UST Mamiya DART V TSPX Iron Shafts

I know a few people were interested in the Dart V wedge shafts. Are there any questions I can answer for you?

I know a few people were interested in the Dart V wedge shafts. Are there any questions I can answer for you?

Yes, should I get them? 😂

Next, what do you like most about them?!

Yes, should I get them? 😂

Next, what do you like most about them?!
Well the answer to your first question is fairly obvious! What I like most about them is that they are a continuation of the iron shafts. Meaning they feel different and perform different than the iron shafts, but it’s not a complete 180. You can feel the stability in the wedge shafts just like the iron shafts. They compliment each other well.

I have a standard iron shaft in my GW and wedge shafts in my SW and LW. I see you use Dart V 105s and MMTs in your wedges. I would recommend getting fit because I found the performance of the Dart V and MMT to be very similar. Feel was the only thing that seperated them for me.

Well the answer to your first question is fairly obvious! What I like most about them is that they are a continuation of the iron shafts. Meaning they feel different and perform different than the iron shafts, but it’s not a complete 180. You can feel the stability in the wedge shafts just like the iron shafts. They compliment each other well.

I have a standard iron shaft in my GW and wedge shafts in my SW and LW. I see you use Dart V 105s and MMTs in your wedges. I would recommend getting fit because I found the performance of the Dart V and MMT to be very similar. Feel was the only thing that seperated them for me.

Feel and stability have been the biggest differences for me regarding the Dart V vs the MMT. I'm definitely looking at the DART V wedge shafts over the MMT just because of that feel and stability.

Played another 9 with the T300 TSPX 90f3 today. These feel so much more solid than my Zx5/Recoil 95f3 combo. Could be strictly the differences in the shafts. But I think it’s also because the Srixons swingweight lighter than the T300s. Srixon standard swingweight with graphite are only C9/D0. I love the Srixon turf interaction. But the TSPX are so good. I’m reluctant to take them apart, even one club from each set. But I might need to do that. More to follow.

For those that went from steel to graphite what are some pros and cons you have seen?
Way less pain in my joints, and a feeling that I don’t need to overswing to get the shaft to load.

Dart V wedge shafts have a different feel than the 120F4. You can definitely notice the difference. The tip section feels a lot more active. If you swing a wedge 100% primarily, use the standard iron shaft. If you only hit wedges 3/4 or less, Dart V wedge shaft for sure!
That was Danny’s suggestion to me. Carry the iron shafts through the wedges in the Dart V setup I have going. I think that’s what I will do.

That was Danny’s suggestion to me. Carry the iron shafts through the wedges in the Dart V setup I have going. I think that’s what I will do.
@DannyLe knows a thing or two.

Dart V wedge shafts have a different feel than the 120F4. You can definitely notice the difference. The tip section feels a lot more active. If you swing a wedge 100% primarily, use the standard iron shaft. If you only hit wedges 3/4 or less, Dart V wedge shaft for sure!

I have the iron shaft through AW. It’s those last 3 wedges….

Same. Said to at least put them in any wedge you will put a full swing on.

I agree that the wedge version was more like a cousin to the iron shafts. My favorite part about the iron shafts was the easy launch and peak height. Felt like the wedge version went even higher when I’d have preferred it to be more penetrating. Makes sense to me that Danny would recommend the iron version for anything with full swings.

It would be weird to order these for the OL irons before I actually hit the stock shafts, wouldn't it? Yeah, yeah it would.
Don’t want the one to talk you out of it, but I didn’t care for these in OL. I really liked them in VL, but something about how they kick in the OL 9i and PW just didn’t click for me. I still have the Dart V in the FT OL PW and it still just feels weird.

Don’t want the one to talk you out of it, but I didn’t care for these in OL. I really liked them in VL, but something about how they kick in the OL 9i and PW just didn’t click for me. I still have the Dart V in the FT OL PW and it still just feels weird.
That is weird. It shouldn't really kick any different than the 7/8i you base them off of. At least I wouldn't think

It would be weird to order these for the OL irons before I actually hit the stock shafts, wouldn't it? Yeah, yeah it would.
I prefer the Dart V over the “stock” OL Recoils, but I think the Darts would be the best of all worlds. But that’s just my personal opinion having hit all 3.

The Dart V wedge shaft allows you to elevate your wedges or keep them lower pretty well. The tip is more active than on the regular iron shaft, but not excessive.

The Dart V wedge shaft allows you to elevate your wedges or keep them lower pretty well. The tip is more active than on the regular iron shaft, but not excessive.
Might be one I give a go soon. Didn't like the first graphite wedge shaft I tried so I've been hesitant since. Been dealing with the stock steel but can't help but think I'm missing out on something.

Might be one I give a go soon. Didn't like the first graphite wedge shaft I tried so I've been hesitant since. Been dealing with the stock steel but can't help but think I'm missing out on something.
The biggest thing I’ve noticed between graphite shafts is stability. Dart V is one of the most stable shafts I’ve ever tried.

So, I take full shots with my 54 & 58 and touch shots. Would you think iron shafts there and wedge shaft for my 62?

Back