Touching Navy Seal Funeral Photo

It's amazing what a simple picture can do. Very touching. Thanks for this pic! I have a 2 year old black lab, and I love her so much. Labs have a hard time dealing with separation, and this shows it. Man this is sad..

You are very correct in this. We have a little black lab that we adopted from the spca, she is the sweetest dog and follows us everywhere as our shadow. They are a very loyal and people needy breed, which is a good thing because they are always happy to see you.

This is a very sad and touching pic.

Sad and touching. Thank you very much for sharing Patty.

amazing picture Patty...thanks for sharing

Great picture, really shows how much our dogs love us. Thank you for posting this.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Such a powerful image. It says so much by itself, but knowing the backstory makes it even more emotional. Thank you for sharing.

wow, great picture. One picture has brought me back down to earth and put my troubles in perspective. Thanks for sharing this.

Dog are such great family members. They love you all the way to the end.

Very touching picture, so often we focus on the lives lost and not those that have been left behind (pets included). Thanks for sharing.

UPDATE:

http://dogblog.dogster.com/2011/08/26/dog-who-grieved-at-navy-seals-casket-adopted-by-friend/

Dog Who Grieved at Navy SEAL’s Casket Adopted by Friend

Chocolate Labrador retriever Hawkeye wrenched the hearts of people around the world this week as pictures of him mourning at the casket of his fallen owner, Navy SEAL Petty Officer 1st Class Jon T. Tumilson, went viral. Tumilson was among the 30 American troops killed August 6 when Taliban insurgents downed their Chinook helicopter with a rocket-propelled grenade.

The Daily Mail reports that Hawkeye will go to a home he knows well, now that his best friend is gone. Tumilson’s good buddy, Scott Nichols, is going to give Hawkeye a permanent home. It will be the easiest transition for the dog: Nichols’ house was already a second home for Hawkeye, who spent months at a time there when Tumilson was deployed.

The two of them can help each other get past the grief one day at a time.

Earlier this week we ran the photos and a short video of Hawkeye lying listlessly at the side of the casket on a shiny high school gym floor where 1500 gathered to say goodbye to Tumilson. I don’t think there were many dry eyes among Dogster viewers.

Gone but not forgotten. The video and photos are definitely touching and moving.

good story--our son-in-law is on his third deployment so scenes like this keep reminding us------------------------------------------------------

That tears my heart

Back