This Sign Should Be Everywhere

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

It's crazy that golfers don't get this. I try to fix a couple on every green regardless of whether I hit the green or not.

Wow that's a lot. Can't say it surprises me though either, which is sad.

Our course has a sign similar to that posted right outside the pro shop. People don't fix their ball marks anyway, but hey, at least they try.

The little thought I was taught

“Fix yours and one other “

If we all did they would be pristine.

Fully agree with the sign , but like driving , many pay little attention to signage

It's crazy how little some people take care of the course they play so regularly. Then some have the audacity to complain about the conditions of the greens.

Would it really matter? I mean golfers know they should fix their pitch marks.

Course near me has this sign by the first tee.
Screenshot_20240301_154038_Gallery.jpg

I support this. I have never understood why people not repairing ball marks.

Good message.

Seen this on several courses. It gives me something to do while waiting for everyone else to chip or putt. Takes a few seconds. Fix yours plus a few more. Didn't hit the green? Still fix some.

It's crazy that golfers don't get this. I try to fix a couple on every green regardless of whether I hit the green or not.

We do the same thing.

My 10 y/o can properly repair pitch marks even though he doesn't make them. We play a game where we try and fix a few.

If he can, you can too....

Yes. That’s wild and really hits hard seeing those numbers.
That with a box full of cheap repair tools with instructions could make a difference.
I’m all for it

I totally agree, don't take this wrong. Imagine the pace of play issues if people actually stopped to do this, if people are already slow and don't fix these it'll take forever to clear greens. They would need to give up their 3rd distance reading and 7th practice swing in order to make this happen. /s

It would be nice if people could fix them though, I try to fix anything that's in my line where I walk to the ball when I land on the green, so like if I'm long of the pin I need to walk the whole distance I'll stop and repair them as I go by.

This thread is so true. Don't get why people don't fix their pitch marks.

However, I'd rather have people not fix them if they think prying up towards the center is the proper way.

Fix mine and at least one other. Probably more if they are near me or in my line. I'm not afraid to bend down, even with a bad knee & hip ;)

I try to fix mine and any others I see - as I think most if not all members here would do. I still believe 100% that if a relatively cheap/free tool was given every golfer or placed in the cart for them to use, it would help get the message across and still be way cheaper than having to fix them later. Sort of like sand or mixed sand/seed shaker bottles are provided.

Man, I wish

Grandad used to say fix yours and 2 others....nowadays I fix mine and hit as many as possible which is always way more than 2.

I think all golf courses should give you a pitchmark fixer (unless you already have one- and if you're on this forum you probably do) and make sure you know how to use it before you can walk to the first tee.

Should have one by every green! 100% agree with it

That sign should be everywhere but most golfers would just ignore it anyway... same as they do now... I don't know how many rounds I've played with golfers I don't know (I play as a single most rounds) who NEVER fix a pitch mark, never replace a divot on the course, rake bunkers and never use sand/seed repair that's basically on the cart right next to them.....among other actions to maintain course conditions... Not that I'm perfect and do everything perfect, but what I try to do is make the course better for the guy behind me.... i

It should be on every course. However, I think most either wont read it or will read it and still not do it. I always fix mine and try to fix any marks in my vicinity while I’m waiting around for others to putt. At some of the courses around me, I’ve seen some pretty bad greens littered with at least 10-15 unrepaired pitch marks at any given time. Pretty irritating.

Back