Tiger Woods New Sponsor

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He no longer is pitching for Gillette as you might have guessed by the beard thingy he had going on, but according to the AP, Tiger Woods has a new sponsor.

A Japanese heat rub is his latest endorsement and commercials will begin airing over there next month.

Must restrain.....hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
How...ummmm......appropriate. Sales should do well.

NAGOYA, Japan (AP) — Tiger Woods has been hired as a pitchman for a Japanese heat rub used to relieve muscle and joint pain.

"Kowa Company Ltd. is pleased to announce the use of Tiger Woods as the image character of Antiphlogistic Analgetic Vantelin Kowa series," the Nagoya-based company said in a press release.

The TV commercial with Woods will debut nationally in Japan from mid-July.

Woods has not played since May 12, when he withdrew after nine holes from The Players Championship with knee and Achilles injuries. He said on Tuesday he had no planned timetable for his return, and it would only be when he was 100 percent.

Boston Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, who is sidelined after elbow reconstruction surgery, has also promoted the Vantelin heat rub on Japanese TV.

It isn't the first time Woods has promoted products in Japan. He also appeared in TV commercials for canned iced coffee in the late 90s.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2080470,00.html#ixzz1QfcPRsiE

Neat stuff. That beard was weak. I loved the line this morning,

"It took me a month to grow this thing. Im asian, and we dont really grow beards."

A heat rub you say....:deadhorse::deadhorse:

haha good job restraining yourself JB. Yes TW and Heat Rub will make a good team.:devil:

It must keep something warm :in-love:

Hmmm, used to be the face of Gatorade and other prominent companies and now we're talking Heat Rubs....seems about appropriate the way things have been going for him.

Well I guess when you're not playing and you ex took all your money you've gotta go some where.

A heat rub huh? Well with all the women I guess Bengay just wouldnt be appropriate?

Last edited:
Oh dear! Will he put the logo on the bag? I can't imagine it'll go on the hat or shirt sleeve... I think he's not too proud to take the money, but I think he might be too proud to display it anywhere other than via commercial I think.

Hmmm, used to be the face of Gatorade and other prominent companies and now we're talking Heat Rubs....seems about appropriate the way things have been going for him.
Yeah, no kidding.

He know longer is pitching for Gillette as you might have guessed by the beard thingy he had going on, but according to the AP, Tiger Woods has a new sponsor.

A Japanese heat rub is his latest endorsement and commercials will begin airing over there next month.

Must restrain.....hehe

Sometimes the jokes are just too easy! Takes all the fun out of it.

Neat stuff. That beard was weak. I loved the line this morning,

"It took me a month to grow this thing. Im asian, and we dont really grow beards."

tis true...it takes me weeks to grow facial hair and only takes my non-Asian friends days.

This could be pricless. I can see Tigers tag line now, "No body Loves Me Like Me"!

how the mighty have fallen. I'm sure he is getting paid well for this sponsorship, but three years ago he probably would have laughed at this offer.

Not a bad endorsement deal for the 17th ranked golfer in the world.

Not a bad endorsement deal for the 17th ranked golfer in the world.

Lmao...... You just love pointing that out don't you TC....lol

A heat rub? Won't that make you go blind?

Really? Is that what your mom told you?

My mom said it would fall off.

HAHA to both of you.. I like it

But on a more serious note:

Can you blame the guy? He will make millions to endorse some Japenese product that he more than likely wont ever use. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Can you blame the guy? He will make millions to endorse some Japenese product that he more than likely wont ever use. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Depends on how you look at it and how much just pimping out your name means. To some, it means more than to others. For others, it is only about the money. There are a lot of fans of sports stars today that look at the dollars signs only. There are others that look at other things. Its different for every person and how they view things.

Back