To Be Fitted or Not To Be Fitted

On my list to do this year some demo days and a proper fitting, probably out of state unless I find someone locally.

I attend a local Demo day annually featuring most oems. The only thing I've seen remotely close to a fitting is a lie board being used. Not one oem had a launch monitor out.

On the other hand I went to a range where Ping had a rep and gear to try. They had a CG2 out and they were indeed fitting an older gentleman who ordreted a full new bag while I was there. He tied up the monitor for a solid hour though so if someone else wanted fitted they were sh*t outta luck.

Completely different experience at the demo days around here. Whether it's a multi oem or just one pretty much everyone has their monitor and do more than loft lie. Many of our reps have been doing fittings for awhile and use the monitors more for the golfer to see numbers and the fitters are watching swing, ball flight and face contact then make adjustments.

On my list to do this year some demo days and a proper fitting, probably out of state unless I find someone locally.

Demo days can be fun especially if they are large multi oem because you get to try a lot of gear. Like with anything I recommend doing some research on the fitter and the fitting process before paying for one. You want to make sure you get your money's worth.

at most demo days aside from Mizuno (shaft optimizer) the basic fitting can be done to make sure length and lie angle are correct for you. Most OEM'S have all available shafts but if you are anything outside of standard length typically only the stock shaft is available in multiple lengths to test. I would say you are doing a disservice to yourself to not be fit into irons. In all the fittings I've done approximately 8 out of 10 people don't fit the standard lie and length. When it comes to cost, at demo days the Reps are more than happy to do a basic fitting, however they typically aren't in the position to be able to provide lessons while on the range (happens more than you'd think)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So having never been Fitted into golf equipment, my game isn't bad on me fitting myself. Trial and error. Looking trying for what feels the best to me. What say you all? Fitted or Not Fitted? With the chance of making any THP event that this option might be available, how much would it change your current game? Give me your fitting non fitting experiences.

Get fitted professionally with some numbers (monitors), from driver all the way down to the putter. Numbers don't lie.

Get fitted professionally with some numbers (monitors), from driver all the way down to the putter. Numbers don't lie.
Got a great place to Putter fit place for Seemore SPI training and fitting at the CC of Zach Johnson in Cedar Tapids iowa.

Back