Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Thanks Colt, that is great info on the shafts - I will print it before I go in again - basically I have just been screwing around in the golf shop and the D2 keeps bringing me back - yes lots of shaft options - I may get fitted for Christmas so I am waiting to see!

No problem. Titleist has probably close to 50 or so shafts to choose from. Those are just the ones that come free with no up charge.

No problem. Titleist has probably close to 50 or so shafts to choose from. Those are just the ones that come free with no up charge.

Do you know off hand if they sell the shafts separate with the sleeves already attached?

great info colt, thanks for sharing!

Thanks Colt, that is great info on the shafts - I will print it before I go in again - basically I have just been screwing around in the golf shop and the D2 keeps bringing me back - yes lots of shaft options - I may get fitted for Christmas so I am waiting to see!

FWIW Titleist also has some of the best shaft upgrade prices in the business should a fitter decide you need something non-standard.

Do you know off hand if they sell the shafts separate with the sleeves already attached?

Most Titleist partners can get these for you. There are a couple that offer better prices then others.

Most Titleist partners can get these for you. There are a couple that offer better prices then others.

Yep. Matrix sells them directly from their website with the tips attached, too.

Yep. Matrix sells them directly from their website with the tips attached, too.

Do you mean: http://www.matrix-golf-shafts.com/?

That's actually 300yards.com web site which is a partner of Matrix's. 300 also does Miyazaki, Fujikura, Callaway, Taylormade, Bang, Alpha, etc. Good guys to deal with but there are better prices out there.

I got my Project X shaft WITH factory installed 910 tip for $99 from http://www.discountdansgolf.com/. You place the order through them via phone, and the shaft ships directly from Titleist. The stock "no-upcharge" offerings are all $99, of course they have fancy expensive shafts too.

I got my Project X shaft WITH factory installed 910 tip for $99 from http://www.discountdansgolf.com/. You place the order through them via phone, and the shaft ships directly from Titleist. The stock "no-upcharge" offerings are all $99, of course they have fancy expensive shafts too.

discountdans has great prices on these drivers new, might be the route for me to go unless i get a really good deal on a used one

tied the D2 yesterday with RIP shaft, now im so torn.

Hit both clubs well with the same shaft, hit the D3 longer with a lower more penetrating ball flight. Hit the D2 pretty well, much higher launch angle and quite a few yards less distance. But im assuming on the actual course Im going to see the full effect of the "more forgiveness". So im stuck at the age old question...distance vs forgiveness...maybe Santa will bring me both LOL

Hit the longest drive I've had to date with the D2 yesterday. 18th hole of the day at Ko'Olau. Forced carry of 296 to get on the fairway over a ravine. You can lay up on the adjacent fairway with a 235 yarder, but I figured I'd take a mulligan if I missed it. I swung straight out of my shoes like I never have before. Uncontrolled as all get out but got lucky and cleared it by about 10-15 yds. My buddies SkyCaddie read 313. Now the tee box is a little elevated but still...that ball was BEAT!

Hit the longest drive I've had to date with the D2 yesterday. 18th hole of the day at Ko'Olau. Forced carry of 296 to get on the fairway over a ravine. You can lay up on the adjacent fairway with a 235 yarder, but I figured I'd take a mulligan if I missed it. I swung straight out of my shoes like I never have before. Uncontrolled as all get out but got lucky and cleared it by about 10-15 yds. My buddies SkyCaddie read 313. Now the tee box is a little elevated but still...that ball was BEAT!

Great shot with a great driver Colt! :blob:

Ive finally taken the plunge, will update once in hand!

Nice Colt!! but not even on my best day would I consider that long a carry..
Ditto on the NICE Mike!! what specs did you order exactly?

Nice Colt!! but not even on my best day would I consider that long a carry..
Ditto on the NICE Mike!! what specs did you order exactly?

picked up a D3 stiff 9.5 with RIP shaft and also picked up a D2 head used so I can try both and see which one I like best on the course, sure wish I lived in Florida right about now

picked up a D3 stiff 9.5 with RIP shaft and also picked up a D2 head used so I can try both and see which one I like best on the course, sure wish I lived in Florida right about now
That's pretty sweet. Regardless you should definitely have 1 setup you love.

That's pretty sweet. Regardless you should definitely have 1 setup you love.

yeah no doubt, if either of those dont work, im guessing maybe its my swing...LOL

yeah no doubt, if either of those dont work, im guessing maybe its my swing...LOL
Nah, one will work for sure. I haven't hit the D2 at all but the D3 is surprisingly a very playable club for me. I guess I expected it to be a little less forgiving or something but it's really not. Long too!

Wow!! So that's how you roll.. (jealous!!!)

Wow I am jealous! I would sure like to have both heads although I absolutely love my D2.

Mike I think the RIP D2 combo will be the winner for sure, the added forgiveness will win you over I think.

Back