Titleist 816 H1/H2 Review Thread

First range session in the books with this tonight. Really happy with how I was hitting it. Right now I have it set at 24 and was seeing a much better ball flight them my long irons. My best hits would rival my divine 9. I am super impressed with how forgiving it is and just how easy it was to hit.
I ended up setting an appointment with the titliest Thursday page for this coming Thursday. I want to try to find a longer one to add to the bag.
Also need to pickup a wrench so that I can adjust it. I tried using the callaway wrench that I thought would work and it doesn't feel like it's working right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really really glad you're enjoying your time with the h1! I'm glad it's not just me and it's not a honeymoon phase because I'm still enjoying the heck out of this club!

Really really glad you're enjoying your time with the h1! I'm glad it's not just me and it's not a honeymoon phase because I'm still enjoying the heck out of this club!

It was really good. Took me a couple swings to get it figured out and fit but after that it was fun. So much more consistent flight wise. I really am thinking about picking up a 19 or 21 to add to the bag.
Honestly never thought I would have a hybrid in my bag this year.

It wasn't just you buddy. I have yet to speak to anyone that has hit these, that isn't an immediate fan.

This thread is trouble. It's only a matter time and I'll have one in the bag.

It wasn't just you buddy. I have yet to speak to anyone that has hit these, that isn't an immediate fan.
Same here. My two regular playing partners both dropped their Ping hybos for this one after hitting mine. It like beating a dead horse but it just amazing to me how easy they are to hit.

Haha if the thread is trouble definitely don't demo them!

Once you try them the matter of time will be even shorter...:D

Ordered a h1 off the bay 19* cant wait to get it!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

They are awesome. You will love it. It's only a matter of time till I get another one.

They are awesome. You will love it. It's only a matter of time till I get another one.

I agree with all the above.

You'll have to let us know your thoughts when you get it in! What shaft did you go with?

First round with the 23 today. Really happy with it. Pulled it on 3 shots and all 3 had decently good results for me. Weirdest thing is that it goes straight which I'm not used to. Think it fits my gap pretty well. Such an easy club to hit.

First round with the 19 today. Only got to hit it once. Wasnt a great swing but it did get the job done.

First round with the 23 today. Really happy with it. Pulled it on 3 shots and all 3 had decently good results for me. Weirdest thing is that it goes straight which I'm not used to. Think it fits my gap pretty well. Such an easy club to hit.

That's something I've had to get used to with it as well. Stock shot shape is a high draw but I've noticed with this club the ball just tends to stay really really straight on whatever line I take. It's not a bad thing at all.

That's something I've had to get used to with it as well. Stock shot shape is a high draw but I've noticed with this club the ball just tends to stay really really straight on whatever line I take. It's not a bad thing at all.

No not at all. It's really weird for me to see a high straight ball flight off the deck. My first 2 shots both went right of the green but pin high and then my 3rd shot I figured it out and got it onto the green.

Haha if the thread is trouble definitely don't demo them!

Once you try them the matter of time will be even shorter...:D

I know was warned, but I found one of these bad boys to demo (being LH makes things a bit more difficult). So easy to hit! I'll definitely be adding the 25* at the very least.

I know was warned, but I found one of these bad boys to demo (being LH makes things a bit more difficult). So easy to hit! I'll definitely be adding the 25* at the very least.

Awesome clubs. I have the 23 and will probly add another one here soon. Sooo easy to hit even for me.

Awesome clubs. I have the 23 and will probly add another one here soon. Sooo easy to hit even for me.

I'll probably add either a 21* or 23* as well. Depends on how it gaps with the HW.

I'll probably add either a 21* or 23* as well. Depends on how it gaps with the HW.

Yea I'm thinking either the 19 or 21 if it can beat out my divine 9.

I've started using mine more and more on par 5 2nd shots as it is much more reliable than my 3w and not a ton shorter. Love it our the short rough and better out of the fairway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL. I hear you guys. After my second one arrived I put a picture of the two on Instagram with the caption,"because having only one 816 H1 just isn't enough"

so true, now this short hitter feels like a third one might be needed.

I was bummed I didn't get to hit mine today lol. My home course has 4 par 5s I usually get to hit the H1 on but on both par 5s on the back I obliterated my drives so I had a 4 iron on 1 and 5 iron on the other where I usually hit the H1 it's just a really fun club to play.

I was bummed I didn't get to hit mine today lol. My home course has 4 par 5s I usually get to hit the H1 on but on both par 5s on the back I obliterated my drives so I had a 4 iron on 1 and 5 iron on the other where I usually hit the H1 it's just a really fun club to play.
I know exactly how you feel. My 23 is about 160 to 170i'sh club for me. Whenever I'm 150 (6 iron) or so out, I almost wish I was 10 to 15 yards further out, so I could hit the H1, that's how much confidence I have in it.

Played the 19* h1 yesterday. Had 227 carry into the wind to a down hill green put it to 14 ft. Missed the eagle but was a tap in birdie. Hit the green and stopped 8 inches from pitch mark.

Played the 19* h1 yesterday. Had 227 carry into the wind to a down hill green put it to 14 ft. Missed the eagle but was a tap in birdie. Hit the green and stopped 8 inches from pitch mark.

That's a game I'm unfamiliar with :D But nicely done!!

Back