UST Mamiya All In Putter Shaft

Retro fit is going in the Toulon Chicago

The other one is going in an Odyssey 5K #1 I have on the way.
Nice! Those are both gonna look sweet!

The new putter setup with the All-In is just fantastic. I’m still super impressed with how good the feel is. It’s so stable, but it doesn’t feel rigid and I’m able to tell what I did on mishits. I played yesterday morning and distance control is definitely where I’ve seen the most improvement. I’m also hitting my lines more frequently and I’m starting to make a few more putts. Made a good 20 footer for birdie a couple of others in the 6-7 foot range for par. I’m still a crappy putter, but I feel like the All-In shaft is helping mitigate the crappiness. lol

If you get fitted for a putter with a standard steel shaft and then put this on it, does it 'mess up the fitting' of the putter?

Struggled quite a bit with the putter today. Added some 20g weights to the Jailbird Mini head and had better distance control but struggled keeping putts online.

Funny how different putter heads can make such a difference. Still love the All In shaft. It feels good. Just not sure the combo with Jailbird is working. It's early in this experiment so there'll be more chances. But for now going back to the Triple Wide and All In combo. That has been stellar and I'll feel better having that in league play.

If you get fitted for a putter with a standard steel shaft and then put this on it, does it 'mess up the fitting' of the putter?
I don’t have a definitive answer to this, so maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in. My first thought is that it could change the weighting and that could have an impact. It’ll change the feel a bit as well, but for me, that was a good thing.

Array with this in it performed really well at Ballyhack. On some of the craziest greens you'll see, I felt really confident with it by the end, once I got my stroke cleaned up and was keeping the face more square. Lag putting is incredibly difficult and important there, and speed control was great with the combination. I was going to order another stock shaft to have the option to swap this out as I struggled initially, but those thoughts are long gone now.

It will change the feel. It can change the weight. And it will take some time to adjust to it. For me it was distance control because the shaft felt different through the stroke. In I found the distance control though, I fell in love with the shaft. If you have the right read on the putt it's easy to keep it online.

Array with this in it performed really well at Ballyhack. On some of the craziest greens you'll see, I felt really confident with it by the end, once I got my stroke cleaned up and was keeping the face more square. Lag putting is incredibly difficult and important there, and speed control was great with the combination. I was going to order another stock shaft to have the option to swap this out as I struggled initially, but those thoughts are long gone now.
Glad to hear you were able to find some consistency with this! Each round I play this year keeps getting more and more consistent.

Glad to hear you were able to find some consistency with this! Each round I play this year keeps getting more and more consistent.
That's pretty much been my experience too. Partly new putter and partly new shaft I'm sure. Sadly, returning to Montana and our slow ass greens now.

That's pretty much been my experience too. Partly new putter and partly new shaft I'm sure. Sadly, returning to Montana and our slow ass greens now.
So much rain here. Greens are so so slow.

Really preferred faster greens with the All In.

Haha yeah after playing a Dormie course it is really hard to be content rolling putts on anything else

So much rain here. Greens are so so slow.

Really preferred faster greens with the All In.

Haha yeah after playing a Dormie course it is really hard to be content rolling putts on anything else
It's so nice not having to take a big swing and knowing they're going to roll pure every time.

I’m curious if will see custom color options in this putter shaft like KBS and ACCRA offer?

Struggled quite a bit with the putter today. Added some 20g weights to the Jailbird Mini head and had better distance control but struggled keeping putts online.

Funny how different putter heads can make such a difference. Still love the All In shaft. It feels good. Just not sure the combo with Jailbird is working. It's early in this experiment so there'll be more chances. But for now going back to the Triple Wide and All In combo. That has been stellar and I'll feel better having that in league play.

Have you played a mallet before? As a predominantly blade or mid mallet putter myself, going full mallet or 7 shape took some time to get used to. I’ve also found that I play a lot better with a plumbers neck or single bend versus a double bend. Small differences but when all out together can change the dynamic of what you are feeling through impact.

Have you played a mallet before? As a predominantly blade or mid mallet putter myself, going full mallet or 7 shape took some time to get used to. I’ve also found that I play a lot better with a plumbers neck or single bend versus a double bend. Small differences but when all out together can change the dynamic of what you are feeling through impact.
I used to play mallet exclusively before the 21 Grandaddy. Then it was almost all Triple Wide up until this year. Now it seems anytime I go back to a mallet I struggle and get frustrated.

Such a comfort level with the Triple Wide shape I knew it would be an adjustment. Just fell in love with the Jailbird shape and hoped it'd be an easy switch. I won't give up on it, but You're right it'll take some time.

ALL-IN and Garsen grip has been ordered to go in the 8-T.

New putter has been picked up!
IMG_4831.jpgIMG_4829.jpgIMG_4828.jpg

Just installed a retrofit in my old trusty Odyssey White Hot Marxman.
:oops:
This shaft is amazing! The stability and distance control is just wow.
Haven't had it on the course yet, hopefully this weekend, but it's night and day difference even on my mat.
I see more upgrades in my future.

Back