Buckeye they have clubs for ever skill level. Not sure why you would think that

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

The 910D3 is the most forgiving of these if you must have a Titleist. But please note that even the 910 has pretty significant ball speed and spin losses as you move away from center. If you want something that helps you a good bit on mishits, a Titleist is not for you.

Ok guys, I'm looking for a classic pear shape driver. Which one is the most forgiving?
Titleist 905R
Titleist 909D3
Titleist 910D3

Guys, Im interested in playing with Titleist 909 D3 and 910 D3. They look good at address. But my question are they forgiving enough for me, a 18 handicap? My swing is not fast (about 90 Mph) and I usually have a low ball flight with a 10.5 degree. To describe my golf swing is Average and I'm not a very good ball striker.

Try 'em out, man. And other stuff, too. Cleveland SL270! Rocketballz! Etcetera!

If you are dead set on a Titleist, my GUESS is that you should start out trying a 910D2 w/ Bassara shaft.

Guys, Im interested in playing with Titleist 909 D3 and 910 D3. They look good at address. But my question are they forgiving enough for me, a 18 handicap? My swing is not fast (about 90 Mph) and I usually have a low ball flight with a 10.5 degree. To describe my golf swing is Average and I'm not a very good ball striker.

Those Titleists are dead sexy, no doubt. Last year when I got my driver I went through a lot of shopping, flip flopping, and researching. What it came down to was for the kind of money we spend on a driver, it better be a perfect fit. Now, driver is the safest club in my bag (watch me have a new one next week, lol). I'm driving the ball as far or farther than I ever did as a younger guy.

No reason you can't have success with any driver. My recommendation would be to open your parameters because for me results are far more important than intangibles like looks and feel. None of us can really tell you which one is right for you. For me the D3 is a pretty hard driver to hit well every time. I found it to be heavy, side spinny (hooks, slices), and pretty short if I missed a little.

Get whatever you want and have fun. If piece of mind and looks are tops the Titleist may be perfect for you. If performance is way up there you'll never know if you have the right driver if you stay focused on a single brand.

Those Titleists are dead sexy, no doubt. Last year when I got my driver I went through a lot of shopping, flip flopping, and researching. What it came down to was for the kind of money we spend on a driver, it better be a perfect fit. Now, driver is the safest club in my bag (watch me have a new one next week, lol). I'm driving the ball as far or farther than I ever did as a younger guy.

No reason you can't have success with any driver. My recommendation would be to open your parameters because for me results are far more important than intangibles like looks and feel. None of us can really tell you which one is right for you. For me the D3 is a pretty hard driver to hit well every time. I found it to be heavy, side spinny (hooks, slices), and pretty short if I missed a little.

Get whatever you want and have fun. If piece of mind and looks are tops the Titleist may be perfect for you. If performance is way up there you'll never know if you have the right driver if you stay focused on a single brand.

This is a good post. If you're dead set on those 3, you're looking at the 910 D3 as the most forgiving, usually. The D2 would probably be a better option seeing you have a low ballflight as it is and probably would benefit from the higher launch.

THis is completely false. They make hybrids. They make clubs that are quite forgiving (AP1) and while I think there are other brands that offer more and better in each category, saying the brand is for "skilled players" is just not correct.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. AP1s are great clubs but I wouldnt put them in the hands of someone who was a 20 handicap or higher.
Buckeye they have clubs for ever skill level. Not sure why you would think that

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Every skill level? Not sure about that one. I havent yet seen Titleist makes irons with lots of offset and big ole chunky soles. Again, I respect your opinion but I have to respectfully disagree.

AP1's would fit a 20 IMO. Great thing about golf though is that we all have different feelings on clubs

Yeah...If you can't hit an AP1 and a D2, you maybe need to look at a different sport. VERY forgiving clubs.

Yeah...If you can't hit an AP1 and a D2, you maybe need to look at a different sport. VERY forgiving clubs.

Lol I need to start looking. I can't hit that turd of a D2 for the life of me!

Lol I need to start looking. I can't hit that turd of a D2 for the life of me!

I'm with Yoccos on this. I have not been a fan of the 910 D2 since it came out. I could just never get it to work right for me.

if you looking for that forgiving club go with the D2 and get the 12*

if you looking for that forgiving club go with the D2 and get the 12*

Now I am confused. How is a 12* D2 more forgiving than a 9.5* D2?

Same make, same model, same shaft. Its real.

I'm not doubting you. I was saying that I could put the "more fairways" to the test. With my swing, I can miss fairways with any driver.

Surely you can. I guess if youre missing them by 40-50 yards then it wont help because youll still miss them. But it does tighten dispersion.
I'm not doubting you. I was saying that I could put the "more fairways" to the test. With my swing, I can miss fairways with any driver.

Surely you can. I guess if youre missing them by 40-50 yards then it wont help because youll still miss them. But it does tighten dispersion.

[troll face] Know what else would tighten my dispersion? Playing a driver that isn't Titleist.[/troll face]

that's what I was thinking. They aren't exactly slim.

Slim is overrated.

I'd like to try one of these Titleist drives. Many of the best junior players play them.

Kevin

The 910 D2 is the most accurate driver I've ever owned and for awhile I was changing driver's more often than my underwear! :bulgy-eyes: Played a very tight course everyday last week. Hit 79 of 84 fairways and I used to be a 50% guy...The thing almost hits itself!!!! Halfway through the week I was just getting up on the tee and swinging as hard as I could and slamming it right down the middle.

Now...all this doesn't mean the D2 is the MOST forgiving driver ever made, however, it is the best one I've ever owned.

With regard to the AP1's...there may very well be more forgiving irons on the market, but these are by no means unforgiving...A 20 should be able to game them easy...

Luckily, we all have options...

What are you looking for in a driver? Straight(er)? Or the ability to move it R-L or vice versa?

A higher loft puts more back spin on the ball. This helps negate any side spin. It's side spin that causes a ball to fade/draw, and excessive side spin that causes a hook or slice.

If your goal is to be on more fairways get a high loft driver, or stay away from a driver for a while and play a 3 wood only. The distance difference isn't massive and accuracy should be better.

Re: 910 -I've the D2. Stunning and pretty forgiving. Also can be set up to counter a bad shot, although that can sometimes make things worse long term.

Rather than junk a lot of cash on a new driver, look maybe at a dozen lessons for similar money perhaps? I guarantee you that these will help your game many many times more than a new driver will.

Back