TomTom Golfer GPS Watch - THP Review

Watching a few on the bay as we speak. Have no idea why they are so cheap in Canada.

really interested in this. thanks for the pics. im glad i waited to buy another watch. i like how this looks and also the charging mechanism. 10 hours will get me 2 rounds which is more than my current garmin s1.
i had the S1 and agree only one round per charge. Switched to the Neo XS and get two rounds. How many hazards are shown and does the lay up feature work well? Is the display easy to see in bright sun?

Dan- how'd the battery life on this one so far?

Not quite on course yet, but I did have an opportunity to hit a lot of balls with the TomTom on yesterday, and came away pleased.

At one point I did have to shuffle the watch up the wrist a bit, but it was once during probably 75 balls. It wasn't moving a lot (more toward the hand than around the wrist) but that's going to be entirely subjective for everyone who tries it on and how it fits their arm. With the exception of that one adjustment, I really didn't notice it in a bad way which is excellent.

Hoping to have some on course thoughts on green adjustments and hazards soon.
You wear this on your left (glove) hand right? My current watch, I wear on my right hand, for no other reason that when I do wear a glove...the glove/watch combo seemed to overlap and I'm OCD with having to constantly adjust that.

Dan- how'd the battery life on this one so far?

Working on this info very soon.

You wear this on your left (glove) hand right? My current watch, I wear on my right hand, for no other reason that when I do wear a glove...the glove/watch combo seemed to overlap and I'm OCD with having to constantly adjust that.

Always wear my watch on my left arm. I suppose I could wear it on the right for a bit, but I'll tell you right now it'll be a nuisance like any other thing we're not comfortable with.

Always wear my watch on my left arm. I suppose I could wear it on the right for a bit, but I'll tell you right now it'll be a nuisance like any other thing we're not comfortable with.
In the rare instances I wear a watch (traveling mostly), I always wear it on my left wrist. Adjusting to the GPS watch on my right hand didn't take any longer than getting comfortable swinging with a watch on my left for me. My preference is to still wear it on my left wrist, but fidgeting with the glove drives me nuts.

It looks like this watch may be a bit smaller (footprint--bad description) than my current unit. So maybe the watch/glove overlap wouldn't be as bad?

In the rare instances I wear a watch (traveling mostly), I always wear it on my left wrist. Adjusting to the GPS watch on my right hand didn't take any longer than getting comfortable swinging with a watch on my left for me. My preference is to still wear it on my left wrist, but fidgeting with the glove drives me nuts.

It looks like this watch may be a bit smaller (footprint--bad description) than my current unit. So maybe the watch/glove overlap wouldn't be as bad?

I didn't find it as an issue at all, with the exception of once where I had to pull the watch up. That was after a LOT of swings.

Put this unit to the test today to see how long it would last. So far as I can tell, uninterrupted GPS use on a full charge is about 9.5-10 hours. Hopefully that answers one of the big questions you guys have had.

Put this unit to the test today to see how long it would last. So far as I can tell, uninterrupted GPS use on a full charge is about 9.5-10 hours. Hopefully that answers one of the big questions you guys have had.
Yep, pretty much the same as my Neo XS

i am watching a couple of these on the bay. hoping to snag one cheap.

The watch has me in real ponder mode. All the features of a Garmin but can be found for a fraction of the cost on ebay.

My Tom Tom watch just arrived. I'm now charging it so I can't give much detail but I put it on and took a few practice swings with it and so far it feels comfortable. I really like how the extra strap locks down. It's actually not as big as I was thinking it was going to be. I'm heading to the range tomorrow and will wear it the whole time I'm hitting to give feedback on fit and comfort. The GPS features won't get used yet because of snow.

My Tom Tom watch just arrived. I'm now charging it so I can't give much detail but I put it on and took a few practice swings with it and so far it feels comfortable. I really like how the extra strap locks down. It's actually not as big as I was thinking it was going to be. I'm heading to the range tomorrow and will wear it the whole time I'm hitting to give feedback on fit and comfort. The GPS features won't get used yet because of snow.
really interested in how you get on with this. Congrats on the purchase...

Awesome Gregg can't wait for your feedback. Hopefully I own one of these next week.

I hit up the golf dome today and hit about 120 balls while wearing this watch. I never wear a watch when golfing so I was worried about it bothering me while swinging but this thing was great. It held it's position the whole time, I didn't have to adjust it once. The band on it was super comfy. I can honestly say that I didn't notice it once while swinging. Function wise I can't give much info yet but as far as comfort while swinging I give this a 10/10.

I hit up the golf dome today and hit about 120 balls while wearing this watch. I never wear a watch when golfing so I was worried about it bothering me while swinging but this thing was great. It held it's position the whole time, I didn't have to adjust it once. The band on it was super comfy. I can honestly say that I didn't notice it once while swinging. Function wise I can't give much info yet but as far as comfort while swinging I give this a 10/10.

the size really is impressive. By moving some of the bulk down into the band area really allows it to be more form fitting to the wrist overall.

Glad you're enjoying yours dude!! Looking forward to your on course thoughts.

I use a TomTom Multisport for running/cycling/etc. TomTom updates the watch quarterly and their forum is used for them to figure out what bugs/enhancements need to be made. I won't say that there haven't been some pains in the 1.5 years I've had it, but I will say that TomTom really wants to fix anything that crops up and also really wants to add features that everyone wants. I can't say enough about their willingness to listen and react. I'd expect their golf watch to be very good based on how well the Multisport works.

I'm not a fan of a watch during golf, plus I wear a FitBit to get steps for work. Two things on my wrists doesn't work well. If that wasn't the case, I'd seriously be considering this one.

Good to know. I don't want to be thinking about feeling something bothering my swing. I stopped wearing the Garmin s1 because it would be uncomfortable at times.

Does Tom Tom offer replacement straps for this watch? It's probably the only reason I'm nervous about my S1.

I've seen pictures of the watch and button apparatus popped out of the band. In fact, I think it's in the instruction manual. Whether the band in the link fits the golfer, I don't know. I'd have to believe if it doesn't, that TomTom will eventually just start offering the golfer band as a standalone.

So happy other people are picking this up. I have the 'ok' to make this purchase, but I am waiting to hear some on course reviews (I realize its winter, so I can be patient).

~Rock

just snagged one off the bay (white/green). looking forward to this being here in the week - two weeks.

just snagged one off the bay (white/green). looking forward to this being here in the week - two weeks.

Nice Erik, be interested to hear your feedback on these. They are on my radar as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well done dude!!!! That's awesome. Really excited to hear your thoughts.

Back