Vibration Dampening Inserts

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
So currently in my iron shafts, I have Sensicore inserts by True Temper. Those are no longer in production and I’m looking for something similar for new shafts.

What are you using?

So currently in my iron shafts, I have Sensicore inserts by True Temper. Those are no longer in production and I’m looking for something similar for new shafts.

What are you using?
Graphite.

But seriously, best dampening out there.

That said, for inserts in steel I always use ProSoft, they work well, and are proven.

Graphite.

That said, for inserts in steel I always use ProSoft, they work well, and are proven.
+1 to the graphite. I would look at the UST Recoil Dart V for you. I think you will be really happy with the performance.

Graphite.

Prosoft was the one I’ve seen the most.

Prosoft was the one I’ve seen the most.
They’ve been around forever and work extremely well. Used them for years.

Graphite.

Completely agree. I use ProSoft in all my steel installs unless someone doesn't want them and have done so for many years. I believe in their dampening characteristics, but as Jman said nothing touches graphite in that regard.

What are you using?
These ones from Billy Bob's.

Another vote for graphite. Do not miss that that elbow shaking vibration front a well thinned shot.

Completely agree. I use ProSoft in all my steel installs unless someone doesn't want them and have done so for many years. I believe in their dampening characteristics, but as Jman said nothing touches graphite in that regard.
Yup, ProSoft are top notch.

What are you using?
I used the Sensicore ones with an old set of irons with PX iron shafts that absolutely wrecked my right arm. The inserts helped at the time, but I soon moved away from those irons. I've also used Prosoft inserts and they help.

I know inserts are great way to save some costs of going graphite, but if you are really in need of something that's going to be easier on the body, graphite is the way.

I used the Sensicore ones with an old set of irons with PX iron shafts that absolutely wrecked my right arm. The inserts helped at the time, but I soon moved away from those irons. I've also used Prosoft inserts and they help.

I know inserts are great way to save some costs of going graphite, but if you are really in need of something that's going to be easier on the body, graphite is the way.
Smart man, here.

****, am I sick?

She will confirm, I’m not pregnant, just old and fat. 🤣
I might actually be pregnant. The mood swings and cravings are crazy lately.

It’s mostly because of the PX 6.0’s. They were the best fit for me but using them indoors made it so I couldn’t lift a piece of paper. So ever since then I’ve had sensicore and Golf Pride CP2 grips with wraps lol it’s habit more than necessity now I think?

It’s mostly because of the PX 6.0’s. They were the best fit for me but using them indoors made it so I couldn’t lift a piece of paper. So ever since then I’ve had sensicore and Golf Pride CP2 grips with wraps lol it’s habit more than necessity now I think?
those are the shafts I had issues with too. They were the best fit. The move to KBS Tour at the time was sooooooo welcome.

Pro Soft Dampening inserts in every one of my steel shafted irons and wedges.

How did I not know these were even a thing after 20 years of playing steel shafts. Oh well, moved into graphite for the time being.

I tried the Prosoft inserts in some KBS C-Tapers before I switched to graphite. They helped but graphite helped more.

I'm wondering how the inserts would feel in graphite. I don't recall a loss of "feel" in a shot when I used the inserts in the steel shafts, just a lot less jarring vibration. Has anyone tried this? Am I a dubmass for even thinking of it?

Back