Tiger Woods Wins WGC Bridgestone Invitational

#Worldrankingpoints

Elite field, hard to bring home that trophy every year

Crock!
Guaranteed with another "host", this tournament has no world ranking points and dissolves.

Nice seeing a tour pro win with a bunch of equipment I'm familiar with. Except for than Covert driver. Looks sessy though.

5a9yra7u.jpg
Crazy statistic!

Man I feel like I need a Covert now...

Crock!
Guaranteed with another "host", this tournament has no world ranking points and dissolves.

Just embrace the victory red my friend. Although that second rate tournament in South Africa gets WR Points...

Just embrace the victory red my friend. Although that second rate tournament in South Africa gets WR Points...

Neither should. Its crazy. Heck, the Chevron has the Foundation choosing some of the field.
It would not matter to me if it was Woods, or any other top player, it should not have WR implications. Heck, the prize money does not even count towards the leaderboard of any tour.

Neither should. Its crazy. Heck, the Chevron has the Foundation choosing some of the field.
It would not matter to me if it was Woods, or any other top player, it should not have WR implications. Heck, the prize money does not even count towards the leaderboard of any tour.

Officially, I agree. 16 person fields shouldn't have WR points. The fact they do is why they get the field they do. It's a crock but that's why it gets the coverage and the press it does for a silly season event.

Unofficially, obviously strength of fields deserves them. What hacks can Tiger beat because he's awesome? That's the field.

So question... What does this mean for the Vardon Trophy

So question... What does this mean for the Vardon Trophy

I think its completely dependent of the PGA and a select few other events. If one of the other major winners wins a 2nd, its a lock for them.

Vardon trophy is for scoring...

I think its completely dependent of the PGA and a select few other events. If one of the other major winners wins a 2nd, its a lock for them.
That's true, or makes a serious run through the FedEx cup.

Vardon trophy is for scoring...
I know it is, Tiger is 3 shots ahead of everyone else, but if you take away the events that are being discussed then where is he? It seems like POY and the Vardon go hand in hand most years

Palmer is money, Vardon is scoring, PGA PYOR is something different I think?

Woods’ 18 victories WGCs are more than every other player in the current top-50 on the Official World Golf Ranking combined. Nos. 2 through 50 have a total of 17.

Woods’ 18 victories WGCs are more than every other player in the current top-50 on the Official World Golf Ranking combined. Nos. 2 through 50 have a total of 17.

That is impressive. Quite dominating. I wonder how many others would have if they did these back in the day. Obviously Nicklaus would be there at the top too. Wonder how other golfers would fare.

That is impressive. Quite dominating. I wonder how many others would have if they did these back in the day. Obviously Nicklaus would be there at the top too. Wonder how other golfers would fare.

Might throw Norman in that mix?

Did anyone else think he looked way more relaxed in this tourney from day one?

Tiger went HAM. And he had a Covert driver. I bet he would've won by even more if he played Titleist though.

Tiger went HAM. And he had a Covert driver. I bet he would've won by even more if he played Titleist though.

Hahahaha.

Thought no reasonable human being anywhere.

Might throw Norman in that mix?

I dunno, Norman was #1 for the second most of anyone, but only won two majors and only 33rd all-time in PGA Tour wins. WGC events aren't majors, but are pretty high profile. I'm thinking it might be more in line with the top majors winners.

Unfortunately for tiger he has never been great at hitting fairways. His best year (with a Nike SQ) was 72 percent. With the titleist driver he had before the equipment deal he never topped 70 percent. I don't think his equipment is the problem. He's always "struggled" with Fairways.

Just think how his scorecard would look if he hit 14/14 on every round. It would be scary to play against him.

Am I missing something here :

Irons: Nike VR Pro Blade (3-PW)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro (56 and 60 degree)

PW Loft is 47 degrees. That leaves 9 degrees between his 56 and PW. Does he work his 56 for the entire gap or is the WITB missing a wedge?

Back