Trouble with Long Par 3s, or 180+ yards out - Hybrids?

I also wanted to add that if you can hit the new Adams s9031...OMG is it long! :act-up:

I only say "if" because I know the head shape can be intimidating.

I've had hybrids in the bag since the TM Rescue Mid came out, maybe 5+ years ago? They saved my game. Me hit a 3 iron? Not a chance, but the 3 hybrid goes nice and high, and lands soft travelling about 185-190.

Forgive me if this was posted previously and is slightly off topic, but this topic has me questioning lofts now.

Would a hybrid with the same degree as a FW go further or shorter?

Long par 3's are not fun for me and I usually lay up if there is no room to miss. I am wondering if a hybrid is in my future.

You could also look at a utility iron like the Adams DHY, Cleveland MT or Altitude, or the Callaway Prototype.

Forgive me if this was posted previously and is slghtly off topic, but this topic has me questioning lofts now.

Long par 3's are not fun for me and I usually lay up if there is no room to miss. I am wondering if a hybrid is in my future.

Hybrids typically have shorter shafts leading to less speed and shorter distance. The trade off, in theory, is that you get more control.

Forgive me if this was posted previously and is slightly off topic, but this topic has me questioning lofts now.

Its hard to say really...depends on shaft length and things like that, but if the shaft lengths were similar they should be fairly close distance wise I would think.

No problemo :act-up: ..... my custom order mizuno : jpx ez #5 , 39 inch, 59 degree lie angle, fujikura orochi 70 grams - R flex. 50:50 chance landing on green.
20151206_190404_zps0dauwusf.jpg

Back