Uphill or downhill which do you favor?

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So which lie are you better at? I do not do well with uphill lies. I either catch it fat or I hit the ground before and the ball goes opposite of how I lined up.

I prefer uphill long shots and greenside shots. I am beginning to prefer downhill putts.

Down hill lies are tough to me and especially if my feet happen be above the ball on a down hill lie.

I'd rather hit an uphill lie, I feel it helps me get the ball in the air better.
Sometimes downhill lies are tougher for me to get down on.

uphill everything for me, even putts. My misses seem to be worse on downhill lies.

Definitely uphill, I don't know anybody that likes a downhill lie.

I'd hav to say uphill, I tend to get flat on downhill lies and shank the ball

I would rather have to hit an uphill lie than a down hill lie anytime. It seems that on a down hill lie I have a tendency to hit the ball fat.

Uphill lies all day long.

Uphill over downhill in every possibly situation, unless I needed to keep it low

Yep, another vote for uphill rather than downhill. So easy for me to chunk / thin a shot from a downhill lie.

Uphill any day of the week

Easy uphill and extra club.

Uphill all the way for me!

Im going with uphill. I like to tend to top my balls all the time. So I hate down hill lies.

Ill take uphill any day over downhill. It's so hard to get to the ball sometimes on a downhill lie.

I have no preference one way or another. The lies that gives me some issue is the hanging lie.

Same for me on the uphill lie. Have never been able to stay down on the downhill lies. Guess practice makes perfect, so I will be working on these soon as the snow thaws.

I'd rather hit an uphill lie, I feel it helps me get the ball in the air better.
Sometimes downhill lies are tougher for me to get down on.

Ill take uphill any day over downhill. It's so hard to get to the ball sometimes on a downhill lie.
This is preference as well. Never seem to catch it flush on a downhill lie.

I prefer an uphill lie. Sometimes when it's downhill I don't get the face square and hit a nice low slice.

I think the uphill lie is a bit easier for me but I am going to be working on that next year. Want to make sure anywhere I am i have confidence that I can make a good shot.

Love me some downhill lies with approach shots. Makes it so easy to transfer weight and really attack the ball. Uphill putts all day though.

As most others, uphill lie for me too. I guess it must generally be easier to put the shoulders parallel with the ground and still maintain balance for the uphill lie vs the down one. Either that or perhaps we simply just can get away with more for the uphill shot.

Back