Traveling with clubs to Cabo Mexico.

rhinosparky

Reaction score
Handicap
I am not a very seasoned traveler, this will be my second trip out of the country. Has anyone travelled to Cabo with their clubs? Is it worth it for one round to bring my clubs, or should I just rent a set?
I absolutely hate playing with rentals.
Any input on if you have had troubles with clubs getting damaged or stolen on an international flight?
Also if you had one course to play which would it be in Cabo?

I played one round in Cabo last October, Puerto Los Cabos, using rental clubs since we only had one day available to golf. Loved the course but the clubs were not in the best of shape. If I had it to do over again I would of taken my clubs. I have taken my clubs on other international flights and have not had any issues with damaged or stolen items. I do put an apple air tag in my bag so I can track it while I travel. And a good travel bag and a telescoping club protector really help with preventing damage. I recommend the Caddy Daddy first class bag and the north pole club protector.

Traveled to Cabo 2 years ago for a wedding and brought my clubs. Had no issues getting them there. One guy rented clubs at Quivara and they were fine for him

Always take your clubs, especially if you hate playing with rentals. Played Quivira last year. Easily in my top 5 courses I’ve played. It’s pricy, but the vistas are amazing, the fairways are like carpet and there’s a food and drink station every 3 holes or so included in the price. The tacos at the turn are worth the cost alone!!!!
43A84687-A59C-4F3D-9A93-B5A935E05CA8.jpeg

headed to cancun next week. had all but talked myself out of taking clubs since there is only a par3 course on the resort.

but now you got me thinking again

I played Cabo Real last year, and it was a very good experience. We rented clubs, which were Callaway and from that year. If you are really wanting to play your own clubs, then I would take them.

We are leaving for Costa Rica this week and I think I'm only going to play one round but will be taking my clubs.

I would play Quivira, like @Mark_UK suggested. Based on what I saw of the course when we went by it on the boat, it looked to be in incredible shape and plenty of ocean views.

I took my clubs for the two rounds. It was a non-stop from LAX, so it’s kinda hard to mess that up. Worth it having my wrenches on those fun courses.

Diamante and Quivara would be my choices. At the time they offered the chance to play if you attended an ownership presentation.

Also played Cabo Del Sol, but I think the one I played has gone private as well.

Took my clubs and had no issues.

I've only played rental clubs once and won't do it again if I'm playig a decent course and golf is part of my plans for the trip.
Travelled to Hawaii multiple times without issue as far as damage or theft.
Just take the removable head off of you longer clubs and you'll be fine.

Just returned from Cabo and took my clubs for the two rounds I played. I fly Southwest so they are free to check. The rentals I saw at both courses were older sets of Callaways.

Back