Updated PGA Tour Trackman Averages Data - Thoughts?

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
1000066788.jpg

It’s the driver numbers that get me

It’s exactly what I expected.

It’s exactly what I expected.
I think the height trips some people out still. I was watching a video with a couple guys the other day and Vosh said to one of their tour players 'good height on that too... 92 feet." And the guys were like wtf? Always examples against the norms, but even though we're in the monitor era and people know numbers more, I don't think people realize how low most Tour guys live.

Gotta hit it low with the driver so it’ll roll another 40yds on those firm fairways.

Glad these got a refresh, felt like it was definitely needed

Driver AoA and spin are not what you would of expected.

None of those really surprise me but darn are those good looking numbers.

Like others, I would have thought launch angle would be higher, spin would be lower, and AoA would be up with driver. Maybe I'm not as bad as I thought, because my spin and launch numbers tend to be in that ballpark, though a little shorter on average for sure.

Generally the distances are what I expected though. About 1/2-1 club longer than I am.

Is it crazy that I was expecting slightly higher numbers for the PGA Tour averages?

Like the previous chart, always makes me wonder:
-Is height +\- 2-3 yards something I should chase through my whole set
-Should I be aiming for these spin numbers, and if so how much higher or lower is my spin off of a mat

35 yards is low?

I saw that. Descent angle promotes some roll. Just hard to believe the ball gets up in the air with less than 11* of launch.

The negative angle of attack with Driver is surprising to me. I wouldn’t have expected to see that.

Like the previous chart, always makes me wonder:
-Is height +\- 2-3 yards something I should chase through my whole set
-Should I be aiming for these spin numbers, and if so how much higher or lower is my spin off of a mat
I have a strong hunch that they are not chasing that peak height, it's merely a byproduct of doing everything right with the swing.

I saw that. Descent angle promotes some roll. Just hard to believe the ball gets up in the air with less than 11* of launch.
Ball speed helps.

Even though I know these guys have a Negative AOA on the driver - It still doesn't compute when I see it

Even though I know these guys have a Negative AOA on the driver - It still doesn't compute when I see it
To note, that's the average.

They play a different game than I do. 10* driver LA surprises me a bit

Back