Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Better day out there today with the new Titleist, slicing about 25% of them instead of 95% like yesterday. Tried to swing more easily and that resulted in less "coming across" the ball from the outside generating a big slice. If I can remind myself to swing it easy and keep the grip "strong" but loose, should be OK for tomorrow's game. Great club currently limited by an operator problem.

Quick question about face wear and tear, anybody had any attempt at restoring the black finish in the face. Have a couple of very light scratches from a sandy range ball. If so could you explain how you went about it and whether or not it was successful?

Quick question about face wear and tear, anybody had any attempt at restoring the black finish in the face. Have a couple of very light scratches from a sandy range ball. If so could you explain how you went about it and whether or not it was successful?

That's a good question and one that I have not heard an answer for. When I clean my driver I also put Turtle wax on it that does a great job of shining it and protecting it. You might want to try some good wax to protect the finish. It won't do much good for the scratches already there but it makes your club look great.

Last edited:
I am in the market for a good legit driver. I want one of these but not sure if I am a good enough golfer. Is this a driver for everyone or is it for low handicap players? Be honest folks

I am in the market for a good legit driver. I want one of these but not sure if I am a good enough golfer. Is this a driver for everyone or is it for low handicap players? Be honest folks

I would not hesitate to recommend this driver to anyone at any level. It is a solid performer that has improved my fairways hit immensely. Go demo it and see what you think.

This is a fine driver for all handicaps. I'm not a low handicapper by any means, and I'm getting great results with it.
However, you must find the right shaft. Check this chart for some guidance, and of course test them for yourself.

I would recommend this driver to ANYONE. I am a mid-handicapper and saw instant results. The D2 just flat gets it!

I think this driver will work fine for the best golfers up to the high cappers, its a great driver and I wouldnt hesitate to pick one up.

I think this driver will work fine for the best golfers up to the high cappers, its a great driver and I wouldnt hesitate to pick one up.

This is so true. My buddy is a scratch golfer and he games the D2 it helped his tee game a bit. I'm at 11.7 and it's helped me a lot as well.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

That's a good question and one that I have not heard an answer for. When I clean my driver I also put Turtle wax on it that does a great job of shining it and protecting it. You might want to try some good wax to protect the finish. It won't do much good for the scratches already there but it makes your club look great.

The question was about scratches to the club face. I assume you're talking about protecting the crown of your driver, but in case not, the USGA might take exception to the practice. :confused2:

4-2. Playing Characteristics Changed and Foreign Material
b. Foreign Material Foreign material must not be applied to the club face for the purpose of influencing the movement of the ball.

Of course, if you're only playing for fun, wax away, as it will help you keep your ball on the planet. :alien2:

I hit my buddies 910 with a Rip shaft and gained about 15 yards over my 2.0 w/ the Blur shaft. So, just like the above post, get the right shaft.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I hit my buddies 910 with a Rip shaft and gained about 15 yards over my 2.0 w/ the Blur shaft. So, just like the above post, get the right shaft.

Not considering changing? :bulgy-eyes:

As for me I had a pretty solid day with my 910 I don't know exact numbers but in the cold I was still getting a decent 250 with no roll(maybe 3 yards) mainly due to the soaking wet course. Overall still pleased with my purchase

Not considering changing? :bulgy-eyes:

As for me I had a pretty solid day with my 910 I don't know exact numbers but in the cold I was still getting a decent 250 with no roll(maybe 3 yards) mainly due to the soaking wet course. Overall still pleased with my purchase

He won't trade me. :p

I just got my 2.0 at the end of last season so I won't be upgrading anytime soon. Unfortunate because I like it a lot.

The question was about scratches to the club face. I assume you're talking about protecting the crown of your driver, but in case not, the USGA might take exception to the practice. :confused2:

Of course, if you're only playing for fun, wax away, as it will help you keep your ball on the planet. :alien2:

Yea I am talking about the top of the driver. With that said we had an old coot at our golf course put Vaseline and even chap stick on his driver face. He never played in any tournaments but it's still not the right thing to do.

OK....Read ALL 100 pages this past week......whew!! 10yd draw must be a Rep for Titleist!!! j/k .....anyways I posted back in June about how great this club is/was but didn't buy one then and went successfully with my Nike VR Pro str8-fit driver stock PX....the Nike has great looks and performs extremely well.......BUT THE SOUND!!!! TOINK!! that got old slowly......December rolls around, new drivers are being discussed; Razr-fit, RBZ, R11s, i20,Fast 12 LS etc,etc......hit the Razr Fit and while the head was solid, the shaft wasn't a match for me.....RBZ was just too LOUD!! actually didn't like the matted finish on the i20 and only hit the fast 12 non-LS......no likey...... So my thought was D3 but my friend who owns a D3 was swapping to a D2....his thoughts: more forgiving and better sound without any distance loss....he hit both heads side by side with his aftermarket speeder vc 7.2 X-flex......I then proceeded to local Golfsmith and all they had in Lefty were 9.5* Ka'Li stiff......I hit it and shaft felt smooth.Knowing I could adjust it and figuring the spin would be slightly less than the 10.5* I tried last year, I dove in!!! only nine holes but just a pleasure to use.......looks-check, sound- discount double check, Performance- checkmate.......It can't get ANY better for ME in the driver dept.

I'll have a real round tomorrow on my bowling alley of a home course.....stay tuned

OK....Read ALL 100 pages this past week......whew!! 10yd draw must be a Rep for Titleist!!! j/k .....anyways I posted back in June about how great this club is/was but didn't buy one then and went successfully with my Nike VR Pro str8-fit driver stock PX....the Nike has great looks and performs extremely well.......BUT THE SOUND!!!! TOINK!! that got old slowly......December rolls around, new drivers are being discussed; Razr-fit, RBZ, R11s, i20,Fast 12 LS etc,etc......hit the Razr Fit and while the head was solid, the shaft wasn't a match for me.....RBZ was just too LOUD!! actually didn't like the matted finish on the i20 and only hit the fast 12 non-LS......no likey...... So my thought was D3 but my friend who owns a D3 was swapping to a D2....his thoughts: more forgiving and better sound without any distance loss....he hit both heads side by side with his aftermarket speeder vc 7.2 X-flex......I then proceeded to local Golfsmith and all they had in Lefty were 9.5* Ka'Li stiff......I hit it and shaft felt smooth.Knowing I could adjust it and figuring the spin would be slightly less than the 10.5* I tried last year, I dove in!!! only nine holes but just a pleasure to use.......looks-check, sound- discount double check, Performance- checkmate.......It can't get ANY better for ME in the driver dept.

I'll have a real round tomorrow on my bowling alley of a home course.....stay tuned

yeah Ive read through all of this too, is a great read and yeah 10yard really knows his stuff....good luck with it on the course, keep us posted for sure!

You know I will! I really am upset ever so slightly with myself for delaying the purchasing this club...

You aren't the only one. But I got mine at a good deal so I can't really complain.

ive had my eyes on these drivers but im afraid if i buy it there gonna have a new one coming out

Just hit it into an open field........Good GAWD! How anyone feels this isn't the sweetest feel.......yum!

You talk pretty cool there ole Swooshi :D...lol Glad you like your driver man and welcome to the fan club :golf2:!

You talk pretty cool there ole Swooshi :D...lol Glad you like your driver man and welcome to the fan club :golf2:!

Most definitely a fan.........old I can SERIOUSLY relate to! LOL
Followed this thread.....even small interjection earlier......but DONE with search.....SERIOUSLY! this club ROCKS!!!:banana:

Last edited:
This driver is awesome, thats all hehe. Even though the R11s is in the bag at the moment this was the best driver I have ever played for my game. It treated me so well.

Back