked that shot out of the sky”

Last year one of the guys had to use the on course facilities, really took issue with the toilet paper, and proceeded to blame a near shank off the next tee on his bleeding #sshole. I'm calling that one the worst because it turned into a running joke that round, that week, the month, the summer..... that I repeatedly prayed would end.

"I tee'd it up wrong"
One of my buddies who hit it 90 degrees to his left....he's right handed. Literally almost hit himself with the ball. I'm 99% sure he was serious. He's the kind of person who has an excuse for absolutely everything. I don't golf with him anymore lol

My excuse usually is, "I don't know" cause if I did I would NOT have hit it like that. :cool:

My excuse is now that I have the Coronavirus.

A guy in my brother's group had found 3 greenside bunkers on the front nine. In each case, he rocket-skulled his bunker shot way over the green. After the 3rd time, he throws his wedge and says "I hate the sand in these bunkers"! My brother says, "How would you know? You haven't touched any of it yet"!

I like that Carl's Golfland commercial...

I don't like hitting even number clubs
My shoelaces were too tight
The wind was gusting
I knew you were going to sneeze
The sun was in my eyes..:ROFLMAO:

I was playing with someone once who was struggling on the greens. After missing a short putt, he blamed the miss on the fact that the people cutting the greens didn't know how to use the mowers.

I should have looked that putt over.
He was less than 18 inches from the cup, I knew it would break hard and made him putt it out. I won that hole and the match. :):)

We have a couple courses like that, it gets pretty bad. :oops:
Yes it does, but come on unless you are wearing skater shoes you make sure you have a good solid base with your feet.
Of course up in Estes Park & some of the other mountain courses they get elk on the course all the time around here we do get some mule deer that make an appearance.

Around here I've heard, I slipped in the goose ****..

it's pretty bad here as well...enough that I don't play the course very often anymore

Yes it does, but come on unless you are wearing skater shoes you make sure you have a good solid base with your feet.
Of course up in Estes Park & some of the other mountain courses they get elk on the course all the time around here we do get some mule deer that make an appearance.

I miss CO...

The beauty of the state yes, the B.S. that is coming out of our govt in Denver is ruining it though. :mad:

so I've heard from friends still living there

the club hit it wrong
i mwnt to do that that way i can give you a chance

My FIL constantly says he closed his eyes when he miss hits

I was playing with a group of buddies once and a guy hit one way out on the toe of his driver. It shot off into the woods on the right side. Somebody asked him what happened. He said, “you didn’t hear that squirrel talking s#!t to me”?

Worst excuse for a bad shot, or even a bad round for that matter, I have heard, is blaming it on slow play.

Another one is the guy who is having a tough time putting, from 3 feet, blaming it on the freshly mowed greens. Stim was too fast.

I play an annual tournament with my HS buddies. One guy is super quiet, so it’s fun to bust his balls. I ride him most of the round. On this long par 3 over a valley, on which I’ve played weirdly well over the years, I topped one into the junk and immediately yelled, “Jeff.” The other two in my foursome look at each and then at me and say, almost in unison, “he didn’t say anything.” So I responded with, “I must have heard his stupid ****ing voice in my head...”. So now every time I shank/top one, all my buddies yell “Jeff.”

Without asking for a read, my brother missed a hard breaking right putt by probably 4 feet. He looked at me and said, "you said it would break left!"

Back