CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Wondering if anyone knows if these rumors are true? Ive heard it a few times and now in that other article. I could see it as Tiger and he have been getting closer.

Anyone else hear this?

That would be sweet!!! And a big loss for titleist.

Last edited:
It's been rumored on a different site that Rory was going to go to Nike for quite a while...much ado about nothing IMO. Now with the teaser from Callaway, there is a new Cally staffer on board...they won't release his identity, which makes me think that it's a big name going to Cally.

i think a few people mentioned hearing it a few weeks back, nothing concrete though

I believe that somebody said that the same rumor has been coming out for several years now. I think it would be a cool move though, for both parties.

Meh. MEH.

I've had about enough of this Rory/Tiger buddy stuff. And now they're potentially both going to be Nike staffers? MEH.

I'm sure he will just replace Molinari though, haha. Don't see him lasting with the swoosh.

I doubt it. Dude destroys the Titleist offerings.. Why change?

$200+ million reasons were the rumors, I think closer to $240

Seriously though, I think it'd be pretty cool. Nike is as legit of a manufacturer as they come these days. The marketing possibilities would be endless with Tiger and Rors.

I can't see him changing the way he swings their clubs. Dude hits it a mile

I'm pretty sure he could find some Nike clubs that he'd hit a mile as well.

$200+ million reasons were the rumors, I think closer to $240

Of course the rumours are something obscene like 200mil.. I read on Forbes that he earned around 7 million annually from his sponsors, and I am sure that number will increase..

How many millions is enough? I'd rather 10 mil per and crazy good golf over clubs that might not work and money I'll never know what to do with.

I doubt it. Dude destroys the Titleist offerings.. Why change?
exactly and how many clubs did they sell cause of him, I'd doubt that they would let him go without a fight titleist would probably offer him more still lol

I think it's possible. But at the same time, it's not going to happen. If he goes anywhere, it's Taylormade IMHO. The Cally thing intrigued me. I'm excited to see who they got on board.

Rory sells clubs. Nike needs somebody who can sell clubs, even with Tiger in his prime they couldn't move hard goods.

I think there would be some issues with Oakley and Jumeirah since Nike doesn't allow any other logos to be worn by their staffers.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. He gets to step up to a truly global marketing machine with Nike. And I don't mean that as any knock to Titleist, but Nike brings a whole different level of possibilities. Imagine having Tiger and Rory at the next Olympics under Nike? Dan and Dave part 2 - could be HUGE.

I'm pretty sure he could find some Nike clubs that he'd hit a mile as well.

I believe that depends on the golfer.. Some clubs just flat out don't work for people..

I know a few local pros on contract who have changed and found great success because of it. Obviously on a different level from Rory, but I believe it's golfer to golfer.

It's been rumored on a different site that Rory was going to go to Nike for quite a while...much ado about nothing IMO. Now with the teaser from Callaway, there is a new Cally staffer on board...they won't release his identity, which makes me think that it's a big name going to Cally.

He was the first guy I thought of when I saw that from Callaway.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I think it'd be nike. nike can offer more than anybody else.

anybody else see the gold vokey's that titleist gave rory for winning the pga?

Rory sells clubs. Nike needs somebody who can sell clubs, even with Tiger in his prime they couldn't move hard goods.

I think there would be some issues with Oakley and Jumeirah since Nike doesn't allow any other logos to be worn by their staffers.

I'm not sure about that bolded part - Nike didn't even have a golf club division and now, they are legit and move tons of clubs. Remember when those original slingback irons, or whatever they were called - everyone at my regular LA muni rotation had them. Now, they might be a little staid, so Rors can inject some new life into it.

I believe that depends on the golfer.. Some clubs just flat out don't work for people..

I know a few local pros on contract who have changed and found great success because of it. Obviously on a different level from Rory, but I believe it's golfer to golfer.

Oh, absolutely. Rors obviously has a good thing going with his current set-up.

Well, I don't think Rory is going to Cally. Normally when players are about to move, Titleist takes there WITB info off. Rory's is still there.

It varies.

See Toms to TM after years with Cleveland, having no success with TM, going back to Cleveland and playing the best golf he has played in years.

Camillo to TM from Cobra. Hasn't really sniffed success since.

Just to name a couple.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I'm not sure about that bolded part - Nike didn't even have a golf club division and now, they are legit and move tons of clubs. Remember when those original slingback irons, or whatever they were called - everyone at my regular LA muni rotation had them. Now, they might be a little staid, so Rors can inject some new life into it.

I'm pretty sure I was very close to correct. I don't think Nike has ever been in the top 4 of OEMs. Even when Tiger was winning everything.

I may be wrong though. I'm far from an insider. But I thought I remember JB mentioning Nike's place in the club industry.

It's funny we just chatted about this over wings the other night.......it's a rumor

If Tiger can't hit those clubs in the fairway, why would anyone else want them in their bag?! lol

Back