THP Invitational #1 - Atlanta, GA - November, 2012

I may have missed this but will there be any ideas where the other sites are going to be?

This is going to be a great event. I love the idea of the two man teams. I can't wait to hear more info and future dates.

John Deere Tap'n

Boom goes the dynamite.

Time to clear the November calendar.

The 3rd or the 17th. Please not the 10th or 24th. The 10th is Auburn vs uga. That is a big weekend for lots of people in Atlanta area on both sides.

No offense to the Auburn crowd (looking in your general direction, WE), but I suspect the UGA/Auburn game will be DVR-worthy this year.

I can't imagine the Atlanta Invitational will be on 11/24 since that's Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

The 3rd or the 17th. Please not the 10th or 24th. The 10th is Auburn vs uga. That is a big weekend for lots of people in Atlanta area on both sides.

I mean no disrespect to those that follow the games and are huge fans, but THP will never be able to schedule things around college football games. It just cannot happen and while we appreciate the fans of different sports, THP is about golf and their special events are a little more rare.

Nothing better than Fall golf in ATL. I'm liking the 10th

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format in which you will play your own golf ball. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women of all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).

Very cool idea, JB.

On the format I assume it is stroke play? Or will that be determined on how many people participate?
On the skill level, is the competition straight up?

Man I am excited, love the format and I just looked at my calendar, all of November works for me. :thumb:

Very cool idea, JB.

On the format I assume it is stroke play? Or will that be determined on how many people participate?
On the skill level, is the competition straight up?

All in due time, but I can tell everybody without a shadow of a doubt, ALL skill levels will be able to play and compete.

Guys, please give us input on the question we asked about dates if you are thinking about attending. Thank you.

I'd probably be in for any weekend other than Thanksgiving weekend (and maybe even then too). The temperatures would probably be warmer earlier in the month than later, but it's hit or miss. Weather channel says average high is about 68 early in the month and 61 late in the month. If it's a predominantly bermuda course, the later in the month, the more likely that it is brown and dormant. Depending on the schedule, also remember the time changes back on Sunday, November 4th.

AD showing his true colors, good man!
I'd probably be in for any weekend other than Thanksgiving weekend (and maybe even then too). The temperatures would probably be warmer earlier in the month than later, but it's hit or miss. Weather channel says average high is about 68 early in the month and 61 late in the month. If it's a predominantly bermuda course, the later in the month, the more likely that it is brown and dormant. Depending on the schedule, also remember the time changes back on Sunday, November 4th.

I mean no disrespect to those that follow the games and are huge fans, but THP will never be able to schedule things around college football games. It just cannot happen and while we appreciate the fans of different sports, THP is about golf and their special events are a little more rare.
you asked for input...

Any date in November is good guys. Looks like I will be making a trip back to ATL. Got to start working more this month instead of golfing to get ahead on money. This plus the Reunion outing signups has me thinking of nothing other than THP golf.

Makes me jealous for not living in Atlanta!

you asked for input...

I did and you provided it, so I only felt it was right to offer our answer. We want to hear when everybody is available, while at the same time, please understand that we cannot choose dates of our events solely because a college football team has a game during the week, because frankly every Saturday for half the year would be off limits.

Those that really want to be a part of something like this would skip a football game. Others are more interested in the game than a THP event. It is completely up to the individual. What we can say is that there are lots of football games in an area, but THP will not have another Invitational in the same area in a year.

Two man teams is a brilliant format. That kind of ensures that everyone gets the most out of the event.

the 3rd works best for me, but i will try and make it whenever it is.

Being in the beverage alcohol business we are blacked out Nov/Dec and work most weekends for tastings. Enjoy everyone in attendence sure it will be an awesome time!

AD showing his true colors, good man!

If there is a THP event within 3 hours of my house, I will be there short of a catastrophe.

PS - You stole my banner :act-up:...playing around at work this morning.

I did and you provided it, so I only felt it was right to offer our answer. We want to hear when everybody is available, while at the same time, please understand that we cannot choose dates of our events solely because a college football team has a game during the week, because frankly every Saturday for half the year would be off limits.

Those that really want to be a part of something like this would skip a football game. Others are more interested in the game than a THP event. It is completely up to the individual. What we can say is that there are lots of football games in an area, but THP will not have another Invitational in the same area in a year.

Auburn/UGA is in Auburn this year anyway...only consideration with that is I'm not sure how far up 85 the hotels/areas are overrun with attendees, if any SW Atlanta golf courses are being considered.

As far as dates go, I agree with many on here that the weekends of November 3 and 10. The weather here is usually pretty good in the fall, but temperatures get a little iffy towards the end of November.

Oh, man. I can't wait for this. I will be doing everything in my power to get there for sure!

Great stuff! Wont miss this one!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Back