Trying to break 70 club?

Finally got there for the first time this year. A week after shooting 32-38 to just miss the 60's, I shot 33-36 on the same course. Not the lowest ever but the best on this course for me personally. Both rounds had mid-60's potential but for an iffy putter.

Finally got there for the first time this year. A week after shooting 32-38 to just miss the 60's, I shot 33-36 on the same course. Not the lowest ever but the best on this course for me personally. Both rounds had mid-60's potential but for an iffy putter.

Nice round! I'm hoping to break 70 this year. I really think its gonna happen.

70 is par at my course, 2 under most places. Is it gonna happen this year? Probably not. I just broke 80 for the first time so I have a ways to go. I am making it my goal to shoot par or better there before I graduate from high school.

You've still got plenty of time to do it dude. That was my lofty/unreasonable goal freshman year. I didn't come close lol. Good luck.

You've still got plenty of time to do it dude. That was my lofty/unreasonable goal freshman year. I didn't come close lol. Good luck.

Breaking 70 freshman year? Only Andy Zhang could do that.

Breaking 70 freshman year? Only Andy Zhang could do that.

Thought he meant college! Frosh in HS breaking 70 would be a pretty big deal, gotta love a guy setting high goals. I love it.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

My goal for 2013 was was to get to a 6 HDCP and I am at 6.7 right now trending to 6.3. I started 2013 at a 11 HDCP. I never would have thought I could say this, but I am thinking come December a subpar round might be possible. Swing changes are taking hold and putting is getting better. I don't want to jinx it, but I think having shot rounds of 75 and 76 in the last few weeks shows I am on my way.

It's been a long time since I've shot in the 60s and sometimes I wonder if my rounds even count. I dropped a few 69s and a 68 back on the home course but it's a very short 9 holes, par 36. 3 par 3s, 3 par 4s, and 3 par 5s...all holes pretty short. I've eagled all the par 5s and par 4s, although no hole in one's there. It's late in the season but I think I may have a couple of rounds left to play. The last round I shot was a 74 (par 72) and I was even standing on 17 tee. I was sitting at 1 under through 11 holes and didn't birdie any par 5s.

My goal is to get in to the 60s on a legit course playing 6800 plus yards. Once I can do that on a regular basis I'll feel pretty good about my game and the changes I've been able to make in my swing.

My best round was this past august at a local course "royal crest". I've shot in the 60's a handful of times but this day was epic. I ended up with a -9, 62. Breaking the course record by 1 shot. With a bogey on the easiest hole lol. Ball striking, putting was just on point. That was also the best week of golf I've ever played. Played 4 rounds that week and I was a collective -14 for the week. Not a bad week of vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Finally and out of nowhere! First round of the year here in frigid MN. The course opened on Tuesday and I teed of after work with 2 buddies and I shoot a 69. 3 under for the round. Birdies on 1 and 10 and a Eagle on 5. Bogied 11. I missed only 2 greens, got up and down on the 3rd and couldn't on the 11th. My best score previous to that was 2 years ago when I shot a 70. This just seemed so darn easy, like I was not even trying. Huh, maybe that is the key.

Don't expect to be joining this club anytime soon. But good job for anyone trying!

Don't expect to be joining this club anytime soon. But good job for anyone trying!

Same here, but makes a fun read nonetheless.

I am on my way 2 out of the last 3 rounds in the 70's

Normally I have a couple rounds each season in the 60's with around 40 rounds played. I managed 3 of 4 rounds in December below 70 but haven't had any this year. I'm working hard on my putting and swing right now hoping to shave another 1.5 strokes off my index so I can contend at our club championship this August. For me my sub 70 rounds are usually not my best ball striking rounds but my brain and flat stick are both dialed in.

This is beyond my realm of comprehension. It's like trying to imagine having Bill Gates' income. But I find it fun to read and I can admire the guys who can do it. Tahoe wanting to shave more strokes off to be able to compete; I would think with your handicap you'd own most club championships. Great job guys.

I've never been under 75 for 18 holes but I'm definitely gunning for a sub 70 round. Finished under par once for 9 holes but never 18. If I can tighten up my short game, I know I can get there.

My goal is always to shoot par or under, however I haven't broke under 70 in a few years. So, my goal is to do that again this year. I have a course near home that's a really short Par 70, just over 5500 from the "tips" and that course was the last time I broke 70. Shot a 67 two years ago out there.

I need to consistently break 80 forst but soon I will be here my friends. Soon!

This is beyond my realm of comprehension. It's like trying to imagine having Bill Gates' income. But I find it fun to read and I can admire the guys who can do it. Tahoe wanting to shave more strokes off to be able to compete; I would think with your handicap you'd own most club championships. Great job guys.

I can compete with all but 2 guys at my club. One is 17 and won't play in the club championship this year because he has much bigger fish to fry at a regional junior tournament that week. The other guy has won the last 4 years. He played on a full scholarship at UCLA and shot 68, 71 at last year's club championship to win by 5 shots. I have work to do if I'm going to shoot 5 under for 2 rounds under pressure. :act-up:

Last edited:
This is break 70 on the front 9 right?

Im thinking this is back to being on the table. My last 3 rounds were 76, 75 and 73, and the 73 was with 3 penalty shots for unplayable lies. I would be lying if I said that if I don't have a sub 70 by the end of the summer I would be a bit disappointed.

This is my big goal for the rest of the season. I think it's doable. 2 of my last 4 rounds have been 72 and 71. Just waiting for that day when my putting and ballstriking decide to show up on the same day.

The weakest part of my game is ballstriking and the strongest part is my putting. But that's the challenging and fun part of this game, trying to put everything together during the same round.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I would say Par is the first goal and would like to see a sub 70 within a year. The work is there and the improvement is happening, I have had 9's below or at par, but +3 is my current low on both par 70 and 72 for 18 holes. This is definitely on the goal list for me.

Back