Updated PGA Tour Trackman Averages Data - Thoughts?

The driver AoA is a bit surprising to me (especially with that spin) and it really highlights where my iron play needs work. Otherwise nothing jumps out at me

@OldandStiff remember when we were talking peaks a few months ago??

1714753259478.png

Honestly thought the woods carry numbers would be higher. Basically 250 fly with a 3w? I thought they’d be 260-265

I’d say I’m about a club below on average with my new irons.
I always love seeing these numbers. I think of myself as a shorter hitter but really I’m not thaaaat far behind. One club, or maybe a half club on the shorter irons (no jacked lofts).

I‘m still light years behind in some other trivial areas: Looks, talent, charisma, net worth… But distance isn’t as bad as I thought.

Hey, it’s a start!

I always love seeing these numbers. I think of myself as a shorter hitter but really I’m not thaaaat far behind. One club, or maybe a half club on the shorter irons (no jacked lofts).

I‘m still light years behind in some other trivial areas: Looks, talent, charisma, net worth… But distance isn’t as bad as I thought.

Hey, it’s a start!
Let’s not dive into proximity to the hole numbers😂

Let’s not dive into proximity to the hole numbers😂
Funny you should mention. I was at the range earlier enjoying a nice two way miss. Left right left right. I was thinking maybe it’s not a coincidence the word dispersion starts with dis. 😂

It’s exactly what I expected.

The angle of attack was a bit less than I expected I was thinking +1 or 2*. I realize these are not all I am going to hit it as far as I can numbers though.

@OldandStiff remember when we were talking peaks a few months ago??

View attachment 9262787
Yea that is low. When I started noticing peak heights from players the one thing that stuck out is that so many hit it so low. I live in the 120ish feet range, so like high 30's low 40's....I need to bring it down lol

How though? lol
switch gravity GIF by HANDYMARTIAN

Gravity?

At 42 i'm just happy i'm in the same stratosphere as some of those numbers. They definitely hit it higher than me tho

Ironically, if you put an amateur next to a pro on the range their minds get broken at how high they hit the ball. It always cracks me up.
The consistency always blows my mind.

Ball flights just look so much different.

Yep. They keep it under control.
It’s so much fun to watch people observe it for the first time

They definitely play a different game than I do the LPGA numbers are more aligned with my game.

I'm a little surprised at the LA vs. Max Height. My Trackman sessions show max height close to the PGA average range but my LA is ~3 degrees higher and my swing speed is much lower. I might be confusing this with the LPGA chart but I thought my LA was closer than that. It looks like we get to the apex in different ways and that explains some of my old instruction. Maybe I should revisit the path that led to ~85 ft. apexes. And those spin and descent angle numbers are my goals. I love when a ball lands like a sack of taters.

Just makes me shake my head that the Tour Average for Driver is a -.09* Launch angle 10.4* Launch Angle.
So here we are trying to hit up on the ball and get 12-14* Launch Angle on our driver and the Tour is the complete opposite

They "Are" playing a different game.
Indeed they are. But thanks to the USGA suffering from a rectal/ cranial inversion, we will be playing the same ball.

Back