TPC Summerlin and Las Vegas Golf

Vegas local. Top 5, in no particular order, are Cascata, Reflection Bay, TPC Las Vegas, Paiute, Red Rock-Arroyo.
Shoot me a message when you're coming to town, if I'm in town, we can get a round in.
Top 5 is
Shadow Creek
Cascata
TPC Summerlin
Rio Secco
TPC Las Vegas

Top 5 is
Shadow Creek
Cascata
TPC Summerlin
Rio Secco
TPC Las Vegas
I guess I should have clarified. My top 5. Not what the magazines say

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I guess I should have clarified. My top 5. Not what the magazines say

That’s my top 5 played, have no idea what magazines say

That’s my top 5 played, have no idea what magazines say
Gotcha. I mis-understood. I really want to play shadow one day

Gotcha. I mis-understood. I really want to play shadow one day

I have played it once don’t know if if I will ever get to do it again but it was utopia for me

Vegas local. Top 5, in no particular order, are Cascata, Reflection Bay, TPC Las Vegas, Paiute, Red Rock-Arroyo.
Shoot me a message when you're coming to town, if I'm in town, we can get a round in.
Top 5 is
Shadow Creek
Cascata
TPC Summerlin
Rio Secco
TPC Las Vegas

Agreed with all of the above suggestions. Grew up in Las Vegas and played high school golf so have played most courses aside from some new ones that have opened in the last few years. If you're able to get out on some private courses, Southern Highlands is also amazing or Las Vegas CC for the nostalgia. And here are a few more great courses from memory:

1. Dragon Ridge
2. Bear's Best
3. Boulder Creek GC
4. Revere at Anthem - both courses are fun

Wolf Creek is supposed to be fantastic but haven't had a chance to get out there.

What course do you recommend for a husband and wife, looking to play 9 with good rental clubs? It seems most pricing is for 18 holes.

It's about 40 minutes south of downtown Vegas, but I really like the courses at Primm Valley Golf Club. Two 18s (Lakes and Desert), both Tom Fazio designs, fun tracks.

Not south. More straight west.

Its is a good course. I would not call it great.. But it is worth trying to play if you are there.

I lived there for a bit and there are some great courses in the area. Angel park hills is good. I used to love the badlands but it closed.

Last edited:
What course do you recommend for a husband and wife, looking to play 9 with good rental clubs? It seems most pricing is for 18 holes.
With decent clubs, your best bet is arroyo, sienna, spanish trail, or angel park

Big thumbs up to the TPC course - one of my favorites.

The Paiute courses are good too but it gets very windy out there in the afternoon.

Not south. More straight west.

Its is a good course. I would not call it great.. But it is worth trying to play if you are there.

I lived there for a bit and there are some great courses in the area. Angel park hills is good. I used to love the badlands but it closed.

Badlands my first experience with Vegas golf, was pretty sad when I heard they closed that place

Badlands my first experience with Vegas golf, was pretty sad when I heard they closed that place
We had 2 very different first experiences with Vegas golf bring at badlands. I walked off after 9 holes took 4 hours. Never looked back. Sad though that any course has to close. Especially with what they're talking about putting there now in its place...

We had 2 very different first experiences with Vegas golf bring at badlands. I walked off after 9 holes took 4 hours. Never looked back. Sad though that any course has to close. Especially with what they're talking about putting there now in its place...

I never had issues playing there. I would play in the summer when it was 110 degrees in the middle of the day. I would just take a gallon of water and try to drink it almost twice.

it happens right?

played with my buddy was paired with two other guys in a rush to catch their flight told them to go on without us course (our two nines) were pretty empty 3.5 hours for 18

deal i found included town car to and from hotel

🤷🏽‍♂️

Is Vegas like Myrtle Beach, where there's green fee coupons in small magazines by the super market?

Is Vegas like Myrtle Beach, where there's green fee coupons in small magazines by the super market?
Not that I have ever come across

Not sure if it still happens but you used to be able to find discounted rates on GolfNow.

Not sure if it still happens but you used to be able to find discounted rates on GolfNow.
Quite a few tracks are still on golfnow with pretty good discounts

As several Morgan Cuppers have mentioned TPC Las Vegas was fantastic. Par 3, 2nd hole. 🔥

2AD8F448-99B5-4060-A512-CEF733DF53C5.jpeg

Wolf Creek was an excellent experience. From 2nd tee box.

25E458B2-ACB6-448E-9CCE-D8976DEBED66.jpeg

Same here - I grew up right down the street so played there quite a bit. Always felt like it was the most extreme version of "desert golf" that you could play. Multiple holes with island fairways and greens surrounded by deep arroyo desert.

Also remember it being the first golf course that added AC to the golf carts - in the form of ice chests under the seat with tubing that ran up to right behind your neck. It would kick on the fan when you sat down. In the 110+ summer heat the icy cold air on the back of the neck was great.

As several Morgan Cuppers have mentioned TPC Las Vegas was fantastic. Par 3, 2nd hole. 🔥

View attachment 8975354

Wolf Creek was an excellent experience. From 2nd tee box.

View attachment 8975353

Looks great! Hope you had fun out there!

Did you see the pro tees on hole #3 at TPC? You can actually make them out in your photo on the left (by the houses with the palm trees) - the pros tee off across the canyon with like a 240 yd carry to the fairway.

Looks great! Hope you had fun out there!

Did you see the pro tees on hole #3 at TPC? You can actually make them out in your photo on the left (by the houses with the palm trees) - the pros tee off across the canyon with like a 240 yd carry to the fairway.
Our time on the course for The Morgan Cup was incredible!!

Back