Under Armour Amour Bite REVIEW

If it does help you avoid building stress, I could see this product being beneficial. I know one of my mid-round relaxing techniques are standard jaw-stretching/manipulating stuff, although I have no oral fixation of note, I know if my jaw is tight, so is my neck and then into my shoulders...etc.,etc.

This really interests me now. Glad you are doing a review on it thanks.

this thing is interesting, but I dont think I could use it. Looking forward to more info about it though

Wait, I thought that rubber band was supposed to be on the inside of your teeth?

No. It is a piece of plastic - alittle bit harder and stiffer than the mouthguard like plastic that goes on the back teeth. It goes in the front, on the outside of your teeth. There is a little notch in it, so when you fit it, you can find the center of the mouth piece to line it up.

I think I would suggest going with a size larger as well. I think the one I bought is slightly small and it feels somewhat like a retainer. I think going a little bit bigger would be better. I still really like the product and will wear it again the next round I play (later this week - didn't get out today).

I need to get one of these, and soon.

Edit: These are 75$ in canada, 29 in the US. Srslywtf

Dang...Canadians must bite hard, requiring extra reinforcement in the design.

Are you serious? Holy Crap.

Test Date: 10/21

Weather: Low 50's

Used the Armour Bite today again for the second time. The reason I wrote in the weather is that I remember from football and soccer growing up that the colder the weather, the stiffer my mouthguard would get. This was somewhat but not entirely true for the AB. I remember my mouthguards being super hard and not softening up at all, even for the entire duration of games. Well that isn't the case with the Armour Bite. The first hole it was a little stiff and a little tough to get settled in my mouth. This also could be because I have a smaller size than I need (the correct size is in the mail and should be here tomorrow or Monday). Either way, by the 3rd tee box, it was comfortably ensconced on my bottom teeth. I did again notice considerably less stress standing over the ball, and as such I had much more confidence while at address. The same held true for putting as I putted very well again in really tough conditions. The course was really chewed up and extremely wet from the terrible weather we have had over the last two weeks. I would definitely stand by my initial reaction so far as to say that while unorthodox and unique, I feel like Under Armour is seriously on to something.

Test Date 10/24

Weather: Mid 50's

The Armour Bite continues to impress. It is holding up to my constant chewing and gnawing nicely, as it doesn't show any wear at this point. Didn't need to soften up either today which was nice. I think the weather was just warm enough to get past that cold hard stage. I will begin testing the larger size next round as it arrived in the mail today. As for the round, I putted exceptionally well today. 12 total putts for 9 holes. I do feel that the Armour Bite has helped in this area. Everything just feels locked in over the ball and I don't feel like I'm searching for things in my mouth. I know that sounds odd but that is the best way I can describe the feeling. It has also helped me off the tee with the same feeling. I continue to be somewhat shocked at how it just feels right when you address the ball with it between your teeth. I almost prefer it to a wad of dip or chew. Almost haha. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the reviews ghsace! I was thinking about this on the course yesterday. I made an effort to keep my mouth open when swinging on the holes that I thought about it. I felt like I was swinging a little more fluid, although it could be mental. I think I am going to order one to try out.

Thanks for the reviews ghsace! I was thinking about this on the course yesterday. I made an effort to keep my mouth open when swinging on the holes that I thought about it. I felt like I was swinging a little more fluid, although it could be mental. I think I am going to order one to try out.

I'll tell you Dirtydawg, it takes alittle time getting comfortable with it, but once you play with it, it feels like it is supposed to be there. It's really odd. Like I said, it just feels like everything lines up starting with your mouth and you go from there. And you could be right - maybe it is all mental. BUT if you think it helps, and it appears to help......... then it helps.

The curiosity is nearly getting the best of me. I'm just about going to have to try this thing for myself.

The curiosity is nearly getting the best of me. I'm just about going to have to try this thing for myself.

YESSS!!! PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!! hahahaha. Honestly, it might be worth it. Any little edge helps IMO. And it's way cheaper than a new club.

I just searched on TGW and they had them for $79. Under Armour has them for $29 on their site and free shipping.

I just searched on TGW and they had them for $79. Under Armour has them for $29 on their site and free shipping.

Yeah, TGW is about 1 month late with this. Dick's and UA.com have them for $29. For $79, no chance I buy it. But for $29, its' worth a shot.

I am going to give this a try while golfing. I grind my teeth BAD during the night and sometimes if I don't wear my guard, I will wake up with the worst headache you can imagine. I am the same way-always chewing on seeds, tees, something.

I am going to give this a try while golfing. I grind my teeth BAD during the night and sometimes if I don't wear my guard, I will wake up with the worst headache you can imagine. I am the same way-always chewing on seeds, tees, something.

I hope it works out for you! By the size large. Good luck and enjoy!

I have been intrigued with this since I read about baseball players wearing them a couple years ago, thanks for the review I am definitely going to try this out!

dicks has like a combo pack with the armour bite and a regular mouth piece for contact sports for like 40 bucks i think im gonna head to mine tomorrow and grab one use the contact sport one for ice hockey and the armour bite for golf.

stopped by dicks before the grocery store today and bought this and got it all fitted. hoping to hit the range tomorrow and see how it feels when i swing a club. it doesn't seem that big which i like i have a horrible gag reflex and its hard for me to find mouth pieces that don't make me dry heave.

stopped by dicks before the grocery store today and bought this and got it all fitted. hoping to hit the range tomorrow and see how it feels when i swing a club. it doesn't seem that big which i like i have a horrible gag reflex and its hard for me to find mouth pieces that don't make me dry heave.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you! I don't think you will have that issue.

I am planning on using this on Saturday I will post my findings here on Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want one of these so bad but I can't pay 80$ for it. I'll wait til next summer I guess. Worst.

Thank you for the information; it was very informative. I too always feel the need to have something to chew on while I am playing. If I do not have gum in my mouth I feel lost. Not that having gum in your mouth is bad, but I wonder if this would do the same thing. After reading your posts I think I may go out and try one. Thanks again...

Back