THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
71??? We will need the entire day's tee times! Never closed out an entire course myself.

72 would be better. That would be 18 tee times. We would probably even be able to do a tournament rate with all the extras.

There was 70 at the demo day right? Let's go for 71! hahaha

71??? We will need the entire day's tee times! Never closed out an entire course myself.

I'm down with that, the more the merrier. May have to get someone on top of the clubhouse to take a group picture, lol.

Clubhouse?? That many may need one of the helicopter pilots that they use for driving shows like Top Gear. We'll just get them for the entire day and they can film us all from over head and in flyover.

70+ in Iowa, wouldn't that be more like a two day schedule?

70+ in Iowa, wouldn't that be more like a two day schedule?

It is a two day schedule. Saturday and Sunday morning. Most likely the Sunday rounds would have a lot less people.

And I'm half joking about 70+ people for this event. I only picked that because that's how many were at the demo day and outing in Florida last month.

30 or 40 would be more likely.

LOL, I meant 70+ in one day would be equivalent to a two day schedule for the corn huskers. I can imply, in my mind, since I grew up in that area and went to college practically on the border of Missouri and Iowa. Yes, we did cow tip!

Edit: Planned on playing Sunday as well since it won't take me a week to travel down to St. Louis. (Ponder still in progress)

LOL, I meant 70+ in one day would be equivalent to a two day schedule for the corn huskers. I can imply, in my mind, since I grew up in that area and went to college practically on the border of Missouri and Iowa. Yes, we did cow tip!

Edit: Planned on playing Sunday as well since it won't take me a week to travel down to St. Louis. (Ponder still in progress)

Corn Huskers would be Nebraska, but how much do you have to tip cow's?

LOL, this I know, but didn't want to bring in yet another state. Plenty to shuck in Iowa and can't forget about the milo and beans as well, and as far as tippin, a lot for the first. Once you've tipped one and then find out that it had a calf running for your life and being close lined by an electric fence trying to duck under? A few more, but it's all in the wrist? :drinks:

So awesome to see all the enthusiasm for this I think it's gonna be a blast.

Seemed like someone else from KC was going to do a day trip as well. runpuddrun maybe?
Haven't' quite decided yet. I will for sure be going up, just don't know if I can swing both Sat and Sun.

Didn't take the time to multi quote here.

No, Iowa State Troopers do not have a sense of humor when it comes to OUT OF STATE speeders. I've driven 77 multiple times and not had any issues. Of course, every once in awhile.......there was one time, late night with my wife and probably 2 month old son. We were coming back from a wedding in Des Moines. I get pulled over for driving 72 in a 70. Ok, whatever. Oh, and a headlight is out. Ok, didn't know that, thanks for telling me. Then the trooper actually takes the time to write me a WRITTEN warning. Meanwhile, our son is crying, probably because he was starving. My wife starts flipping out. Basically tells the trooper she has to feed the baby right this instant. So, she fed him the way only a mother can. I was still just mind blown that the trooper took the 8 minutes to write me a written warning for 2 miles over the limit. But in all fairness to the trooper, she sat behind us on the shoulder of the interstate until after my wife was done feeding our son. So I guess that was nice.

Ok, yes, that story came from nowhere, and sort of dragged on. May have also been TMI, who knows.

Anyways, Janitor4u, where are you from on the Iowa Missouri border? I currently live in Corydon, which is also where I grew up. It's south central, probably 10 miles north of the Iowa Missouri border.

I think if this event were to eclipse 75 people, we should definitely get the Metlife blimp.

~Rock

You get both quantity and quality with High Life. It is the Champagne of Beers. Says so right on the label.
Go easy guys...y'all don't want to be bullfrogging it. Lol

Sent from my DROID X2

Anyways, Janitor4u, where are you from on the Iowa Missouri border? I currently live in Corydon, which is also where I grew up. It's south central, probably 10 miles north of the Iowa Missouri border.

~Rock

Not really from around the border, went to College at NWMSU and very close to the border. This was where my first experience with tippin occured, and honestly probably the last, ha. First few years of my existence was in Bethany, MO and the majority in Kearney, MO (Just north of KC) before moving out of state.

Blimp or no blimp, I think this will be a good showing!

The blimp would be awesome!! However a hot air ballon may be more of our budget. I mean there has been talked of miller high life.LOL

Last edited:
So awesome to see all the enthusiasm for this I think it's gonna be a blast.

I don't think there have been this many people excited about going to Iowa at one time before!

Yeah, I dont know what that means.
Bullfrog had too good of time Fri. nite of the outing & was throwing up Sat. am for the 1st 3 holes & had to quit..retired to room & didnt see him till Sunday morning.

Sent from my DROID X2

Bullfrog had too good of time Fri. nite of the outing & was throwing up Sat. am for the 1st 3 holes & had to quit..retired to room & didnt see him till Sunday morning.

Sent from my DROID X2
That's awesome!!!

Depends on who's point of view. Lol

Sent from my DROID X2

Why is this thread quiet????

You know how amazing this is going to be?

Why is this thread quiet????

You know how amazing this is going to be?

Everyone's out practicing their game to be ready, they know you are going to go low on that course. I'm heading out soon myself, lol.

Everyone's out practicing their game to be ready, they know you are going to go low on that course. I'm heading out soon myself, lol.

I will probably throw up a 90 dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back