Tiger Woods - Turkish Match Play?

I think this is going to be fun. nice little match play exhbition between the top 8 golfers in the world in the middle of the week in october. I really think this is going to be fun and it will be a good thing for golf.

The accenture match play is definitely better as a real event but one of the "negative's" for golf's out of market appeal is that you don't always get those made for tv matchup's like you do in other sports. One of the things that made lee westwood v. rory mcilroy in the semi finals so appealing to the sportscenter crowd (or any of the famous duels coming down the stretch at majors, ala watson-nicklaus at turnberry) is that because of how the game of golf is, it doesn't always get those headline heavyweight match ups.

I think this great because randomly on a tuesday-friday in october (when nothing is happening in the u.s. outside of football and this won't interfere with and be drowned out by football because of it) golf will get a made for tv match play exhbition with heavyweight names that should draw some mass apeal. I think this can't be anything but good for the game.

That is a great line up for a match play event I'm already excited about it

I never said that. I said I was curious as to what his appearance fee was and that he probably could have gotten whatever he wanted.

My post wasn't responding to yours

Tiger gets a sweet 6 mill bonus to lose in the first round and go home.. Ha

Now the Turk's will be trying to lure the top eight players each year, which means those top eight or whoever agrees to attend will miss that many more tour events due to travel and other logistics.

Turkey isn't exactly in the middle of nowhere, it's easily accessible so I don't see them missing more events. They go to China for a week, that's got to be harder to get to - yet the appearance money seems to win over logistics.

Turkey isn't exactly in the middle of nowhere, it's easily accessible so I don't see them missing more events. They go to China for a week, that's got to be harder to get to - yet the appearance money seems to win over logistics.

True - Traveling to Turkey is not much different that going to Dubia or Qatar.

traveling in your first class private jet isn't exactly the red eye to cleveland in coach either

Results from today in the spoiler.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Kuchar D. McIlroy
Schwartzel D. Woods
Westwood D. W. Simpson
Rose D. Mahan

golf channel isn't showing any of this, are they?

Its round robin they all play at least 2 more matches.

I am half-Turkish and I am proud that 8 of the top golfers are coming to Turkey to play and that the event will be in the 2013 European Tour. I can't wait to see it.

Weird that it isnt being shown... maybe they were asking too much for the TV rights.

Rose beats Tiger by a stroke, and Westwood shoots a 61 with a double bogey on the card to annihilate Schwartzel. Rose vs Westy for the final match.

Rose beats Tiger by a stroke, and Westwood shoots a 61 with a double bogey on the card to annihilate Schwartzel. Rose vs Westy for the final match.

Not surprised Westwood plays well in this event, he always does in the small field money grabs I mean tournaments.

Not surprised Westwood plays well in this event, he always does in the small field money grabs I mean tournaments.

LMAO! Silly Lee.

Lee's spiritual home is as close to Asia as he can get. He's comfortable there. Also in white shorts.

If they ever play the us open in malaysia and players are allowed to wear shorts, moobs is a shoe in to finally get that first major

Big names battling for the big bucks

Back