Review Tour Edge C721 Fairway Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Also in for review and worth a thread of its own as I have a hunch its going to generate some buzz, the Tour Edge Exotics C721 fairway wood.

I've got the 3w at 15.0 in for full homepage review and it is paired with the PX HZRDUS RDB Blue 60 6.0.

For those seeking all the tech details, be sure to look at our mega deep release article on the C721 metalwoods here:

And for those waiting here are your in-hand pictures:

DSC01823-XL.jpg

DSC01824-XL.jpg

DSC01826-XL.jpg

DSC01827-XL.jpg

DSC01831-XL.jpg

DSC01833-XL.jpg

DSC01809-XL.jpg

Great pics as usual. Pretty curious about this and the hybrid. I feel like I'll be wanting a fw refresh at some point thus season.

I think there is a store about an hour and a half away that carries TE.

Great pictures as always.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Were you able to find an EX10 beta 3w to compare this against @Jman ? Just curious, as I play, and love, the EX10!

I can see the C721 kicking my beloved f9 3 wood out of the bag.

• Staff
Um. Sound is right on this one too.

Woah.

• Staff
Were you able to find an EX10 beta 3w to compare this against @Jman ? Just curious, as I play, and love, the EX10!
Sadly I don’t. I must’ve given them away to HS kids or traded them in

Sadly I don’t. I must’ve given them away to HS kids or traded them in
No problem. If we on the TEEm are lucky enough to try the 3w I'll be sure to snag some comparisons.

Tell me EVERYTHING.
Shallow and easy off the deck, surprisingly so, but the spin is in that low to low-mid range. Crisp sound that like the driver is a wild blend of composite and titanium. And it’s got the heat behind it based on the few I hit off the tee tonight on the GC2

Shallow and easy off the deck, surprisingly so, but the spin is in that low to low-mid range. Crisp sound that like the driver is a wild blend of composite and titanium. And it’s got the heat behind it based on the few I hit off the tee tonight on the GC2
Impressive. Super curious about the sound now.

Haha, it’s only money my man! ;)(y)
I don’t want to be broke before, during, and after the pandemic.

Although, my eagle eyed 5y/o managed to spot a Club Champion that must’ve opened here recently...

Based on your photos alone, I want to pull the trigger now and be done with it.

Taking this one out to the course today for a quick go round before having to start demo’ing my living room for spring break fun :LOL:

Anyone have anything they want me to focus on?

Taking this one out to the course today for a quick go round before having to start demo’ing my living room for spring break fun :LOL:

I know you're taking the driver out too, but I'm curious how this one works off the tee. I know you said the face is hot off the tee, but I'm still curious because I think to use mine off the tee and from the fairway.

I know you're taking the driver out too, but I'm curious how this one works off the tee. I know you said the face is hot off the tee, but I'm still curious because I think to use mine off the tee and from the fairway.
Oh don’t worry, fairways are multi use for me, it’ll get put to work off the turf too! Maybe not much today given the course I’m playing, but it’ll be a part of my review focus for sure!

Off the turf for sure as i think you’ve already discussed a bit already.

I’d also like to know more about what it looks like behind the ball. The ridgeway strip or spine reminds me a little of the Jetspeed FW, and the Wilson Triton driver. And size of head too. Sounds like it’s big and somewhat shallow? I had and XGC-7 4 wood that I used to think was like swinging a pancake on a stick. Is this like that as well?

As always, looking forward to your thoughts.

Off the turf for sure as i think you’ve already discussed a bit already.

I’d also like to know more about what it looks like behind the ball. The ridgeway strip or spine reminds me a little of the Jetspeed FW, and the Wilson Triton driver. And size of head too. Sounds like it’s big and somewhat shallow? I had and XGC-7 4 wood that I used to think was like swinging a pancake on a stick. Is this like that as well?

As always, looking forward to your thoughts.
Smaller than the XCG7.

I’ll snap a pic behind a ball outdoors today for ya!

I want to hear some thoughts on how it handles turf interaction. Esp to what they have had in the past with the slipstream sole, which I always thought was really good.

E77B4604-1479-483C-BC0D-AAABD96264CE.jpeg

That looks confidence inspiring. Looks like she sits pretty flush against the ground?
Definitely does, it’s got that more shallow style face that ties it all together too.

I want to hear some thoughts on how it handles turf interaction. Esp to what they have had in the past with the slipstream sole, which I always thought was really good.
Really well actually, which is a pleasant surprise. I’m a long time Slipstream fan but know why it didn’t fit into this design. The shallow face though and the contour on the sole shape has made for a lot of confidence off the deck though.

Back