Top 3 pro’s based on likability?

LSMO

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Opposite of @Jman thread? Who’s your top 3 pros based on “coolness or likability”. Mine would be..

1) Harry Higgs
2) Max Homa
3) Rickie Fowler

1) Spieth
2) Rickie
3) Morikawa

Morikawa
Spieth
JT

Morikawa - seems genuine, on course stud
Mickelson - fan engagement is second to none
Rory - now that he’s grown up, he always says the right thing and seems like a great guy

1. Kisner
2. Rory
3. Higgs

Rory
Morikawa
Hovland

Those are my top 3 but there’s a ton of others including everyone else named in the thread already. Lot of great personalities on tour right now.

Same goes for the LPGA and if we’re talking all pro tours Lydia Ko probably knocks one of those guys off the list.

Rickie Fowler
Harold Varner III
Jordan Spieth

Rory
Morikawa
Hovland

Those are my top 3 but there’s a ton of others including everyone else named in the thread already. Lot of great personalities on tour right now.

Same goes for the LPGA and if we’re talking all pro tours Lydia Ko probably knocks one of those guys off the list.

LPGA has quite a few!

Finau
Rory
Rickie

Honorable mentions
Fleetwood, Kisner, Homa

Finau
Fowler
Woodland

Morikawa - seems genuine, on course stud
Mickelson - fan engagement is second to none
Rory - now that he’s grown up, he always says the right thing and seems like a great guy
Darn it, I want to change mine already and move Rory to fourth in favor of Finau. Guy seems like the nicest guy in the world.

Hard to pick only 3, I can easily think of a few more that would be on my list. But going with my 3 favorites it would be:

Mickelson
Morikawa
Schauffele (how has he not been mentioned before this?)

Also right up there:
Kiz
Stenson
Rahm (since his maturation)
Speith
Finau
Fowler
JT
Hovland
Homa
Woodland
DeChambeau

Last edited:
Not sure it’s a acurate to make assessment based upon , in the tournament conditions , where they may or may not be in terms of placings etc and also you get very bracketed answers in small interview portions …. Be far more genuine if was off course and just sharing a drink perhaps or something in complete contrast to what we see the magic do.

That said …. For the criteria of the question

l would throw in Lee Trevino / Payne Stewart / Seve Ballesteros ( all for ability and adding a level of individuality ,talent , achievement and entertaining the crowds , in all cases well before social media and image shaping .

Of the contemporaries today

Morikowa , Hovland, Xander Schauffle . All play the game extremely well, all on the rise and seem to not explode , also many times I’ve seen them and all seem to laugh and be engaging , from the vision and exposure I’ve seen, could be wrong but , golfs in good hands with those lads .

One guy not mention yet that I love is Ben An. Not a big name but really funny dude and super likeable.
Hideki Matsuyama actually seems very funny too. His "Japanese 101" video with Tiger, Rory and Jason Day was hilarious!

I’d probably go with:

Mickelson
Morikawa
McIlroy

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Beefy yet! I think he'd be superb to go for a round with, and then a couple of beers after.
After Beef, I'd go Morikawa and Fowler.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Beefy yet! I think he'd be superb to go for a round with, and then a couple of beers after.
After Beef, I'd go Morikawa and Fowler.
Beefy Botham or Beef Johnstone , lol ones a champion cricketer and fairly good golfer , and very good on the ale also lol l would guess the the more specific golfer in question would be no novice in indulgence either lol 🥳

Beefy Botham or Beef Johnstone , lol ones a champion cricketer and fairly good golfer , and very good on the ale also lol l would guess the the more specific golfer in question would be no novice in indulgence either lol 🥳
I would happily go for a beer with either of them, and apparently Botham is a good golfer as well. I reckon the morning after with either of them would be a fairly slow affair, but would have to be Beefy Johnston though, he'd just edge it for me....

I would happily go for a beer with either of them, and apparently Botham is a good golfer as well. I reckon the morning after with either of them would be a fairly slow affair, but would have to be Beefy Johnston though, he'd just edge it for me....
Yes , agree ,,, afternoon tee time for them both🙂

Back