Heelz

Reaction score
Handicap
golf
Looking to see if anyone here has played the R9 Super Tri driver in the past or current? I'm thinking about purchasing a demo model soon. I would like to know your thought's on this club. Thanks.

Looking to see if anyone here has played the R9 Super Tri driver in the past or current? I'm thinking about purchasing a demo model soon. I would like to know your thought's on this club. Thanks.

i have one and its a great club, i also have the srixon z star and i use my r9 supertri more as its longer and straighter for me. Best driver for me so far and i have had the first r9,cleveland launcher,clevland ultralight,burner superfast 2.0 and the srixon and now an r9 supertri and this is now staying in my bag. Its very easy to get t ball in the air with the supertri

I have played it for two years now. I love the feel of the ball of the face and the adjustable settings make it easier to set to your settings. Make sure it's the right club for your with spin and launch buy also make sure they set the face and weights to make it YOUR club.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I have one and love it. It's a driver designed to create lots of backspin and therefore a higher trajectory. Since I hit a low ball it's perfect for me.

A lot of the guys here played it last year but have moved on to new drivers for 2011.

Thanks for the input. Currently i'm hitting a R9 460, like the club a lot. I'm just looking for a little higher launch which I think the super tri will give me. I have always been a low-mid trajectory hitter espically off of the driver even though i'm hitting a 10.5 degree regular flex with a 87-90 mph clubhead speed.

Thanks for the input. Currently i'm hitting a R9 460, like the club a lot. I'm just looking for a little higher launch which I think the super tri will give me. I have always been a low-mid trajectory hitter espically off of the driver even though i'm hitting a 10.5 degree regular flex with a 87-90 mph clubhead speed.

Instead of buying a new driver why not just get a shaft? You said all you need was a higher launch, many shafts can fix that. Also the Super-tri is a high spin head, just food for thought.

It's a super forgiving head. Possibly the best feeling and sounding driver I've ever hit in my life. It's the standard by which I judge other drivers when it comes to feel and sound. Seems to spin too much for me these days, though that can supposedly be dialed down with weight adjustments. Launches high.

It's a super forgiving head. Possibly the best feeling and sounding driver I've ever hit in my life. It's the standard by which I judge other drivers when it comes to feel and sound. Seems to spin too much for me these days, though that can supposedly be dialed down with weight adjustments. Launches high.

X2. I need to get mine on the launch monitor as well. My swing has changed (increase in swing speed primarily) and I am ballooning it a bit. Other than that, I really like the Super Tri.

Mine has changed and now I wonder if this is really a good fit for me, but when I first started playing it I loved it. At that time, I hit the ball with more side spin and I hit it lower. This really helped me increase carry and keep the ball in the fairway.

I game it right now and I love it but I feel like I need to be back in the market again I've had the driver for over a year now and I bought it used I just feel like I can't get all of it anymore. Don't get me wrong the feel/sound/distance is great but I think I'm missing some distance but the mishits sure are straight and still long.

The main reason that I went back to this from the regular R9 is the forgiveness. It really is hard to beat in that regard.

The main reason that I went back to this from the regular R9 is the forgiveness. It really is hard to beat in that regard.

But what about distance? since it's only 420CC. Does it affect you?

But what about distance? since it's only 420CC. Does it affect you?

Before the SuperTri, I was hitting the regular one fine and didn't really notice the smaller head. When I went back to the R9, it sort of got in my head. It was nice and long when I hit it well, but I missed too much with it.

Before the SuperTri, I was hitting the regular one fine and didn't really notice the smaller head. When I went back to the R9, it sort of got in my head. It was nice and long when I hit it well, but I missed too much with it.

Yeah I haven't hit it in a long time but I might have a range session just to see the difference haha

I wish I still had mine! i loved that club..

I picked up a R9 Supertri last week from TaylorMade Pre-Owned. I thought about going the eBay route to save a few bucks, but since the market is flooded with so many counterfeits, TMPO seemed the way to go. Love the way my "new" driver looks! I'm driving the ball much straighter than with my 2007 TM Burner, but a little shorter. The face on the Supertri is a bit deeper than on the Burner, so I think I should tee the ball up maybe another 3/16" higher to hit the "sweet spot".

I have played with mine for over a year and I am still loving it.

I gamed one for a year and loved it.
The only reason I am not gaming it now, is due to being professionally fit into the R-11 with the perfect shaft for me.

Instead of buying a new driver why not just get a shaft? You said all you need was a higher launch, many shafts can fix that. Also the Super-tri is a high spin head, just food for thought.

I agree. Check out this option, it may save you some money. If you like the r9 460 (which I currently hit and love by the way) look for a mid-high launch shaft. I recently picked up a Grafalloy Epic shaft for $50 with r9 tip installed and it gave me an awesome ball flight, doesn't balloon, and it feels great throughout the swing.

I gamed one for a year and loved it.
The only reason I am not gaming it now, is due to being professionally fit into the R-11 with the perfect shaft for me.

Lucky guy!!

Update from the original post. Got the driver a week and 1/2 ago from TMpreowned. First thing that really stood out was how "whippy" the Fujikura Motore 60 (R) flex was. Pulled it out right away and put in my Aerotech Steelfiber 50 that I was using in my R9 460.

Played 2 rounds so far.....this club is the real deal! As stated earlier I was using the R9 460 setup in (NU) configuration, set the super tri the same and left it weighted in the original 1/16/1 config. I am easily getting 6 - 10 yds. more off the tee, nice medium to high trajectory with a slight draw. Also so far this seems to be a little more forgiving than the R9 460. Love it.

Back