Titleist 714 Irons Preview

Nice thoughts guys. I still haven't seen these in person yet. Hoping this weekend

Hit the AP2 with xp95 s300's

remarkable feel and sound, until you hit one low on the toe=sting not bad but you feel it

distance longer than my Ci's by a half a club or so,

forgiveness low on the face was good distance wise a little short as would be expected

Also hit the 712 with s300's lower launch(shaft pairing) same feel, distance same

I have the Ap2 712's. They still look basically new and I still love them. In your opinion, is it worth going for the 714's when I don't NEED new clubs?

I have the Ap2 712's. They still look basically new and I still love them. In your opinion, is it worth going for the 714's when I don't NEED new clubs?

Those AP2's look sweet, but they always have! Titleist has a winner on their hands for sure, but there isn't much difference between the 712 AP2's and the 714 AP2's. From what I've read, the 714 AP2 promotes lower ball flight with less spin to that Titleist says "appeals to the stronger player" and have lower spin than your 712's. Soooo if that's what your looking for, basically the main difference in the club, other than minor look, is the 714's should be just a tad longer, with a more of lower trajectory. By tad longer, I've seen about 5 yards in most testing/online results.

Those AP2's look sweet, but they always have! Titleist has a winner on their hands for sure, but there isn't much difference between the 712 AP2's and the 714 AP2's. From what I've read, the 714 AP2 promotes lower ball flight with less spin to that Titleist says "appeals to the stronger player" and have lower spin than your 712's. Soooo if that's what your looking for, basically the main difference in the club, other than minor look, is the 714's should be just a tad longer, with a more of lower trajectory. By tad longer, I've seen about 5 yards in most testing/online results.

Good info dude. Thanks for this!

Think I'll wait until it becomes a NEED then. They do look fantastic though! I personally like a little higher trajectory. As far as the 5 yard gain in distance, I find distance to be overrated. I'd rather have these new clubs claim to hit it with more accuracy than to hit it further :act-up:

On an unrelated note... maybe someone on these boards can tell me where I can find some nice Titleist iron covers or somewhere you can design your own? I found some that I kind of liked @ http://golfclubcovers.for-sale-today.com but something about the site makes me nervous. Anyone ever dealt with these people?

The AP2 sure look good. Lots if great looking iron sets this year might have to get a new set after some head to head competition

I'm really digging the new line, especially the AP1. I like how they have cleaned it up, the 710's were horrific looking IMO. I gamed a set of AP2 710s a couple years ago and got rid of them for who knows why.... I will definitely have a set of the AP2s again at some point. If they're all the same, I personally like the 712 look the best, but I'm also a huge Titleist fan.

Titleist 714 Irons Preview

From what I was told the tour guys said to change as little as possible between the 712 and 714 AP2's. if you don't need new irons I wouldn't make the switch unless you want new and the recoils I will have more info on the two come thanksgiving as I will be doing a fitting on the 23rd

Edited-would to wouldn't

Last edited:
I have to admit that these are the first Titleist irons I have ever given thought to. I haven't had a chance to swing them, but the pictures and initial thoughts seem incredibly appealing.

I had a chance to get a fitting for some 714 ap2's and all I can say is awsome. Club was smooth and workable with just the right amount of forgiveness. It doesn't hurt that they look really sweet as well. Will be gameing these in the near future .

That's awesome dannyrod, very jealous:) still have to wait a couple of weeks till they are released here in NZ. I'm tossing up between ap1-ap2 or even a blend set. Did u have a hit with any of the ap1 714? Any thoughts on them? Cheers mate

That's awesome dannyrod, very jealous:) still have to wait a couple of weeks till they are released here in NZ. I'm tossing up between ap1-ap2 or even a blend set. Did u have a hit with any of the ap1 714? Any thoughts on them? Cheers mate

My questions exactly.

I did not hit the ap1. Was really only interested in the ap2. Fitter has the ap1 head and all I can say is its sweet looking.

The more I think about these the more I am leaning AP 2. I'm just not sure if I want to go AP1 4 and 5 iron or not.....

The more I think about these the more I am leaning AP 2. I'm just not sure if I want to go AP1 4 and 5 iron or not.....

I know a lot of people that do this or at least talk about doing this... my question is why? I guess I'm newer to the Titleist clubs but I find that their 3/4/5 irons (AP2) are much easier to hit than previous sets I owned. What's the main advantage in bagging the the AP1's in the 3/4/5? even easier? distance? loft? accuracy?

I know a lot of people that do this or at least talk about doing this... my question is why? I guess I'm newer to the Titleist clubs but I find that their 3/4/5 irons (AP2) are much easier to hit than previous sets I owned. What's the main advantage in bagging the the AP1's in the 3/4/5? even easier? distance? loft? accuracy?

Great question! I have no idea! I have never hit them. I am just looking to get a set that is more forgiving than my current blades and blade combo set. If (when) I hit them and I like the 4/5, I will stay with them. Leaning straight AP 2 set right now.

Got to hit these yesterday (AP1 AND AP2). Overall very impressed.

AP1 Less offset than I initially thought. Feel was good. Sound was slightly clicky - whatever that means. Above average distance and a smaller top line than I anticipated, but still thicker than I am used to. Really a solid offering in the GI category IMO. Club head is mid size in my opinion. Not as large as some I have seen but larger than all irons I have gamed. Stock shaft was much too light for me.

AP2 Money. Simply Money. Amazing feel and excellent distance. Slim top line but not blade thin. Larger face than I expected but not distactingly so. You know you are not looking at a blade, but this isn't offputting- just confidence building. Just a really good size clubhead. Really really forgiving towards the toe are (which is huge as that is my miss). Solid stock shaft offering (although I would have preferred a PX myself). Stock Lie angle fit me perfectly. These just JUMPED up the list of irons for me for next season. Originally thought about a combo set between these two. After hitting them, I would be in the market for straight AP2's.

We will have new threads on these irons coming up soon as THP will be reviewing each set.

We will have new threads on these irons coming up soon as THP will be reviewing each set.

Great news JB. I will save my other thoughts for those threads then. Can't wait to hear other peoples takes on these.

All 4 lines?

AP line first and then most likely the other 2 after.

Nice be very interested in the thoughts from the CB/MB line but the AP line will make a great review subject and love seeing the increased presence of Titleist in reviews on the forum.

This is awesome I'm very impressed with the AP2's when I hit them a couple weeks ago.

I love seeing Titleist being involved in the reviews and forum.

I will send you my specs!

I hit the APs today off the grass at a local range. Used the PX 6.0....currently playing Adams Idea pro with 6.5s. I really wanted to prefer the AP1s because I would like more forgiveness but the AP2s were so much better. They felt very comfortable in my hand, to my eye, and were great when I put a good swing on it. I have a fairly steep AOA so I was worried about the low bounce compared to the Pings I was demoing as well. For some reason the divots were better than the i20s. Hit the KBS stiff in the i20 and it felt awful to me. I've heard great things about the G25s and now I understand the rage. They didnt feel as pure as the AP2s but I hit them incredibly straight. I was also hitting the G25 7 iron as far as the AP2 6 iron for some reason
Decisions!!!!! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to hit these yesterday (AP1 AND AP2). Overall very impressed.

AP1 Less offset than I initially thought. Feel was good. Sound was slightly clicky - whatever that means. Above average distance and a smaller top line than I anticipated, but still thicker than I am used to. Really a solid offering in the GI category IMO. Club head is mid size in my opinion. Not as large as some I have seen but larger than all irons I have gamed. Stock shaft was much too light for me.

AP2 Money. Simply Money. Amazing feel and excellent distance. Slim top line but not blade thin. Larger face than I expected but not distactingly so. You know you are not looking at a blade, but this isn't offputting- just confidence building. Just a really good size clubhead. Really really forgiving towards the toe are (which is huge as that is my miss). Solid stock shaft offering (although I would have preferred a PX myself). Stock Lie angle fit me perfectly. These just JUMPED up the list of irons for me for next season. Originally thought about a combo set between these two. After hitting them, I would be in the market for straight AP2's.

Great feedback buddy. I'm glad you finally got to hit them!

Back