Tiger Woods Vs Rory McIlroy - More Wins in 2013?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP loves to hear predictions, so this should be a fun one. Who will have more wins in 2013 and why?

Tiger. I have no reason, but I think he will win more than Rory, whatever the number is.

Worldwide wins? Rory by 3. He'll win 5 in Europe, 3 in America, 1 in the Far East.

Just on the PGA tour, I'd give it to Tiger.

Tiger. He is coming into good form again. Rory wil be to busy getting used to his new Nike Covert driver and irons.

PGA wins I think Tiger takes it. I bet Rory wins a major while Tiger fails to win one.

I'm gonna say Tiger. In the past Irishmen who change sponsors havn't played to well the following year. Gmac had one of his worst years ever after leaving Callaway for Cleveland

Hmm, Tiger had 3 this year
Rory had 2

Next year my guess is Rory has 3 and Tiger has 2. I think competition will get tougher, and Tiger is getting older wins will be at a premium and Rory hasnt even hit his prime yet and I think he can realistically win 3+

Edit: Im going on wins here in the US (and the Open)

Rory, just because I think he plays a larger schedule of tournaments thereby giving more opportunity to win.

I'll take Tiger. Rory will have a good year but with the new equipment idk if he will win hehe

I am going to say Rory but I dont know why. Just a hunch.

Tiger, I enjoy watching golf more when he wins and want to enjoy watching golf more in 2013 :alien:

Interesting question. With Rory expected to go through some equipment changes, etc I think he will have a ton on his plate. TW showed the ability to take over a tourney in 2012 like he had done in years prior but also consistently battles "swing issues".

With all that said, Rory wins 5 times world wide and TW wins 3 times world wide. They each get 1 major this year.

Interesting question. With Rory expected to go through some equipment changes, etc I think he will have a ton on his plate. TW showed the ability to take over a tourney in 2012 like he had done in years prior but also consistently battles "swing issues".

With all that said, Rory wins 5 times world wide and TW wins 3 times world wide. They each get 1 major this year.

Do you really think TW has it in him to win a major and if so which one???

I gonna go with the push...PGA tour 4 and 4 with 1 major each. Because of comments made and Rory's new deal I think he will play a lesser schedule in Europe and pick up a few in the US. Just my 2 cents! Oh and Tiger with a fairly succesful year with a new more body friendly swing and another year removed from his off course stupidity and I think he builds from it.

I think Tiger is going to have more wins, He will be intimidated by Tiger's superiority lol (JK)

Rory, he has more talent and has proven his potential and upside is no fluke!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Rory. Simply because right now he is the better golfer.

Yeah I think Rory is way more consistent and Tiger seems like he has personal issues in the way-seems a bit distracted, so I say Rors

I think Tiger will have more PGA wins, and Rory will have more worldwide wins.

Do you really think TW has it in him to win a major and if so which one???

I do...but will post that info in the majors thread that was created.

Tiger, I believe he is getting back is his mojo (no pun intended) and Rory is still on his way to his true potential. Rory will win, several times, and a major if not more, but Tiger will be fist pumping a lot on the PGA Tour.

I say Tiger gets at least 4 ( thinking 6 with 2 majors) and Rory 2 at max (thinking 0). My Rory thinking is purely gut, can't explain (though hope wrong, I love the kid). Tiger I think is just getting better (in my brain I'm picturing a graph his performance on a big upswing since hitting the fire hydrant and losing his desire).

Tiger wins more and here is why. As we get older we take longer to heal and things don't come as quickly as they once did.
His new swing is almost there as is his putting. This change took twice as long as the last but it's almost there.

Plus Rory has new gear that people can use as an excuse.

Back