I found them way easier to hit than the 3 and 4 irons and the rest is history. I've replaced my 5 wood this year with a Sonartec MD 17*. I picked up the head from Proshopwarehouse on eBay for $4.25!!! Threw in an Aldila NVS hybrid shaft with a GP dual compound grip for $41 and ready for the season. I may even get rid of the 3 wood if this hybrid fills the gap between driver and 3h well enough.

Flow,
Our THP Pro recently abandoned his 3 wood for a 13* Nickent 5DX hybrid and loves it.

i just got one cuz a lot of people i knew liked them. turns out i am going to replace my 3 iron with one but other than that i am going back to fairway metals

i just got one cuz a lot of people i knew liked them. turns out i am going to replace my 3 iron with one but other than that i am going back to fairway metals

AGGH!!! I hate that term, makes golf sound so futuristic!

I was being told over & over to give them a shot, took me awhile to find the correct ones too.

I have TM Burner hybrids 3 & 5 as well as a TEE 4h. I don't ever see me going back to a 3 or 4 iron. 5 iron possibly & I do carry it with me.

AGGH!!! I hate that term, makes golf sound so futuristic!

i used to call them woods and they still are considered that, but they arent made of wood.

For me, its all about consistency. I mean really, who can hit 2-4 irons well? Plus if you find a hybrid you like, you can deal with manufacturers to get 5-sw and not have a random 3&4 iron sitting around...

For me, its all about consistency. I mean really, who can hit 2-4 irons well? Plus if you find a hybrid you like, you can deal with manufacturers to get 5-sw and not have a random 3&4 iron sitting around...

I've always custom ordered sets 5-PW... a solid forged set run about 120 an iron so I automatically saved 240 dollars. That's a great amount to use on hybrids...

you're right on consistency, hybrids are just so much easier to hit

better control.

I will be hitting a hybrid for the first time tomorrow at the range. I know I'm late to the game, but better late than never. Received my Nickent 3DX RC Ironwood last night from Rock Bottom Golf. Couldn't pass up the $47 cost after reading all the reviews here on Nickent. Figured it was worth a try, even though I have never hit a hybrid before. Can't wait to get to the range tomorrow to give it a try.

I've never really played a hybrid. My son has one in his set, but the flex is too whippy for me and I didn't hit it well.

I'm going to ask for a 22* hybrid for my birthday next month or Christmas. I hit my 3 and 4 irons OK about 50% of the time, so I think I'll benefit from a hybrid. I hit my 5W great though, so I can take some off of it if I need to.

Enjoyed my first swings at the range today with the 3DX RC 3 hybrid. When I hit it solid, it definitely flew good. Still fought a slice with it at times. It was pretty windy, so hard to get an exact ball flight on it, but it felt good when struck pure. Definitely easier to hit than a 3 iron.

My best results with a Hybrid are when I hit it like an iron: ball first, desending blow, small divot. Everytime I try to sweep it I slice or even hook the ball at times.

I got my first one this year after reading about it on here. I liked what I was hearing about the TM Rescue clubs, so thats what I got and love them. The 19* is very consistant 210 yards, while the other (I think it's a 21*) is for 175 to 180 yards.

My starter set came with hybrids instead of long irons. I'm pretty erratic anytime I use it. I should practice them more at the range so I feel comfortable using them when I do play.

I have heard that a 4H is more like your 3 iron and a 5H is more like a 4 iron. I know the only way to know is to go and hit balls but since it is November in Wisconsin I have to travel almost an hour to get to an indoor simulator.

I have heard that a 4H is more like your 3 iron and a 5H is more like a 4 iron. I know the only way to know is to go and hit balls but since it is November in Wisconsin I have to travel almost an hour to get to an indoor simulator.

It depends on the brand and model. Loft is different all over the place.

I've stopped using hybrids. I've tried them for the past four years and am just too inconsistent with them. I will go with the 3 and 4-iron. My irons have a lot of forgiveness built in anyway.

I carry hybrids because everyone says they're easier to hit and that I should carry a couple. I can't hit them for crap. I hit my 22° iron considerably better than my 23° hybrid, and my 3W better than my 17° hybrid. Yeah well.

I switched from an 18* hybrid to the 19* raylor and don't regret it for a second. The Raylor feels like a cross between a 5 wood (longer shaft) and a hybrid (small head). I hit this MUCH better than I can hit either a 2 or 3 iron, and the accuracy is better then the 18* hybrid. Your results may vary but it works for me. IMHO, Dutch

I play an old-school Adams Idea A1 3 hybrid (old school for hybrids). I keep it in the bag because it is versatile. It plays well from the rough, and on the fairway you can work the ball (i.e. draw, stinger, high flight). What you get in versatility, however, you lose in pinpoint accuracy. Pick your poison.

i had a 17* in my bag for some time which was my bread and butter club when everything else was going wrong i could rely on it getting me off the tee, or to a long green.
i recently changed my set up and got an mx-700 20* to sit in as a 3 iron replacement.
my mx-700 3 wood is easy to hit from anywhere and i can work it pretty well so the hybrid is now a straight iron replacement, instead of an easier to hit long wood.

Back