THP FF Week 5 Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have made the turn on the quarter mark of the season and in league 1 only one team remains undefeated. Three teams in league 1 remain winless as well. Nobody is out of this one as of yet as the meat of the schedule is coming up and injuries and bye weeks start to take their toll. Some big games in week 5 definitely up for grabs as the undefeated Buckroe Chickens take on the winners of 3 in a row Marital Bliss. In an even bigger matchup, the battle of the Slump Buster takes shape as Team Bridges (or squirrel) takes on Team Romosexuals.

This week is filled with tons of jockeying for position with 2-2 teams looking to move past .500 and others looking to remain there or get closer.

Good luck everybody and bring on Week 5.

slump buster sunday...wonder who will visit the winner's column

If I lose to the slump buster and assume the title of team slump buster then my team will be blow up. Match ups arent looking too good either.

• Admin
Made a nice trade with Team Grossman in giving up Percy Harvin and Cadillac Williams for Ray Rice. Giving up two starters for one is never easy, but depth brings spoils and I think this is a fair trade for all that are involved. We just need to hope that Ray Rice actually does something this year. He has done nothing so far.

By the way, all those that are saying it was an unfair trade, take a look at the points. You cant base things on what they did last year.

Made a nice trade with Team Grossman in giving up Percy Harvin and Cadillac Williams for Ray Rice. Giving up two starters for one is never easy, but depth brings spoils and I think this is a fair trade for all that are involved. We just need to hope that Ray Rice actually does something this year. He has done nothing so far.

By the way, all those that are saying it was an unfair trade, take a look at the points. You cant base things on what they did last year.

I think its a fair deal...as long as Williams continues to get carries

• Admin
Down here, it has been in every interview that he is still the starter and main back. 20 touches a game rather than 25 is what the coaching staff said yesterday.

Can someone tell me why our settings in league 1 changed randomly? They went from 4 to 8 to 6 in league trade veto? Just randomly? They were immediately put back to 4 by me, so nothing happened or changed, but it is very weird.

I got this random email saying "league settings had been changed". If you have our password for the league and are going to randomly change settings, can you change one that makes me score more points?

If Tom Brady was in front of me right now, I am pretty sure I would punch his face.

I think its a fair deal...as long as Williams continues to get carries

he is about to split time with Blount,Huggins and Graham is the goalline back, I'm sorry but I don't think it's fair at all.

he is about to split time with Blount,Huggins and Graham is the goalline back, I'm sorry but I don't think it's fair at all.

lol thats because you would kill for Ray Rice

Ehhhh. Try again. I suppose you would be upset since you were trying to make a trade with the same team I was.

Cadillac IS NOT about to split time. he is going to be the featured back, while having the other two spell him on 3rd down. Graham has ALWAYS been the goal line back for the last 4 years. Nothing has changed other than the names. Blount and Huggins instead of Ward. Its the same system that it has been.

If Tom Brady was in front of me right now, I am pretty sure I would punch his face.

But it's oh so pretty. Gisele is gonna have some words with you, GM.

Ya I would like him, but I would still offer a fair trade.

How in the world could you offer a fair trade? 8 backups do not equal 4 starters....haha

Look at the points, it is a fair trade in my opinion. You are basing it off of Ray Rice from last year. He is not Ray Rice from last year. THey added weapons. But we know that your trade got turned down so you are a little bitter. Dont worry, you still have the squirrel.

Ehhhh. Try again. I suppose you would be upset since you were trying to make a trade with the same team I was.

Cadillac IS NOT about to split time. he is going to be the featured back, while having the other two spell him on 3rd down. Graham has ALWAYS been the goal line back for the last 4 years. Nothing has changed other than the names. Blount and Huggins instead of Ward. Its the same system that it has been.

No reason to be rude about it.

I have been saying that for a few years now. I can't stand the guy.

But it's oh so pretty. Gisele is gonna have some words with you, GM.
All I needed was one point. I hate him so much but I dont want to upset Gisele. I guess I better tone it down. Sorry Tom, I didnt mean it.

No reason to be rude about it.

Im not being rude. Im stating facts which was exactly what you tried to when you said they were splitting carries. Which is false according to what all the local news is reporting.

I would love to make a trade with someone...but unlike Marital Bliss, I have no depth on my team

How in the world could you offer a fair trade? 8 backups do not equal 4 starters....haha

Look at the points, it is a fair trade in my opinion. You are basing it off of Ray Rice from last year. He is not Ray Rice from last year. THey added weapons. But we know that your trade got turned down so you are a little bitter. Dont worry, you still have the squirrel.
Reggie Wayne.

dude I'm not going to veto it, yes I don't agree with it but if it's what y'all want to do then go for it, it's just fantasy football. It's not like my dreams are crushed lol

Im not being rude. Im stating facts which was exactly what you tried to when you said they were splitting carries. Which is false according to what all the local news is reporting.

I was referring to the ehh try again, and of course you would say that hen you were trying to make a trade with the same team. But it's cool just everything I have read said they took the bye week to get Huggins and Blount up to speed to get them in the offense.

Going with that strategy the a Trade of D. McFadden for C. Johnson is a fair trade too.

Going with that strategy the a Trade of D. McFadden for C. Johnson is a fair trade too.

I didnt say the points were everything, I said look at them.

But if you want to compare the trade we made to that one. By all means have at it.

Here is the deal. I don't value Rice like I did when I drafted him. I was deciding between him and Gore. I picked the wrong dude. I made a huge mistake in drafting, basically I pulled a Matt Millen.

I've participated in FF for a long time. I know when trades look lopsided and looking outside/in it could very well look that way. My team has holes and this helps. Rice wasnt winning me games and honestly I need someone I can count on. I believe Harvin will be a consistant guy. Regardless of who throws to him, he makes plays. His numbers arent outstanding now but I gotta take a chance, especially with the bye week and the Vikings having a chance to get it together.

The Ravens arent a running team. Rice doesnt even get allt he dump offs he used too. I played the wrong angle with my hopes for his success. He will ball out this year at some point but I can't be waiting.

I had other trade offers and they just didnt work out. If anyone feels upset about it I apologize but I had to do what's best for my team and I didnt see the other things happening. It's just another day in fantasy football :)

**Shaking my fist** lol.
Reggie Wayne.

dude I'm not going to veto it, yes I don't agree with it but if it's what y'all want to do then go for it, it's just fantasy football. It's not like my dreams are crushed lol

Bad part is I dont know if Rex will clear waivers.

Back