THP Fantasy Football Week 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I curse you Sean Payton for not throwing on the last play. More points from Brees would have been very nice.

Question...Does the last play of the game, and the 3rd and inches carry that got stuffed, cause the Saints coaching staff to lose faith in Ingram, or do they realize that their O-Line just got blown up twice when it was really important?

I think Ingram is someone you need to hold onto for later in the year. I think he'll prove to be valuable as the season goes on.

I don't think they will lose faith in him. I agree with OEM, he will prove his value as the year goes on. I'm surprised they didn't use Thomas or Sproles(with a different play) in that situation. GB D-line just sold out on the run and blew that play up. They would have been screwed if it was a PA pass.

I don't think they will lose faith in him. I agree with OEM, he will prove his value as the year goes on. I'm surprised they didn't use Thomas or Sproles(with a different play) in that situation. GB D-line just sold out on the run and blew that play up. They would have been screwed if it was a PA pass.

Just what I was going to say Ddec, I think PAP would have burned them big time.

Should have went Graham over Finley after all...

Just what I was going to say Ddec, I think PAP would have burned them big time.

as long as they sold out like they did then yes it probably would have. I don't really have an issue with the play call there. I think most coaches in the league probably would have done the same thing.

GB was banking on NO not doing another PA pass like they tried on that 4th and 1 play since that was an epic fail

GB was banking on NO not doing another PA pass like they tried on that 4th and 1 play since that was an epic fail

no doubt about it

I think Ingram is someone you need to hold onto for later in the year. I think he'll prove to be valuable as the season goes on.

I was definitely gonna hold on to him, but, if he is not going to get goal line touches, he loses a lot of value IMO.

I was definitely gonna hold on to him, but, if he is not going to get goal line touches, he loses a lot of value IMO.

I'll take him if you don't want him. I'm sure Ricky Williams will be getting those goal line carries in Baltimore

If I'm Sean Payton, I don't PAP either. Every time they did, a damn linebacker was in Brees' grill. Like I said, space it our for Colston or Graham and throw it up and let one of them go get it. Graham's like 6'9 and can freaking jump out of the gym. That's what he did in college at Miami.

If I'm Sean Payton, I don't PAP either. Every time they did, a damn linebacker was in Brees' grill. Like I said, space it our for Colston or Graham and throw it up and let one of them go get it. Graham's like 6'9 and can freaking jump out of the gym. That's what he did in college at Miami.

that stupid fade to the corner. I hate that play, but it works. Plus it's 1 on 1(usually), you have 1 guy standing in your way as opposed to 8.

I think Payton might of been saving the PAP for the 2pt conversion he would of had to complete following the TD.

I'll take him if you don't want him. I'm sure Ricky Williams will be getting those goal line carries in Baltimore

Really? I think Ray Rice will get his fair share of goal line carries this year.

that stupid fade to the corner. I hate that play, but it works. Plus it's 1 on 1(usually), you have 1 guy standing in your way as opposed to 8.

Yup, and you usually have a guy with about a 4 - 6 inch height advantage and a defender terrified to get an interference call. It works well when you have the weapons and NO has them. That was the dumbest play to try to punch one in like that.

I think Payton might of been saving the PAP for the 2pt conversion he would of had to complete following the TD.

NO line just sucked last night. They got beat so bad on that play. GB just pushed right through them

Should have went Graham over Finley after all...
I gave bad advice, dont listen to me.

If Grant continues to ride the pine, I will work a trade out for Ingram.

Point taken. I actually laughed outloud when I read that haha
How can you give advice on someone elses FF team :embarrassed:

I curse you Sean Payton for not throwing on the last play. More points from Brees would have been very nice.

Brees didn't score enough!?!?! My buddy (who I played against in another league) had Brees and got plenty of points.

I've got Ingram in THP League 2. I was very sad to see the NO O-Line get beat like I was 9 years old and stealing cookies. Dude MAN UP! I liked the play call even if I didn't have Ingram on my roster... though Brees is the best player on their Offense so I certainly don't think its a bad idea to keep the ball in his hands either...

Regardless, I've still got confidence in my squad and everyone else in league 2 will be wishing they were playing Angry Birds!

I can't believe I didn't start Sprolles. I expected the GB defense to stop the saints attack. What an awesome game last night!

We'll see. I am not going to overreact to a couple of plays in one game.

I nabbed 34 points out of Brees and Crosby....not too shabby at all....glad I benched Ingram at the last minute...now I gotta hope all my receivers come through.

Same here, if I'm as wrong again I'll give you all of your money back :p That said, I went up against Finley and was on pins and needles during every passing play he lined up for.

Glad to be wrong, in this case.

Brees didn't score enough!?!?! My buddy (who I played against in another league) had Brees and got plenty of points.

I've got Ingram in THP League 2. I was very sad to see the NO O-Line get beat like I was 9 years old and stealing cookies. Dude MAN UP! I liked the play call even if I didn't have Ingram on my roster... though Brees is the best player on their Offense so I certainly don't think its a bad idea to keep the ball in his hands either...

Regardless, I've still got confidence in my squad and everyone else in league 2 will be wishing they were playing Angry Birds!

Your confidence is about to get crushed! im pretty sure Meachem destroyed Ingram and your crappy Saints D last night by 13 points wait till the rest of my team gets to play you'll be dropping players and making waiver moves for 2 weeks trying to recover.

Great game last night- boy wish I had a shot at brees; he looked phenom!

And sproles, Starks, were both inpressive

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports on Twitter that Marques Colston broke his collarbone late in the game last night, he'll be out at least 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back